+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP EE Got Refused , Failed to you provide the proof of foreign credential.

Sharonlovescake

Jun 20, 2014
HI Guys,

I'm desperate right now, Please help

EE got refused today, not sure why. I have foreign education 3 years + 2 Post-graduate certificate in Canada.
I've uploaded my ECA report + Post-Graduate Certificates when I'm applying the PR.
The refusal Letter claims that I've failed to provide the foreign credential, no sure what's that?
Please let me know what's you thought

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.
In addition, according to section 11.2 of the IRPA:

An officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent residence to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make such an application if – at the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their application – the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or does not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) and were consequently issued the invitation.
Section 11.2 of IRPA requires that information provided in your Express Entry Profile concerning your eligibility to be invited to apply (10.3(1)(e)) as well as the qualifications on the basis of which you were ranked (10.3(1)(h)) be valid both at the time the invitation was issued and at the time the application for permanent residence is received.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada invited

Citizenship and Immigration Canada invited you to apply for permanent resident status based on the qualification you claimed in your Express Entry profile. Those qualification claims and the accompanying Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points awarded were summarized in your invitation letter dated September 19, 2015.
In your Express Entry profile, you were awarded points for your level of education, which included a degree from a foreign educational institution. You were required to submit a proof of the completed foreign educational credential AND the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report. The ECA was submitted with your application; however, you failed to provide the proof of your completed foreign credential.
This resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in your draw, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System.

li195724763

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
China
Category........
Visa Office......
CANADA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-Oct-2015
AOR Received.
08-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
20-Nov-2015
Passport Req..
18-Mar-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-Apr-2016
Sharonlovescake said:
HI Guys,

I'm desperate right now, Please help

EE got refused today, not sure why. I have foreign education 3 years + 2 Post-graduate certificate in Canada.
I've uploaded my ECA report + Post-Graduate Certificates when I'm applying the PR.
The refusal Letter claims that I've failed to provide the foreign credential, no sure what's that?
Please let me know what's you thought

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.
In addition, according to section 11.2 of the IRPA:

An officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent residence to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make such an application if – at the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their application – the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or does not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) and were consequently issued the invitation.
Section 11.2 of IRPA requires that information provided in your Express Entry Profile concerning your eligibility to be invited to apply (10.3(1)(e)) as well as the qualifications on the basis of which you were ranked (10.3(1)(h)) be valid both at the time the invitation was issued and at the time the application for permanent residence is received.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada invited

Citizenship and Immigration Canada invited you to apply for permanent resident status based on the qualification you claimed in your Express Entry profile. Those qualification claims and the accompanying Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points awarded were summarized in your invitation letter dated September 19, 2015.
In your Express Entry profile, you were awarded points for your level of education, which included a degree from a foreign educational institution. You were required to submit a proof of the completed foreign educational credential AND the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report. The ECA was submitted with your application; however, you failed to provide the proof of your completed foreign credential.
This resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in your draw, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System.

Sorry to hear this.

Did you submitted the photocopy of original transcripts, certificate and ECA report ?

May I ask what kind of education you have taken here in Canada? College or Master Program?

By the way can you share you timeline and category of your application?

Sharonlovescake

Jun 20, 2014
anarsoul said:
You had to upload your foreign diploma, not ECA report.
Thank you for getting back to me.
So in addition to my ECA report, I have to submit my notarized version of foreign transcript and diploma as well?

Thank you

Sharonlovescake

Jun 20, 2014
li195724763 said:
Sorry to hear this.

Did you submitted the photocopy of original transcripts, certificate and ECA report ?

May I ask what kind of education you have taken here in Canada? College or Master Program?

By the way can you share you timeline and category of your application?
Thank you, Look like I have to start EE profile all over again
1. I just submitted ECA report, I thought ECA report would be more than enough ? Looks like a big mistake
2. I attended Post-Graduate certificate X 2 in Canada, PGWP for three years
3. Timelie
ITA: Sept 18
AOR: Oct-23
Refusal: March 8

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sharonlovescake said:
1. I just submitted ECA report, I thought ECA report would be more than enough ? Looks like a big mistake
3. Timelie
Why did you get a ECA done when you have Masters in Canada?

canadaindia44

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-10-2015
IELTS Request
20-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
Sharonlovescake said:
3. Timelie
Sorry to hear about the refusal.
Yes you need to upload the foreign degree and ECA both. you don't need notarized copy if the degree is already in English.

Also Can you please share if you got a ghost email before the refusal letter ?

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
Very sorry to hear your rejection. It seems you also need to upload the photocopy of the foreign credential (maybe even with the transcript) and the certified English French translations for all non-English/French documents, in addition to ECA report.

yellowknifer

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
This is very unfortunate. Why some people just do not upload their degree+mark sheet/credentails+ECA .. Like there is no harm in uploading them.
Dear Sharonlovescake, you cannot do anything at this time but just create another application and wait for your second ITA. Make sure you upload every thing and best would be if you list your documents on this forum before submitting so that some seniors members can assist you.

li195724763

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
China
Category........
Visa Office......
CANADA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-Oct-2015
AOR Received.
08-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
20-Nov-2015
Passport Req..
18-Mar-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-Apr-2016
I think for him the scenario maybe diploma+degree. Failed to provide sufficient documents for college diploma or bachelor certificate will not affect the overall score for a Master applicant. In the refusal letter it mentioned a score deduction made the overall score lower than the lowest application in that draw.

INR2CAD07

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
li195724763 said:
I think for him the scenario maybe diploma+degree. Failed to provide sufficient documents for college diploma or bachelor certificate will not affect the overall score for a Master applicant. In the refusal letter it mentioned a score deduction made the overall score lower than the lowest application in that draw.
I do agree , if the points are claimed for master degree , then all documents related to master degree is sufficient... it is highest level of education... why he provided for degree ECA , i am not understanding ?

KelChiAvan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
August 22, 2015
Passport Req..
January 15, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Februray 03, 2016
LANDED..........
Sometime in March
Sharonlovescake said:
3. Timelie
sorry about your refusal, its sad that u had to wait this long
why did u need ECA report though?
is the post grad a masters degree or diploma?
what I did was to upload my foreign bachelors degree certificate alongside a transcript
On your next app, upload your certificate with a transcript as well and the Eca u have.
Goodluck

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
INR2CAD07 said:
I do agree , if the points are claimed for master degree , then all documents related to master degree is sufficient... it is highest level of education... why he provided for degree ECA , i am not understanding ?
OP did not have a Masters degree. They had a PG certificate in addition to a foreign Bachelors. That qualifies under '2 or more...' option which requires one to have ECA for the foreign credential. OP did have the ECA report but IRCC wants you to upload degree copy (and certified translation, if required) as part of the post ITA document uploads. OP missed doing that and was refused. This wouldn't have happened if the OP had a Canadian Masters or PhD.

INR2CAD07

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
OP did not have a Masters degree. They had a PG certificate in addition to a foreign Bachelors. That qualifies under '2 or more...' option which requires one to have ECA for the foreign credential. OP did have the ECA report but IRCC wants you to upload degree copy (and certified translation, if required) as part of the post ITA document uploads. OP missed doing that and was refused. This wouldn't have happened if the OP had a Canadian Masters or PhD.

Make sense !

Thanks