+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Health card on implied status

abgh

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
mansari said:
Which office did u go to? I went to the one on sheppard and they didnt accept it. Can you tell me what information did you provide the agent there?
Thanks

mansari

Star Member
Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2013
Doc's Request.
PCC sent with application
AOR Received.
08-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
12-08-2013
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
abgh said:
Which office did u go to? I went to the one on sheppard and they didnt accept it. Can you tell me what information did you provide the agent there?
Thanks

it doesnot matter where you go. its clearly written in list 2 of the form that AOR is accepted...
i printed that form online...
from all lists you one document....
you need your employers letter....
a utility bill received in mail on your name...
your original passport or any other valid ontario photo id card....

waitstartedaug13

Aug 24, 2013
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
Thanks mansari for the information !

- How long did they give your health card validity ?
- As AOR does not say any specific time limit in it, what is the validity of your health card ?
- Is your new health card effective immediately or do you have to wait for 3 months ?
- Is it a new health card or renewal of exisiting card ?

Could you please clarify for the benefit of others who are in same situation ? Thanks.

xihy06

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Aug-2013
Doc's Request.
10-Mar-2014
AOR Received.
09-Oct-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with app
Med's Done....
Upfront 01-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
27-May-2014; VO change Req.:28-May; Confirmation Rec.: 12-June
hello mansari, thanks for your exciting news.
have you applied for bowp? or you have a valid wp?

abgh

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
mansari said:
it doesnot matter where you go. its clearly written in list 2 of the form that AOR is accepted...
i printed that form online...
from all lists you one document....
you need your employers letter....
a utility bill received in mail on your name...
your original passport or any other valid ontario photo id card....
Can you provide a link of where it says this? Thanks

chipmunk01

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Request
10-10-2013
abgh said:
Can you provide a link of where it says this? Thanks

Ministry Programs
Ontario Health Insurance Plan
Questions and Answers

Am I eligible for Ontario Health Insurance?
You may be eligible for the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) if you are included under one of the following categories:

you are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, landed immigrant or are registered as an Indian under the Indian Act;
you have submitted an application for permanent residence in Canada, and Citizenship and Immigration Canada has confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada;
you have applied for a grant of citizenship under section 5.1 of the Citizenship Act (Canada), and Citizenship and Immigration Canada has confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for citizenship (i.e. children adopted internationally by Canadian citizens);
you are a “protected person” - i.e. a Convention Refugee or a person in need of protection as referred to in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
you are a foreign worker who holds a work permit valid for at least 6-months which permits you to work in Canada, and you are working under a formal agreement in place to work full-time for an employer situated in Ontario which sets out the employer’s name, your occupation, and states that you will be working for no less than six consecutive months;
you are a foreign clergy member who will be providing services to a religious congregation in Ontario for at least six months;
you hold a Temporary Resident Permit with case type 80 (for adoption only), 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 or 95;
you are the spouse, same sex partner, or dependent child (under 22 years old or 22 years and over if dependent due to a mental or physical disability) of an OHIP-eligible foreign clergy member or OHIP-eligible foreign worker;
you hold a valid work permit under the federal Live-in Caregiver Program;
you hold a valid work permit under the federal Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program;
AND, generally speaking

you make your primary place of residence in Ontario;
you are in Ontario for at least 153 days of the first 183 days immediately following the date you establish residence in Ontario (you cannot be absent for more than 30 days during the first 6 months of residence);
you are in Ontario for at least 153 days in any 12-month period.
Tourists, transients or visitors are not eligible for OHIP coverage.

Your ongoing eligibility for Ontario health insurance coverage is based solely on you having an OHIP-eligible citizenship or immigration statuses, and on you:

making your primary place of residence in Ontario, and
meeting the requirement of being physically present in Ontario for at least 153 days in any 12-month period.
The above is only a summary of the OHIP eligibility provisions of Regulation 552 for your reference. You should consult the actual regulation for the specific requirements applicable to you. The provisions in Regulation 552 prevail over this summary.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
chipmunk01 said:
You may be eligible for the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) if you are included under one of the following categories:
you have submitted an application for permanent residence in Canada, and Citizenship and Immigration Canada has confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada;
The AOR says nothing about eligibility, though. It simply says that the application appears to be complete and has been sent to a visa office. So we may have to convince a ServiceOntario clerk that this amounts to a confirmation of eligibility.

mansari

Star Member
Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
12-08-2013
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
xihy06 said:
hello mansari, thanks for your exciting news.
have you applied for bowp? or you have a valid wp?
I've applied for bowp nd currently on implied status....

mansari

Star Member
Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
12-08-2013
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
waitstartedaug13 said:
Thanks mansari for the information !

- How long did they give your health card validity ?
- As AOR does not say any specific time limit in it, what is the validity of your health card ?
- Is your new health card effective immediately or do you have to wait for 3 months ?
- Is it a new health card or renewal of exisiting card ?

Could you please clarify for the benefit of others who are in same situation ? Thanks.
its valid fr 1 yr.
all AOR's its the same case... 1 yr validity...
its effective from the expiry date... no gaps in the dates
it was a renewal...

mansari

Star Member
Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
12-08-2013
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
LPS said:
The AOR says nothing about eligibility, though. It simply says that the application appears to be complete and has been sent to a visa office. So we may have to convince a ServiceOntario clerk that this amounts to a confirmation of eligibility.
thats enuf to prove the eligibility.././

mansari

Star Member
Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
12-08-2013
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
LPS said:
[/quote

we need to satisfy the officer that we have been staying in canada for continuous 6mnths or more...
and a utility bill received in mail showing your name and address..

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
Hm. Might go down tomorrow then and try for my new OHIP card. Don't really want to wait for BOWP...

abgh

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
mansari said:
LPS said:
[/quote

we need to satisfy the officer that we have been staying in canada for continuous 6mnths or more...
and a utility bill received in mail showing your name and address..
Hi,
Can you please tell me the exact office you went to? I will go there too

steveholt

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
abgh said:
Hi,
Can you please tell me the exact office you went to? I will go there too
Just a more general tip on this, when you are looking to apply for or renew your OHIP and your eligibility is based on a work permit it is worth calling ahead to confirm that the ServiceOntario site you intend to go to will process such applications (as opposed to those of people with PR or citizenship).

Some sites - at least in the GTA - that come up as processing health card applications/renewals when you look on the website will not actually process it when you show up with your work permit, instead directing you to go to a larger centre like the one at Sheppard. Found this out the hard way when I went to the midtown location on Saturday, which was particularly painful as the one at Sheppard isn't open weekends.

deepocan

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steveholt said:
Just a more general tip on this, when you are looking to apply for or renew your OHIP and your eligibility is based on a work permit it is worth calling ahead to confirm that the ServiceOntario site you intend to go to will process such applications (as opposed to those of people with PR or citizenship).

Some sites - at least in the GTA - that come up as processing health card applications/renewals when you look on the website will not actually process it when you show up with your work permit, instead directing you to go to a larger centre like the one at Sheppard. Found this out the hard way when I went to the midtown location on Saturday, which was particularly painful as the one at Sheppard isn't open weekends.
Just to add bit more here, ServiceOntario only has access to renew OHIP for PR or Citizen. They don't have access to full system to issue new OHIP card or renew card for WP holder or etc... If I am not mistaken, you will have to go to actual OHIP office they will determine your eligibility by checking all required docs.
These locations only can process OHIP card (new or renewal) for WP holder or etc.

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/ohip/claimsoffice/