+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help I can’t get through the “Activities” page in the IRCC Porta

MYQFW

Jan 8, 2024
Since 2023 Nov, GCKey page says submission is no longer processed.

This was how I finally got through IRCC work/activity history section.
1. enter education as necessary.
2. First, just say unemployed for 10 years. (from 2024 Jan, ongoing) Try "Save and Proceed"
3. If it passes, then click "Back", you will come back, and previous entries should all still be there. Then modify that 10-year unemployment entry to your latest employment (say 2022 Jan to 2024 Jan), then add another unemployment (from 2014 Jan to 2022 Jan).
4. Then try "Save and Proceed".
5. If it works, just repeat 3 and 4 for each entry. In this pattern, you would be adding your exp from the latest/closest to the earliest.
6. There should be no gap, I had to add "unemployment" for my undergraduate time. But job time and education time can overlap, no problem for me.
7. I do not know what happens if two jobs overlap.
8. If you have to omit some experiences/entries to pass this section, include them in the final "additional notes", "optional documents" at the later "Document submission" stage, just before payment.
Hope this would work for someone.

Diana Abalo

Mar 9, 2024
Give details of all your employment and activities since the age of 18. - You're missing details since the age of 18. Review your entries and make sure you included something for all times periods since the age of 18. Do not include any entries that you already put for post-secondary education or military/police force (if that was your only occupation at that time).
  • If you were unemployed, incarcerated, or retired since the age of 18, select that option from the menu and tell us for how long.
  • If you were a student at a secondary school, select unemployed.
You can't save or continue to the next questions until you include these details.

I need help Please mine has totally refused

shadfan

Dec 4, 2023
Hi, I tried many times, entered the dates with no gap in between study to employment, start with the oldest to the latest
Still doesn't work and cannot save

shadfan

Dec 4, 2023
For the update, I started the employment from graduation ( didn't work)
Started different employment with the inclusion of studying as unemployed in the time for study, now saved
Thank you

kiowaraine

Apr 18, 2024
Since 2023 Nov, GCKey page says submission is no longer processed.

This was how I finally got through IRCC work/activity history section.
1. enter education as necessary.
2. First, just say unemployed for 10 years. (from 2024 Jan, ongoing) Try "Save and Proceed"
3. If it passes, then click "Back", you will come back, and previous entries should all still be there. Then modify that 10-year unemployment entry to your latest employment (say 2022 Jan to 2024 Jan), then add another unemployment (from 2014 Jan to 2022 Jan).
4. Then try "Save and Proceed".
5. If it works, just repeat 3 and 4 for each entry. In this pattern, you would be adding your exp from the latest/closest to the earliest.
6. There should be no gap, I had to add "unemployment" for my undergraduate time. But job time and education time can overlap, no problem for me.
7. I do not know what happens if two jobs overlap.
8. If you have to omit some experiences/entries to pass this section, include them in the final "additional notes", "optional documents" at the later "Document submission" stage, just before payment.
Hope this would work for someone.

Thank you so much for your post! This is the only one that worked for me. Much appreciated for sharing.