+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hello Guys, I've recieved an invitation to apply from an candian employer from job bank does anybody

Sep 19, 2018
I have sent my updated CV along with my cover letter and waiting for the response. Email invitation came to me from an employer is on 16th March and I have replied to it on 18 March can anyone share their views on this please

hc_mum

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
I have sent my updated CV along with my cover letter and waiting for the response. Email invitation came to me from an employer is on 16th March and I have replied to it on 18 March can anyone share their views on this please
Please share few more details.
1.How you came to know about opportunity.
2.Did you approach first from your side
3.Check the email I'd ( letter by letter, symbol by symbol with the bank official website)
4.Check online for similar mail from similar mail I'd in the past. If anyway had facedbthe same then you will come to know.
5. Don't share any specific detail like passport no. Or any confidential detail. Also don't fulfill any upfront demand of money ( even if they ask it for visa and processing related task also.) As for any Canada visa related formalities an employer needs to pay all expenses and not ask from prospect employee. Be careful of any scam. . .

Reactions: Cristianoarmando
Sep 19, 2018
1. How do you came to know--->for this i have created job bank account and i used to apply jobs on daily basis after long time i got a direct invitation i dont know anything about this job
2.Did you approach from your side--> no, i dont even know this company
3. Email --> its a normal gmail id they gave on official job bank in job posting
4.Check similar email id --will do
5.denitely will not share anything as such

But my question will that be a that much suspicious ? No positive views? No way employers invite candidates?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Probably fake. Post the offer letter.

Sep 19, 2018
Hello Mate,

Thanks for your reply. Thing is that i havent got any offer letter i just got an invitation frim an employer on job match from job bank account.no interview happened no offer letter released. I want to know what is the next procedure and did somebody came across in this situation? Will this be good sign or not helpful?

Reactions: Amit Bagchi

hc_mum

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
1. How do you came to know--->for this i have created job bank account and i used to apply jobs on daily basis after long time i got a direct invitation i dont know anything about this job
2.Did you approach from your side--> no, i dont even know this company
3. Email --> its a normal gmail id they gave on official job bank in job posting
4.Check similar email id --will do
5.denitely will not share anything as such

But my question will that be a that much suspicious ? No positive views? No way employers invite candidates?
Hi,

Its not that no-one get invitation from employer, there are few lucky ones but getting a mail from gmail id is not very genuine. Also even if those who get from employer side, mostly employer after knowing that the person is not in canada they usually dont entertain much.

In your case just wait for the reply and assess the situation based on what they ask you to do and what is their expectation (any money related or sharing any confidential info, beware), also request them to communicate via official id.

Sep 19, 2018
Exaxtly bro even am wondering that using gmail id. but i had a hope that email triggered from job bank account not from that email id.if i have to reply then i have to send my application to a rectuiter right? That recruiter mail id is gmail which is bit strange. But he/she never initiated any conversation before that invitation and i never seen email in any format.

Yes ovivously, will have to wait and ask for official communications further if they want ro start any process and am not ready to pay anything as i have lot of other important things to do with my money hehehe let them reply so will keep posted on this thread the outcome

hc_mum

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Exaxtly bro even am wondering that using gmail id. but i had a hope that email triggered from job bank account not from that email id.if i have to reply then i have to send my application to a rectuiter right? That recruiter mail id is gmail which is bit strange. But he/she never initiated any conversation before that invitation and i never seen email in any format.

Yes ovivously, will have to wait and ask for official communications further if they want ro start any process and am not ready to pay anything as i have lot of other important things to do with my money hehehe let them reply so will keep posted on this thread the outcome
Sure, :)

Good Luck

hbrsid86

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-05-2019
Passport Req..
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
11-09-2021

Any updates? I received an email like yours and while it is from Job Bank's website it just seems a bit too good to be true.

Sep 19, 2018
Hello,

I have sent my resume and sent a follow up email after 2 weeks of my 1st email.
But no response yet and i left the hopes now

In your case did you sent your resume and waiting for reply or didn't sent cv?

hbrsid86

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-05-2019
Passport Req..
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
11-09-2021
Hello,

I have sent my resume and sent a follow up email after 2 weeks of my 1st email.
But no response yet and i left the hopes now

In your case did you sent your resume and waiting for reply or didn't sent cv?
Sorry to hear that. I didn't send anything yet, I'm not even in Canada so I'm not sure how it would work anyway. Plus, today I received another one so that's why I wanted to look around to see if these are legit or scams.

Sep 19, 2018
even am not in canada. You got another one? Can you share the email id that you from because mine is gmail id but that invitation it is showing in jobbank account.

May be same person sending invitations? Just curious can you post the same

hbrsid86

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-05-2019
Passport Req..
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
11-09-2021
even am not in canada. You got another one? Can you share the email id that you from because mine is gmail id but that invitation it is showing in jobbank account.

May be same person sending invitations? Just curious can you post the same
Oh, you received yours from a gmail address? Both of mine were from their actual address I think which is: no-reply-jobbank@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca

It has the same info that "An employer has looked at a summary of your job seeker profile and would like you to apply to the job posting." and a link to the Job Bank posting page which does seem to open it on their website.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Oh, you received yours from a gmail address? Both of mine were from their actual address I think which is: no-reply-jobbank@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca

It has the same info that "An employer has looked at a summary of your job seeker profile and would like you to apply to the job posting." and a link to the Job Bank posting page which does seem to open it on their website.
Do NOT blindly trust an email "from" address. They are absolutely trivial to fake.

hbrsid86

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-05-2019
Passport Req..
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
11-09-2021
Do NOT blindly trust an email "from" address. They are absolutely trivial to fake.
Really? Even the address I mentioned and it did open up the Job Bank page and even when I have tried to open up the Job Bank page separately I could see the two jobs mentioned as Seen in my account. I'm still skeptical though of course, so I didn't respond back to either of them.

Reactions: Gladys chepkwony