+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Passport/Approval letter lost in the mail?

Empenguin

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
Toronto
On Aug 4, ECAS changed to Decision Made. We figured we'd get our passport back and the approval letter and COPR in the next few days, since we're in Toronto and it's the Tokyo office. It normally takes 5-6 days for delivery. However, we still haven't received anything. A friend whose ECAS changed to Decision Made a week later (Aug 11) got her approval from the same office yesterday. Theirs was sent out on the 7th and arrived on the 12th. I emailed Tokyo office a few days ago asking for the tracking # and haven't got a response.

What could've possibly happened? Did it get lost in the mail, or sent to the wrong address? To complicate matters, our medical's one year expiry is on August 14th (tomorrow). I can't imagine they'd send it out this late and not give us an extension. Is there anything I can possibly do?

Thanks for any help.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Hey there, you mean that your passport is lost or the Passport request letter? and for the medical, as far as I know, you can't land with an expired medical. Wait for few more days and see what will happen, good luck

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unless you get a confirmation from the visa office that your documents were mailed, you don't have to just guess ( or fear) your PP and CPR are lost in transit. Possibility is that Visa office might have misplaced it some where in their office and not yet mailed. Please try to approach the Embassy in any manner.

Empenguin

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
Toronto
rorita, I am worried that the passport was somehow lost in the mail when they sent it back to us, not the request letter. We sent them the passport back in May, and two weeks after ECAS said Decision Made, we still haven't gotten anything back. Our friend who got a Decision Made a week after us already got their passport and visa back last week. It should not take over two weeks for registered mail to get from Tokyo to Toronto.

Empenguin

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
Toronto
Thank you for your response, Wilson.

We've emailed the office twice, even asking if they could provide the tracking # for the package, and haven't gotten a response. Do you have any other suggestions on what we can do?