+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hello Guys, I've recieved an invitation to apply from an candian employer from job bank does anybody

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Really? Even the address I mentioned and it did open up the Job Bank page and even when I have tried to open up the Job Bank page separately I could see the two jobs mentioned as Seen in my account. I'm still skeptical though of course, so I didn't respond back to either of them.
What I am saying is that one should look at the totality of the information available and don't just assume that an email is genuine based solely on the sender address.

hbrsid86

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-05-2019
Passport Req..
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
11-09-2021
What I am saying is that one should look at the totality of the information available and don't just assume that an email is genuine based solely on the sender address.
Ah, of course and that makes sense. Do you have any suggestions on how I can maybe edit and mention in my profile that my immigration process could still take a year? Because I don't know if there's anything I can do with these for now.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
If you are certain that the link opens a genuine job portal for a real company, there's no harm in applying. A CV and cover letter aren't usually too sensitive (though I would remove a date of birth and current address if you have that. You can put your city and country, but don't give the full address).

Never send anything like a copy of a passport, or (of course) any money.

Reactions: hbrsid86

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
I agree with 21Goose..Date of birth, photo, address, hobbies, marital status and the like are NEVER put on a Canadian resume.

Dr.sony

Aug 11, 2017
Bangladesh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-10-2018
AOR Received.
01-11-2018
Passport Req..
08-04-2019
Hello all,
Can both the main applicant and the dependent create a job bank account with the same EE profile no and job validation code?

AtImechE

Star Member
May 3, 2017
I don't know what everyone else is saying. These job application invitations are genuine BUT that doesn't mean an employer has specifically sent you those invitation. Your job bank profile is automatically selected on the basis of job match. An employer might send invitations to hundreds of matching profile. On job bank most of the employers are small and medium businesses who don't necessarily have their own domains so they use gmail email accounts. It's totally fine, I suggest you apply for the job and get in touch with employer by phone or if possible visit them. You need to stand out to get the job, keep in mind you are not the only one who got the invitation.
I have received at least 20 such invitations and have applied for quite a few. As I am still outside Canada(landing next month) I phoned the employer and spoke to a manager who asked me how soon I can join and told me clearly that they want to fill the position straight away. And get in touch with them after landing for future opportunities.
Hope this helps.
Best of luck

Brajesh kumar

Jun 14, 2019
I don't know what everyone else is saying. These job application invitations are genuine BUT that doesn't mean an employer has specifically sent you those invitation. Your job bank profile is automatically selected on the basis of job match. An employer might send invitations to hundreds of matching profile. On job bank most of the employers are small and medium businesses who don't necessarily have their own domains so they use gmail email accounts. It's totally fine, I suggest you apply for the job and get in touch with employer by phone or if possible visit them. You need to stand out to get the job, keep in mind you are not the only one who got the invitation.
I have received at least 20 such invitations and have applied for quite a few. As I am still outside Canada(landing next month) I phoned the employer and spoke to a manager who asked me how soon I can join and told me clearly that they want to fill the position straight away. And get in touch with them after landing for future opportunities.
Hope this helps.
Best of luck
Hello..
It's great that you are landing next month in canada. Under which program you have applied..? I created my ee few days back...my crs is 381...i got an invite from an canadian employer for job...is this job offer can improve my score..?what should u I do next.?..please guide

Reactions: Peace242019

Peace242019

Apr 5, 2019
V
Hello..
It's great that you are landing next month in canada. Under which program you have applied..? I created my ee few days back...my crs is 381...i got an invite from an canadian employer for job...is this job offer can improve my score..?what should u I do next.?..please guide
Wow I created mine few days ago too. My crs is less than 400. I also got an invite from an employer. Please let me know when u r invited.

gktshiva

May 12, 2019
Hello..
I'm not sure whether the invitation to apple for a job will help in increasing your CRS. You need to secure the job by responding to the invitation to apply for the vacant position.

sheikh94

May 7, 2019
I received something similar and from what I understand it's the Job Bank's algorithm that matches your profile with jobs available in the market. Normally, if you open the job link, you will see they are hiring "immediately" or something along those lines. This reflects that you got to have a PR at minimum to be eligible because otherwise a Canadian company needs a LMIA before they can hire a foreign worker. This is purely my understanding of the Canadian job market. Maybe someone here can guide us better.

hiraejazahmed

Jan 20, 2020
i also got this email from:
Dear Hira Ahmed,

An employer has looked at a summary of your job seeker profile and would like you to apply to the job posting.

LINDBERG HOMBURGER MODENT DENTAL STUDIOS LTD

invites you to view their job posting and apply for the following position

CFO (chief Financial Officer) - Financial, Communications And Other Business Services
(job posting 1498390)

in

Toronto, ON

View Job Posting

-----------
The thing is that is not even my field. FINANCE. I am an IT Project Manager.

Reactions: sheikh94

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Dear Hira Ahmed,

An employer has looked at a summary of your job seeker profile and would like you to apply to the job posting.

CFO (chief Financial Officer) - Financial, Communications And Other Business Services
(job posting 1498390)

in

Toronto, ON

View Job Posting

-----------
fake

sheikh94

May 7, 2019
Dear Hira Ahmed,

(job posting 1498390)

in

Toronto, ON

View Job Posting

-----------

Dear Hira Ahmed,

(job posting 1498390)

in

Toronto, ON

View Job Posting

-----------
I checked with a few people in Canada. It's the algorithm that works this way. You can always check the Canadian registry to check if the company is legit. :)

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I checked with a few people in Canada. It's the algorithm that works this way. You can always check the Canadian registry to check if the company is legit. :)
The company looks possibly legit but what sort of algorithm picks an IT person for a CFO position other than maybe fact the job posting maybe looked for Microsoft experience as the common theme

sheikh94

May 7, 2019
The company looks possibly legit but what sort of algorithm picks an IT person for a CFO position other than maybe fact the job posting maybe looked for Microsoft experience as the common theme
Grey area really. I mean, as an employer, why would you send an invitation to apply to somebody who hasn't even landed in the country? Given the hassle of LMIA. Again, need someone with more knowledge to shed light upon this issue.