+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! My Sponsored Family Filed for Welfare...

CrisAb

Feb 14, 2013
scylla said:
Unless they are obtaining welfare fraudulently, there's unfortunately nothing you can do and nothing a lawyer can do to help. Since you signed the sponsorship agreement, you are legally obligated to repay any welfare they take.
I think you got my point here scylla. How can they receive a hefty $1,000 a month? If my dad has work and is earning $1,110 bi-weekly and is currently paying for his brand new 2016 car.

CrisAb

Feb 14, 2013
badpusacat said:
If this is the case, I guess, it's better for her not to help them at all and just pay all the welfare that they took.
I thought they did something fishy in order to collect free money, aside from claiming false statements against me and my husband they also did fraudulent claims to collect welfare money. My question is: How can they receive a hefty $1,000 welfare money a month, if my dad has work and is earning $1,110 bi-weekly and is currently paying for his brand new 2016 car (co-signed by my husband)?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
CrisAb said:
I thought they did something fishy in order to collect free money, aside from claiming false statements against me and my husband they also did fraudulent claims to collect welfare money. My question is: How can they receive a hefty $1,000 welfare money a month, if my dad has work and is earning $1,110 bi-weekly and is currently paying for his brand new 2016 car (co-signed by my husband)?
if you think they are getting welfare fraudulantly, then build a case around it and send it to the welfare agency. if it can be proven, then the welfare agency has a right to know, and they can/will stop payments immediately. google "welfare fraud" and your city/ province, and see what comes up. maybe there's a reporting system in your area...

and if your husband has co-signed for a car, see if there's anything he can do to get his name off the loan and/or get the car repossessed.

I'm sure it will take a lot of work and it may or may not lead to anything. there's nothing else to lose at this point, so it's worth a shot!

eggsterminate

Star Member
Aug 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
You are so mean. I hope some day your children will do the same thing you did to your brother, parents and sister.
Ever heard of the saying, if you have nothing nice or helpful to say, say nothing at all. You probably lived all your life in a bubble of a loving and generous family.
Surprise! Everyone else doesn't have the same experiences you did. Relatives can be manipulative, greedy, abusive and take advantage of you for no fault of your own. Grow up, learn to have empathy, instead of schoolyard insults befitting a kindergartener.

@OP: I am so sorry for what has happened to you. I have manipulative relatives and know what it is like. Hugs and hope it ends well for you! I would strongly suggest getting legal help, since the way it looks you could end up in a world of trouble.

Reactions: ZhabaHulk

CrisAb

Feb 14, 2013
CDNPR2014 said:
if you think they are getting welfare fraudulantly, then build a case around it and send it to the welfare agency. if it can be proven, then the welfare agency has a right to know, and they can/will stop payments immediately. google "welfare fraud" and your city/ province, and see what comes up. maybe there's a reporting system in your area...

and if your husband has co-signed for a car, see if there's anything he can do to get his name off the loan and/or get the car repossessed.

I'm sure it will take a lot of work and it may or may not lead to anything. there's nothing else to lose at this point, so it's worth a shot!
Thank you CDNPR2014 for the advice, appreciate it.

CrisAb

Feb 14, 2013
eggsterminate said:
Ever heard of the saying, if you have nothing nice or helpful to say, say nothing at all. You probably lived all your life in a bubble of a loving and generous family.
Surprise! Everyone else doesn't have the same experiences you did. Relatives can be manipulative, greedy, abusive and take advantage of you for no fault of your own. Grow up, learn to have empathy, instead of schoolyard insults befitting a kindergartener.

@OP: I am so sorry for what has happened to you. I have manipulative relatives and know what it is like. Hugs and hope it ends well for you! I would strongly suggest getting legal help, since the way it looks you could end up in a world of trouble.
Hello egssterminate, thank you for the sympathy. I was in shocked when I heard about what my extended family did to us. Yes, now I know that no matter what blood connections we have, if the person is greedy - they will manipulate anyone for the sake of money. It does not matter to them whoever is on the way. I just feel sorry for my husband and my kids I unintentionally dragged them to this problem of mine with my parents. Thank you again eggsterminate for the understanding, appreciate it.

Tri-Cities

Aug 10, 2015
I don't know nothing about sponsorship. Though, I would like to tell you that I hope that everything will be fine in the future! Wishing you all the best!!
Keep your head high and stay positive!!

CrisAb

Feb 14, 2013
Tri-Cities said:
I don't know nothing about sponsorship. Though, I would like to tell you that I hope that everything will be fine in the future! Wishing you all the best!!
Keep your head high and stay positive!!
Oh, thank you Tri-cities for sending good vibes, appreciate it.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CrisAb said:
Do you know for a fact that they are getting 1,000 per month? If they are, it is possible that your mother lied about something. You should talk to Ontario works and tell them that you know for a fact how much your father makes and that your husband has co-signed for his car to help him get to work and that you have often offered them money and that to your knowledge your mother has nothing wrong with her that she can't work.

adexy

Jan 14, 2016
eggsterminate said:

exactly my tot. Some relatives are just so terrible. Its not easy coming on social media painting ur mother black. The op must have been terribly devastated.

adexy

Jan 14, 2016
steaky said:
You are so mean. I hope some day your children will do the same thing you did to your brother, parents and sister.
i guess u are from wonderland where everything is all rosy. Pray ur family never turn against each other.

CrisAb

Feb 14, 2013
adexy said:
exactly my tot. Some relatives are just so terrible. Its not easy coming on social media painting ur mother black. The op must have been terribly devastated.
thanks for the understanding

Saga

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 September 2010
AOR Received.
26 September 2010
Med's Request
22 February 2011
Med's Done....
29 March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2011
LANDED..........
26 May 2011
Hi - I don't know much about sponsor ships, but maybe you can retract your sponsorship. After all you willingly proposed to sponsor them so maybe immigration services will accept that you stop your sponsorship and in this case will cancel your family's immigration papers, PR status and oblige them to leave the country. I think that is doable, they will have to proof that they can provide for themselves (which apparently they can't). It is a drastic measure that will lead in having them expelled out of Canada but not bad if they are actually doing anything fraudulant (you need to have a case)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Saga said:
Hi - I don't know much about sponsor ships, but maybe you can retract your sponsorship. After all you willingly proposed to sponsor them so maybe immigration services will accept that you stop your sponsorship and in this case will cancel your family's immigration papers, PR status and oblige them to leave the country. I think that is doable, they will have to proof that they can provide for themselves (which apparently they can't). It is a drastic measure that will lead in having them expelled out of Canada but not bad if they are actually doing anything fraudulant (you need to have a case)
OP cannot "retract the sponsorship" and IRCC cannot cancel the PR status of the family members. It doesn't work like that.