+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Please - What options do I have

SFKAS

Jul 27, 2014
I need your help

My WP is expiring right after I qualify for CEC - I was going to apply for LMO (now LMIA) but its been made very strict for employer which has made double minded

I was going to apply for CEC in Jan 2015 since I'll complete my 1 year experience then - also my PGWP is expiring in a couple weeks after that

But I think new system is starting in Jan 2015 - express entry which who knows what it will require

I do have a 2 month experience from a previous job that I am not too confident about. The employment letter is from the recruiter. Do you think its okay?

If I use this job I can apply in october depending on the cap of 8000 and sub cap of 200 since this previous position in skill b with second highest number of apps.

I can't apply for PNP since condition of applying within two years of getting the degree doesn't satisfy

What should I do guys..Help please

searing_heat

Jun 8, 2013
Re: CEC / LMO or now LMIA / PNP -

Seniors can provide better advice. However, I do want to mention that you should consider the fact that Express Entry process will start from Jan 2015. You may become one of the first ones to go through it. I don't think you will be able to apply for CEC directly anymore. It will be done after you have been selected through the process...just something to keep it mind before you make key decisions. Based on my information, CEC process as it stands today will end in DEC 2014.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp?utm_source=slash-express&utm_medium=short-url&utm_campaign=express-entry

canadacec123

Feb 10, 2014
Toronto - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 20, 2013
AOR Received.
February 11, 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application.
Med's Request
August 28, 2014
Med's Done....
September 05, 2014
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
November 04, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 19, 2014
LANDED..........
November 25, 2014

You said you graduated two years ago. where you been all this time? what did you do in this time? you could eligible in your previous experience. Share you profile. May be some body here can show you some pathway.

canadacec123

Feb 10, 2014
Toronto - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 20, 2013
AOR Received.
February 11, 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application.
Med's Request
August 28, 2014
Med's Done....
September 05, 2014
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
November 04, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 19, 2014
LANDED..........
November 25, 2014

Based on the information, LMO is the only way to extend your work permit that I can think of. May some body else can suggest you the some other way.

Best of luck with this.

SFKAS

Jul 27, 2014
Have I asked something inapropriate as I am hardly getting answers. Surprised as other threads with a cry for help get on average more answers. Just deperate situation you all.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
^ You're asking two questions - "when should I apply for CEC" and "how will I get a new work permit".

As you have pointed out, it is ideal for you to try to apply before Express Entry takes effect (though the details of Express Entry have not been fully announced, and I'm still not sure what the job offer requirement means for prospective CEC applicants who are in Canada and already working).

No one can tell you exactly when the overall application cap, or the sub-cap for your NOC B occupation, will be filled. You can estimate based upon current trends.

As for other avenues to permanent residence apart from CEC, you've already said you don't qualify for PNP, and I'm not sure what else (in economic or skilled classes) is available to you - perhaps federal skilled worker? This is why canadavisa123 asked for more info.

For the work permit - I guess you can apply for a bridging work permit when your existing permit is about to expire - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

SFKAS

Jul 27, 2014
Thanks for the response

I can't apply bowp unless I have aor which brings me to the 2 month job experience I have.

My main question is an emplyment reference letter from recruiter good enough?

My other question do employers usually go through the hassle required for lmo specially now with LMIA.

Last question - i won't have t4 and noc for
2014 job..what to do for that?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
SFKAS said:
My main question is an emplyment reference letter from recruiter good enough?

Not clear what you mean. Was the recruiter your employer? If the recruiter was not your employer, then no.

My other question do employers usually go through the hassle required for lmo specially now with LMIA.
Depends a lot on the occupation and if they want to hire/keep you.

Last question - i won't have t4 and noc for
2014 job..what to do for that?

You need your most recent T4/NOA... CIC understands very well that you won't have these documents for the current year. If your payslip shows year-to-date information, you can submit the most recent one, that will be sufficient.

SFKAS

Jul 27, 2014
Thanks for your response!

1. Yes the recruiter was my employer. Just not so confident about this position. But being forced to use it as next year express entry will start. But its skill B and its sub cap has second highest number of candidates. On the edge with this.

2. The occupation is skill A. Finance and accounting. Its a permanent role. There is really no reason for the recruiter to not keep it. Its a multinational. Just don't know if they will go through the hassle

3. Yeah, pay stubs should be good then I guess.

What should I do?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
SFKAS said:
1. Yes the recruiter was my employer. Just not so confident about this position. But being forced to use it as next year express entry will start. But its skill B and its sub cap has second highest number of candidates. On the edge with this.

It sounds like you don't have any alternatives, so you'd better get on it as soon as you can.

2. The occupation is skill A. Finance and accounting. Its a permanent role. There is really no reason for the recruiter to not keep it. Its a multinational. Just don't know if they will go through the hassle

Won't know until you ask...

What should I do?

The best you can, if you want to stay in Canada. Sorry, don't mean to be facetious, but it sounds like you already know what you need to do...

You can inquire about your employer applying for the LMO. If they say yes, you can wait on applying for CEC until you feel confident with your qualifying experience. If they say no, you have your plan B...

SFKAS

Jul 27, 2014
So I am finally going to ask my employer for LMIA

I am quite apprehensive about how to approach this situation

Should I send the HR an e-mail with all the related links for the process OR an e-mail just asking for an in person meeting and then discuss OR Should I give the HR a call and ask them for an in person meeting

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
SFKAS said:
So I am finally going to ask my employer for LMIA

I am quite apprehensive about how to approach this situation

Should I send the HR an e-mail with all the related links for the process OR an e-mail just asking for an in person meeting and then discuss OR Should I give the HR a call and ask them for an in person meeting
It all depends on the organizational policies at the company you work for. Ideally, talk to your people manager or manager and if they are willing, ask them to talk to your HR representative.

SFKAS

Jul 27, 2014
maniac2403 said:
It all depends on the organizational policies at the company you work for. Ideally, talk to your people manager or manager and if they are willing, ask them to talk to your HR representative.

TBH I don't want this to bring this to the attention of my manager. We are in F&A department. This is something that I think is taken care of by the HR. I am pretty sure HR has to be approached about this without talking about all of this to my own department.

The question is how to approach HR

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
SFKAS said:
TBH I don't want this to bring this to the attention of my manager. We are in F&A department. This is something that I think is taken care of by the HR. I am pretty sure HR has to be approached about this without talking about all of this to my own department.

The question is how to approach HR
In my opinion, you will have to talk to HR and figure it out.

SFKAS

Jul 27, 2014
maniac2403 said:
In my opinion, you will have to talk to HR and figure it out.

Yes for sure.

My question is how to approach the HR?

There are a lot of ways

1-Directly go to office
2- Send e-mail with requirement and process links and also ask for in person meeting
3- Call and ask for in person meeting and then explain face to face