+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! PRRA decision letter

AbhiThak

Sep 13, 2021
Hi - if a person with PR status is convicted for a serious criminal offence, the person is taken to Adjudication where they lose their PR status and receive a removal order. If eligible, they appeal the removal order but should the appeal fail, PRRA is then offered.

PRRA is a Pre-Removal Risk Assessment, so the answer to this person's question is that the next step is removal. Remedies? Hire a lawyer to discuss spending lots and lots of cash on appeals or requests for temporary Stays of Removal to the Federal Court of Canada. It isn't mentioned what the person did or where they are from, so there's little to add regarding their chance for success.

A footnote to all of this might be that this conviction and deportation follows the individual inasmuch as any country with which Canada routinely shares information will learn of their criminality and removal. You've caused your world to shrink.
yea that's rite

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
yea that's rite
Hi - well, you're not in a good spot, but you could begin to concentrate on whatever positives there may be for you. Perhaps your 20 years abroad will have benefits for you when you return to your country.

I don't know anything about you, but generally speaking you may have in-demand language skills, some western working experience or knowledge, or maybe some educational achievements that will get you back on your feet. There are pardon processes that you might access after a number of years that could demonstrate a turn about in your life and qualify you for more positions of trust.

Who knows, but while you've limited your opportunities you haven't eliminated them. Good luck and look past the bleak to find the things that might work to benefit you.

Reactions: toecyne

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have messed up right now, I had a good lawyer but he messed up.
What country are you from? Deportations are on hold from some countries. Unfortunately you will still end up in limbo if you can’t be deported but also don’t have status.

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
Hi - if a person with PR status is convicted for a serious criminal offence, the person is taken to Adjudication where they lose their PR status and receive a removal order. If eligible, they appeal the removal order but should the appeal fail, PRRA is then offered.

PRRA is a Pre-Removal Risk Assessment, so the answer to this person's question is that the next step is removal. Remedies? Hire a lawyer to discuss spending lots and lots of cash on appeals or requests for temporary Stays of Removal to the Federal Court of Canada. It isn't mentioned what the person did or where they are from, so there's little to add regarding their chance for success.

A footnote to all of this might be that this conviction and deportation follows the individual inasmuch as any country with which Canada routinely shares information will learn of their criminality and removal. You've caused your world to shrink.
Ohh..

That doesn't sound good !!

Kimbi mbanga

Jan 4, 2022
Hi Harvey0880,

He did not have an interview. He was sent a letter a decision was made and given a date to come in.
Upon meeting with the immigration officer he was told his application was denied because he did not have sufficient evidence his life was in danger. He was asked when he can leave the country, if he was purchasing his own ticket or not and if he had any questions. He asked for 6 months time in order to get his affairs in order and leave Canada after 17 years.
Good evening please I have the same problem im facing removal and I have file for PRRA and I don’t know when will i be given a decision secondly will be given a work permit,

Reactions: Gill$&@

Cip

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Good evening please I have the same problem im facing removal and I have file for PRRA and I don’t know when will i be given a decision secondly will be given a work permit,
Any update regarding your PRRA application because I am in same situation now.

Osagiodwa1

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020

What is regarded as an offense to affect PPRA?
What happens if after a failed appeal at Federal Court fails?

Sweetburfi

Aug 31, 2022
Hi everyone, how we know the decision of PRRA application? where we have to go for get the decisions? at CBSA office or IRRC?

Sweetburfi

Aug 31, 2022
I already send email to IRRC but my lawyer suggested me to you don’t have to contact, but I already contacted and waiting for response

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I already send email to IRRC but my lawyer suggested me to you don’t have to contact, but I already contacted and waiting for response
Would wait for a response. Technically your representative should have contact with them but it should be fine. Your lawyer likely doesn’t want you to contact CBSA knowing that most PPRAs are refused so waiting for a response may lets you remain in Canada as long as possible opening up other possibilities. Where are you from? Is it a deportable country? Where did you claim asylum from first?