Med's Request
accepted medical used for a wp before cec app
Passport Req..
27-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-13 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
16-12-13
I went to bay n college few months ago n both ladies at info booth didn't even know what implied status was. I was first in the french queue n the lady couldn't even pronounce it so she directed me to the one on her left hand side... She just shrugged her shoulders n asked if I had a work permit n letter of employment. When I said no, she said no as well. I was well shocked that she didn't know what implied status was cause I thought they encounter ppl with it every day

zara1986

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Hi,

I have implied status. I did an ultrasound and got a bill for $500. I had no idea that health card is not valid when you have implied status. I live in Alberta. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

may4ank

Nov 23, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
18-11-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
zara1986 said:
Hi,

I have implied status. I did an ultrasound and got a bill for $500. I had no idea that health card is not valid when you have implied status. I live in Alberta. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks
Once you get your bridge work permit and then renew your OHIP. Later you can reimburse this amount.

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Once we get the BOWP, do we need to wait another 3 months for health card?

or we can bring the BOWP and go to service ontario directly once received? (with other documents)

Ella A

Sep 12, 2019
Once we get the BOWP, do we need to wait another 3 months for health card?

or we can bring the BOWP and go to service ontario directly once received? (with other documents)
I really want to know the answer to this.

sethtammy

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Just got back from ServiceOntario at 777 Bay Street, Toronto this morning and I got rejected to renew my OHIP that will be expired at the same time as my current WP. A staff told me that they don't accept AoR issued by IRCC as my immigration document supporting my OHIP renewal. They asked me to wait until I get PR card to renew my OHIP and if there is a gap between my OHIP expiration and no PR card, I can use my own money for healthcare expenses and get reimbursement later. I think that the health insurance system of the provinces hasn't been updated for the people who are applying PR under EE, and now for those who are waiting for their PR application approved while on implied status and still working and paying taxes for the federal and the province where they are living and working are ignored by the lack of consistency from the federal and provinces.

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
I really want to know the answer to this.
I renew my health card today.

Just bring my latest BOWP (1 yr expiration), old health card, Passport, Driver license and employment letter to prove you will work longer than 6 months. In and out with 15 mins

sethtammy

Star Member
May 16, 2019
I renew my health card today.

Just bring my latest BOWP (1 yr expiration), old health card, Passport, Driver license and employment letter to prove you will work longer than 6 months. In and out with 15 mins
That's because you got your BOWP already. Those who are on implied status and waiting for your BOWP granted and PR application approved, they get rejected to renew their OHIP.

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
That's because you got your BOWP already. Those who are on implied status and waiting for your BOWP granted and PR application approved, they get rejected to renew their OHIP.
Yes, i was without OIHP for 2 months during Implied status too and lucky I didn't need that