Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-05-2020
Nomination.....
24-02-2020
Med's Done....
02-12-2019
hello everyone! Just wondering if anyone has recently moved on a work permit and what you did for health insurance? My company said they will pay for BC Medical service plan after working there for a month. However can I apply for this now prior to arriving? or do I apply for this when I get there? also do I need to arrange this before getting there or can I arrange this prior to going? or is it best just to pay for travel insurance to cover me for a bit? thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello everyone! Just wondering if anyone has recently moved on a work permit and what you did for health insurance? My company said they will pay for BC Medical service plan after working there for a month. However can I apply for this now prior to arriving? or do I apply for this when I get there? also do I need to arrange this before getting there or can I arrange this prior to going? or is it best just to pay for travel insurance to cover me for a bit? thanks
You need to clarify I think your employer will be offering you extended benefit plan after a month and not MSP. MSP is offerrd by thr province.

canadian-gentleman

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
MSP in BC is funded by taxes and free for all residents (including temporary workers) except international students. As canuck78 said above, your company is probably offering extended benefits that usually cover medicines, glasses, or dental care that are not covered by MSP.

Sign up for MSP as soon as you arrive in BC. You'll have to wait three months before coverage becomes active so you should probably buy private health insurance for those months.

Details are available here:
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/health-drug-coverage/msp