+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*HELP* PGWP EXTENSION UPON PASSPORT RENEWAL (AS PER NOTE)

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
Hi Guys,
My Indian passport was expiring in April 3, 2019. So I got my PGWP only till that date. I was supposed to get till Aug 2020. I renewed my passport and got it 2028.Then I applied to extend my work permit(paper application).
I sent the application form,
copy of my new passport
copy of work permit
proof of payment
and an explanation letter.
I applied on Sep 10. But I havent got any email or acknowledgement till now.
And my real problem is I digitally signed and dated the application and then printed my application and sent it to Alberta.
Someone told me they are gonna sent it back to me stating application incomplete.
Anyone has similar experience?
Even if they are going to send it back to me, how long will it take?
Please help me. Share your experience. I fear that I am gonna be in trouble.

Last edited:

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Hi Guys,
My Indian passport was expiring in April 3, 2018. So I got my PGWP only till that date. I was supposed to get till Aug 2019. I renewed my passport and got it 2028.Then I applied to extend my work permit(paper application).
copy of my new passport
copy of work permit
proof of payment
And my real problem is I digitally signed and dated the application and then printed my application and sent it to Alberta.
Someone told me they are gonna sent it back to me stating application incomplete.
Your PGWP expired on April 3 2018, but you didn't apply to extend until September?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Hi Guys,
My Indian passport was expiring in April 3, 2019. So I got my PGWP only till that date. I was supposed to get till Aug 2020. I renewed my passport and got it 2028.Then I applied to extend my work permit(paper application).
copy of my new passport
copy of work permit
proof of payment
Usually when you digitally sign a document, it gets submitted online. I assume it just looks like you have printed your name on the form when you sent it. They may send it back as it is not a proper signature for a paper form. Is it linked to an online account?

Reactions: myindia

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
Usually when you digitally sign a document, it gets submitted online. I assume it just looks like you have printed your name on the form when you sent it. They may send it back as it is not a proper signature for a paper form. Is it linked to an online account?
Yes I printed my name and dated digitally and then printed out the form.
I could not link to my online account yet. When I called cic they said that I can link only after few more weeks
Do you have any idea about how long will it take to get my application back?

Last edited:

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
i don't think anyone can say for your when you will get application back. Whether it's because it's incomplete, or to give you a final decision. That is up to the Officer that looks at your case. It's been a month so you should be able to link your case by now. Good luck

Reactions: myindia

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
i don't think anyone can say for your when you will get application back. Whether it's because it's incomplete, or to give you a final decision. That is up to the Officer that looks at your case. It's been a month so you should be able to link your case by now. Good luck
Thank you

menezes

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
I applied for PGWP extension via paper about 1 month ago but I have not been able to link the application to my CIC account. Does anyone know why? thanks

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
I applied for PGWP extension via paper about 1 month ago but I have not been able to link the application to my CIC account. Does anyone know why? thanks
I'm also not able to link my application. I applied on Sept 10.
Please let me know when you get an update on your application

Reactions: menezes

Arsh09

Nov 14, 2018
Hey can any body help. I m doing my paper application to extend my post grad work permit as it is valid till my passport exiry date. Now i got a new passport.
I filled my imm5710e form but unable print it. As it is print protected. Under security it says print not allowed.
Does anybody had same issue with the form?