+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP with request from CIC to submit additional docs

alfredo_245

Feb 8, 2015
Hi everyone,

I just got a request from CIC to submit additional documents (additional docs required). When I applied I used a passport that expires in Nov. 2015. I put in the explanation letter that I was going to renew my passport. I already have a new passport which is valid for the next 5 years. I got a letter from CIC today asking me to submit copies of my new passport. I am not sure how to do this. Has anyone had submitted documents AFTER applying for PR. Can someone please advise on how to upload them? I am not sure if there is even a section to submit documents after submitting the PR.

Please help me!

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Login to MyCIC and go to the post ITA application. Click on 'View Submitted Application' and click Continue on the next screen. You will be able to see the new upload section there.

ACE001

Jul 12, 2015
Thank you Asivad for your response, I tried it but I didn’t work might be due to some technical issue.

I got an email from CIC requesting to upload one additional document to MyCIC account. After the request, when I logged into MyCIC account there was no document in my checklist marked as “Not Provided” nor there was any additional field to upload the requested document.

I followed CIC instructions (which u too mentioned in your reply):

1. Sign in to mycic account
2. Under "view my submitted applications" click on "Check status and Messages"
3. Under "Application Details" click on "View submitted application" at the bottom of page
4. On this page you will have the opportunity to upload the additional documents , the same way you uploaded the others
5. To upload your document find the document listed in your checklist that appears as "Not Provided" and click on "Upload document"

I am thinking of sending Case specific inquiry to CIC by explaining the situation and attaching following documents:

1. Requested document
2. CIC letter asking for the document
3. Screen shot of my documents checklist page

Would that be the right approach? Please suggest what should I do

nastasya

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
ACE001 said:
Thank you Asivad for your response, I tried it but I didn't work might be due to some technical issue.

I got an email from CIC requesting to upload one additional document to MyCIC account. After the request, when I logged into MyCIC account there was no document in my checklist marked as “Not Provided” nor there was any additional field to upload the requested document.

I followed CIC instructions (which u too mentioned in your reply):

1. Sign in to mycic account
2. Under "view my submitted applications" click on "Check status and Messages"
3. Under "Application Details" click on "View submitted application" at the bottom of page
4. On this page you will have the opportunity to upload the additional documents , the same way you uploaded the others
5. To upload your document find the document listed in your checklist that appears as "Not Provided" and click on "Upload document"

I am thinking of sending Case specific inquiry to CIC by explaining the situation and attaching following documents:

1. Requested document
2. CIC letter asking for the document
3. Screen shot of my documents checklist page

Would that be the right approach? Please suggest what should I do

I had same issue before. Send CSE to tech department (they are the fastest to respond). Attach copy of your new passport as well as screenshots where they can see why you cant upload it by yourself.

They respond within 10 days (I got response within 6 days) and they will upload a copy of your passport to your application by themselves.