+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*HELP* PGWP EXTENSION UPON PASSPORT RENEWAL (AS PER NOTE)

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Thank you so much, I really appreciate all your advice. After submitting paper-based documents, what is the process? Will CIC email us about application number or does it show online? How can I check whether/when they started my processing?
Would you please advise? Thanks so much again for your help.

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Thank you so much, I really appreciate all your advice. After submitting paper-based documents, what is the process? Will CIC email us about application number or does it show online? How can I check whether/when they started my processing?
Would you please advise? Thanks so much again for your help.
You're welcome. If you still didn't sent the application, please check that document for the picture to see the recommended size (I think the photo for temporary resident visa can be optionally a little smaller than resident permanent [in length x height], but the rest seems the same).

They gonna receive your application package and put in a queue, after some time they gonna check if you sent all necessary documents/forms. If it's not complete, or there's some error (e.g. didn't sign a form, etc..), they sent the package back (and usually a letter saying what's wrong).

If it's complete, they gonna create the application in their system, and an application number. They would email your this application number, and with that you would be able to go online in your CIC account and link the application to it. With that you would be able to check the application status as if you had created the application online.

You won't be able to check for the application until they create an application number. In this case, I would advise that you sent your application package with a tracking number and asking to have someone signing it on receive. That way you make sure the application was received in the correct place.

Last edited:

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Thanks so much for all your helpful advice. I hope everything goes well with this... a bit stressfull. Thanks again

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi all

Is there someone who applied by mail? I just called CIC and the agent told, the paper based ones are stack in the mail room without being processed in the current situation and I need to wait for unknown time. Is there someone who applied by paper and received approval? What I should do? I just feel any hope is unrealistic for this application and I am frustrated. Is it ok that I reapply online for PGWP extension or just wait?

Mouftaou

Jul 17, 2020
Hi all

Is there someone who applied by mail? I just called CIC and the agent told, the paper based ones are stack in the mail room without being processed in the current situation and I need to wait for unknown time. Is there someone who applied by paper and received approval? What I should do? I just feel any hope is unrealistic for this application and I am frustrated. Is it ok that I reapply online for PGWP extension or just wait?
Hello Parisuzy,
This is bad news! Why are paper-based applications stuck?
I am getting ready to submit my paper-based application for extension of PGWP. Did the agent say it's possible to apply for extension online?
I believe before you reapply online, you need to cancel the current application you submitted. But I don't know how. It would be better to call the agent and ask.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hello Parisuzy,
This is bad news! Why are paper-based applications stuck?
I am getting ready to submit my paper-based application for extension of PGWP. Did the agent say it's possible to apply for extension online?
I believe before you reapply online, you need to cancel the current application you submitted. But I don't know how. It would be better to call the agent and ask.
Hello!

It is very frustrating. Yes, I called CIC and they advised to submit by paper for extension of PGWP. I told them that my preference is online though as per their suggestion, I mailed and now I am stuck. What a hard situation this Covid created, I am very frustrated and tired of checking my account.

Mouftaou

Jul 17, 2020
Hello!

It is very frustrating. Yes, I called CIC and they advised to submit by paper for extension of PGWP. I told them that my preference is online though as per their suggestion, I mailed and now I am stuck. What a hard situation this Covid created, I am very frustrated and tired of checking my account.
Yes, this is too much stress to bear. I am about to apply for extension of my PGWP and I don't know whether I should do so online or on paper. I will call them to see if online application is allowed during this time of Covid-19.

Mouftaou

Jul 17, 2020
Hello!

I contacted the immigration and they said it must be done on paper.
Could you please help me confirm the forms you submitted? imm5710 (application form) and imm5583 (checklist form), is that correct? Thanks!

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
I contacted the immigration and they said it must be done on paper.
Could you please help me confirm the forms you submitted? imm5710 (application form) and imm5583 (checklist form), is that correct? Thanks!

Put all forms that you submitted for initial PGWP when you do by mail. I also included a photo and bank statement just in case. Also, include a cover letter that you are applying for extension due to passport expiry. Include your passpost bio page also. Also, include your receipt of payment for application fee. These are the ones I recall, but check the guideline as well because they may have updated some of their requirements. Then, submit and welcome to our waiting group :)

Last edited:

Mouftaou

Jul 17, 2020
Put all forms that you submitted for initial PGWP when you do by mail. I also included a photo and bank statement just in case. Also, include a cover letter that you are applying for extension due to passport expiry. Include your passpost bio page also. Also, include your receipt of payment for application fee. These are the ones I recall, but check the guideline as well because they may have updated some of their requirements. Then, submit and welcome to our waiting group :)
Hello,
Thanks for your time. I appreciate that.
Okay, I will join the waiting group on Monday :)))

Dave1111

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
I applied for pgwp extension due to passport expiry by paper on May 5th and was able to link it online on 29th May.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
I applied for pgwp extension due to passport expiry by paper on May 5th and was able to link it online on 29th May.
Thanks. I applied in June for the extension and no data is in the system. How did you link it? When I search on my profile, it just brings my previous PGWP application. Can you please advise? Thank you

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi all. I am concerened about processing of paper applications. I do not know if this was a good decision or maybe I could ask for online applications. How if they lose our documents? The web says 39 days for processing though it is almost two months that I am waiting. Is there someone in the same boat? Do you have any advice? I am getting anxious as the time passes...

Dave1111

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
Thanks. I applied in June for the extension and no data is in the system. How did you link it? When I search on my profile, it just brings my previous PGWP application. Can you please advise? Thank you
Hi I was able to link it using my passport, dob and uci. I was surprised too as I heard it takes almost 2 months to link it online.

PrabhMann

Aug 4, 2020
I got my PG work permit only for 1year because my passport expired date. Now i renew my passport. Also i write letter for extention reason. I fill form 5710 but i am confused about 2question i tick 2 option restore my status and wp with new employer Is it right or not?
Also i wanna know address where i send documents .
Please please help me