+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help to fill IMM5524E(PRTD) -- I received my COPR, I did not spent even a day in Canada

Ruban Karthik

Sep 6, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I had applied for PR CEC-inland and received COPR today. I am a temporary resident of Canada on work permit. I came back for a vacation before COVID-19 but could not return back to Canada because of travel restrictions. My work permit has been expired and I received my COPR. In order to travel back to Canada, I need a permanent resident travel document.

There is a requirement to prove the residency obligation but I have not spent even a day in Canada after getting COPR. What should I fill in IMM5524E form in following points?

15 - Time spent in Canada - This is for the time I spent in Canada since I became PR but I have not spent a day. should I leave this blank??
19- Humanitarian and Compassionate Grounds - Should I leave this blank or should provide some explanation that why I am out of Canada?

To prove my temporary residance in Canada I have many documents, eg. bank statement, CRA notice of assessment, Mobile Bill, Gas bill. Should I submit these with my PRTD application?

Thanks in advance for the guidance.

Thanks
Sumit
Hi Sumit,
I am in exact same situation as of yours. Can you please let me know what did you fill for those questions 15&19.
I was in Canada for five years but I haven't stayed in Canada for a single day after I received my CoPR.
Thanks in advance.

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Hi Sumit,
I am in exact same situation as of yours. Can you please let me know what did you fill for those questions 15&19.
I was in Canada for five years but I haven't stayed in Canada for a single day after I received my CoPR.
Thanks in advance.
Hi, I left it blank and added an explanation letter and got approved.

bricks711

Jul 10, 2020
hi

I have submitted the application for PRTD on 4th Feb 2021 and I received the Passport submission request on 11th Feb 2021 ( which I guess its approved ) .

Once I received the passport submission request I . Below are steps to follow once you receive passport submission request .

1. Raised the passport submission request with VFS using webform ( link https://vfs-cic.mioot.com/forms/PS/)
2. Next day VFS will send the link to pay the fees for courier .
3. Once you pay the fees , next day courier company will pick up the passport and will send to Delhi visa office day after
4. then it takes 3-4 days to process the visa and send the passport back.
5. Received the passport with visa which is single entry and valid for One year.

So overall it will take 20-25 days for overall process.

Hope this helps !!

amit
Hi Amit,

I am also planning to apply for the PRTD when I am travelling outside of Canada since I did not receive my PR card yet and only have my eCOPR with me.

Question, with which all documents did you prove your residency obligation? since I have to show that I will live in Canada for the remaining 5 years. Would the documents listed in the checklist be enough or do we need to provide a letter of explanation?

Thanks in advance!

Bafnamit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Hi Amit,

I am also planning to apply for the PRTD when I am travelling outside of Canada since I did not receive my PR card yet and only have my eCOPR with me.

Question, with which all documents did you prove your residency obligation? since I have to show that I will live in Canada for the remaining 5 years. Would the documents listed in the checklist be enough or do we need to provide a letter of explanation?

Thanks in advance!
Yes as you are new PR waiting for first PR card the documents in checklist is enough to show you will be in canada for 5 years as you have just spend few months or weeks in canada as PR status.

bricks711

Jul 10, 2020
Yes as you are new PR waiting for first PR card the documents in checklist is enough to show you will be in canada for 5 years as you have just spend few months or weeks in canada as PR status.
Thank you!
So I have to submit the documents dating from when I got my PR application approved right (i.e. July 14, 2021)? And not anything before that right, because that would reflect the time when I was on a work permit.

Bafnamit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Thank you!
So I have to submit the documents dating from when I got my PR application approved right (i.e. July 14, 2021)? And not anything before that right, because that would reflect the time when I was on a work permit.
Hi
You need to provide the document as per document checklist.
Regards
Amit.

bricks711

Jul 10, 2020
Hi
You need to provide the document as per document checklist.
Regards
Amit.
Okay understood, but should I provide documents for the last 5 years of residency in Canada or just from the time when I received my PR(which is just 4 months)?
Thanks!

Bafnamit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Okay understood, but should I provide documents for the last 5 years of residency in Canada or just from the time when I received my PR(which is just 4 months)?
Thanks!
[/QUOTE]
As per document checklist you need to provide 2 piece of evidence that show residency in Canada in 5 years before the PRTD application.
documents can be paystub, bank statements, notice of assessment for last 5 years, rental agreement , any benefit received from Canada government program etc.

Vinitkamboj

Nov 24, 2021
Hello guys,
I got my copr (inland) in April 2021, I travelled back to India in September 2021 and also applied for PRTD but didn’t get response yet.
My doubt: is it possible i can enter Canada through land border(peace bridge), i have a valid b1/b2 visa. So i can enter with my COPR and passport through border?
Is there any other documentation needed?
Please reply
Thank you in advance!