+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! PRRA decision letter

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Oh GCMS, what is that? I don’t know about that, even I asked my lawyer
It is an access to information request. These are extra steps so your lawyer isn’t incorrect for not bringing it up. I am mentioning it because you are wanting more information while you wait. GCMS notes may not give you more information than you already know but no harm in applying. Believe it is now taking 2-3 months to receive.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

Sweetburfi

Aug 31, 2022
When I Visit CBSA and asked status of my application after one hour they gave me slips with not of

PERMANENT RESIDENTS: ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS WITH IRCC

IRCC will NOT accept walk-ins.

Phone Number: 1-888-242-2100

IRCC will respond through mail or email with the date and time for your document pickup appointment

Send a letter request to:

IRCC Etobicoke 5343 Dundas Street West

Etobicoke, ON

M9B 6K5

Sweetburfi

Aug 31, 2022
It is an access to information request. These are extra steps so your lawyer isn’t incorrect for not bringing it up. I am mentioning it because you are wanting more information while you wait. GCMS notes may not give you more information than you already know but no harm in applying. Believe it is now taking 2-3 months to receive.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html
Oh thanks you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
When I Visit CBSA and asked status of my application after one hour they gave me slips with not of

PERMANENT RESIDENTS: ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS WITH IRCC

IRCC will NOT accept walk-ins.

Phone Number: 1-888-242-2100

IRCC will respond through mail or email with the date and time for your document pickup appointment

Send a letter request to:

IRCC Etobicoke 5343 Dundas Street West

Etobicoke, ON

M9B 6K5
As I already mentioned you can’t show up at CBSA offices and ask for information about your case. This is what the information they gave you says. As I mentioned you should email. The office gave you a few options to contact CBSA but email is likely the best option.

Reactions: Gill$&@

Sweetburfi

Aug 31, 2022
Ok, I really appreciate, I already send en email and waiting for response, let’s see one I will let you know, BTW, any ideas now a days how long it will take to get results? I apply Aug 2021

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ok, I really appreciate, I already send en email and waiting for response, let’s see one I will let you know, BTW, any ideas now a days how long it will take to get results? I apply Aug 2021
No idea although surprised you haven’t heard about PPRA already

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
It should be CBSA dealing with PPRA but they may be able to see that your application is still be processed.
The CBSA initiates PRRA by determining eligibility - IRCC makes the decision. Once the application is in, it's IRCC that is managing the application until a decision is made.

Sweetburfi

Aug 31, 2022
what do you think if I Apply GCMS, they answer will be same or I get more info? and should I request to CBSA or IRRC for GCMS? which one you suggest? Thx u