+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Health card on implied status

abgh

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
I have already been to the office at Sheppard and they didnt accept te AOR which is why I am asking this question.

steveholt

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
abgh said:
I have already been to the office at Sheppard and they didnt accept te AOR which is why I am asking this question.
Not surprised regardless of what the criteria is on paper. The first time I got OHIP I had to go back there 4 times because each time they decided they didn't like a different aspect of the work reference letter (even though there is no listed criteria for this letter on the document list other than that you need one).

ukie

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
I went to service ontario in richmond hill today with AOR and the email that requesting photocopy of the passport.

they asked my "LANDING PAPER"

AOR is not for eligibility.

this is what they said.
they faxed it to somwhere and the answer was NO.

mansari

Star Member
Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2013
Doc's Request.
PCC sent with application
AOR Received.
08-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
12-08-2013
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
ukie said:
I went to service ontario in richmond hill today with AOR and the email that requesting photocopy of the passport.

they asked my "LANDING PAPER"

AOR is not for eligibility.

this is what they said.
they faxed it to somwhere and the answer was NO.

show em the requirements in list 2...
and since u have the AOR they write down the UCI code and thats about it....
i dont know but its strange....
i had no problems in getting my card back and no questions were asked, other thatn how long have i been staying in canada...

abgh

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
mansari said:
show em the requirements in list 2...
and since u have the AOR they write down the UCI code and thats about it....
i dont know but its strange....
i had no problems in getting my card back and no questions were asked, other thatn how long have i been staying in canada...
What office did you go to?

mansari

Star Member
Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
12-08-2013
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting

mansari

Star Member
Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
12-08-2013
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
abgh said:
Sheridan mall office says they dont deal with work permits. They still entertained you?
If u call em and just enquire its gonna wrkk.... Visit d place..
I got mine...

anni_in

Sep 4, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-2013
AOR Received.
16-Jul-2013
Med's Request
31-Jan-2014
Med's Done....
7-Feb-2014 Medical received.: 17-Feb-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
1-Mar-2014
I visited 47 Sheppard Avenue East today for health Card renewal. They renewed my Health card with the Citizen/Immigration status: "APPLICANT TO REMAIN AS P.R." , but refused to renew for my family.

My wife also got open work permit based on AOR number and my children has visitor status.

They are asking employee letter (full time job) to renew health card for the family.

Mail received from Citizenship and Immigration Canada having file number does not state my family members name. It only address to me. How can I proof that my family also applied for PR and I am the primary applicant.

waitstartedaug13

Aug 24, 2013
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
Did anybody get Health Card on Implied status, I am going to apply for renewal of my health card (on implied status) tomorrow. I will share my experience.

mansari

Star Member
Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
12-08-2013
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
waitstartedaug13 said:
Did anybody get Health Card on Implied status, I am going to apply for renewal of my health card (on implied status) tomorrow. I will share my experience.

hi,
yes i received my health card while i was on implied status....

waitstartedaug13

Aug 24, 2013
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
mansari said:
hi,
yes i received my health card while i was on implied status....
Thanks mansari for the update.

I received AOR, applied for BOWP and in Implied status.

I visited Service Ontario on last saturday and asked for health card renewal using AOR letter. They searched their files and found a big book with all the rules and regulations for health card renewals using AOR. They showed me all the AOR letter samples that their book consists of and it is mentioned across the AOR on CEC is not eligible for health card extension as well as AOR on PNP program. There are certain other AORs (under different programs) that are eligible for health card extension. It seems that the staff in Service Ontario office I visited are very well trained on these things, She told me right away that AOR on CEC class is not eligible for health card. I believe other service ontario centers do not have expertise on this matter, I will go and try with other center and let you guys know if it works out or not.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
waitstartedaug13 said:
Thanks mansari for the update.

I received AOR, applied for BOWP and in Implied status.

I visited Service Ontario on last saturday and asked for health card renewal using AOR letter. They searched their files and found a big book with all the rules and regulations for health card renewals using AOR. They showed me all the AOR letter samples that their book consists of and it is mentioned across the AOR on CEC is not eligible for health card extension as well as AOR on PNP program. There are certain other AORs (under different programs) that are eligible for health card extension. It seems that the staff in Service Ontario office I visited are very well trained on these things, She told me right away that AOR on CEC class is not eligible for health card. I believe other service ontario centers do not have expertise on this matter, I will go and try with other center and let you guys know if it works out or not.
Which office was that, if you don't mind me asking?

I'll probably go to the one on Bay St in Toronto anyway, as I assume they have a lot of exposure to these matters.

waitstartedaug13

Aug 24, 2013
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
LPS said:
Which office was that, if you don't mind me asking?

I'll probably go to the one on Bay St in Toronto anyway, as I assume they have a lot of exposure to these matters.

It is Service Ontario in Kitchener, 1400 Weber Street East. The clerk mentioned right away that the AOR in CEC class is not eligible for Heath Card. When I told her that some of my friends got health card extensions on AORs, she brought a book which consists of the eligible documents for Health Card and showed me all AOR samples and decision against them. For AOR under CEC, it is marked in Bold Letters as 'NOT ELIGIBLE'. So I could not argue at all and returned silently.

Hence it is worth trying at Service Ontario centers where the staff has half-knowledge on AORs. If they go by rule books (I believe it is same for all centers), they will not issue health card extensions.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
waitstartedaug13 said:
It is Service Ontario in Kitchener, 1400 Weber Street East. The clerk mentioned right away that the AOR in CEC class is not eligible for Heath Card. When I told her that some of my friends got health card extensions on AORs, she brought a book which consists of the eligible documents for Health Card and showed me all AOR samples and decision against them. For AOR under CEC, it is marked in Bold Letters as 'NOT ELIGIBLE'. So I could not argue at all and returned silently.

Hence it is worth trying at Service Ontario centers where the staff has half-knowledge on AORs. If they go by rule books (I believe it same for all centers), they will not issue health card extensions.
I guess Service Ontario have made a determination that an AOR does not amount to a confirmation of eligibility for Canadian Experience Class. Bummer.

Guess I'm waiting for my BOWP and hoping to not get sick until then.

Thanks