Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
25-03-2021
No, I did not link it neither did I create a new gckey for them. I submitted it through webfrom. Do I need to link our trvs in my gckey? I got all our work permit and study permit application numbers. The only application linked to my gckey is my HSWP CAT A application.
I read elsewhere that they need to have their own GCkey as soon as you obtain their application number. I just did not pay much attention on the details during that time, because my file is still pending for seems like forever for approval.

roye

Jan 13, 2021
Criminality caters the coverage of review for PCC or NBI for PH equivalent from what I remeber on the CBSA check point. The status being on process again because you recently submitted the PCC.
I see. Thank you. I am learning a lot too from you. We only submitted our NBI with the application package before and not the newly requested PCCs from the different countries he worked for. We were unsure what other PCC he needed to submit then as he was only working offshore and most countries are just his port of entries. Until we received the request.

roye

Jan 13, 2021
I read elsewhere that they need to have their own GCkey as soon as you obtain their application number. I just did not pay much attention on the details during that time, because my file is still pending for seems like forever for approval.
Oh wow. I did not realize that until now. I will try to find out. Let me know too please if we really need to make their own gckey accounts or just link it to our gckey. Please and thank you

Last edited:

I.H

Jul 19, 2022
It has nothing to do with his NBI from our country, his was "no derogatory record". He was requested for PCC from the countries he worked for before. We complied before the 30-day deadline. Then on October 12 was additional docs for the children(I tthink they are now assessing the study permit of my children?) I am not sure. I am getting desperate huhuhu
What did they want?

HJK90

Star Member
Aug 31, 2023
Apologies for the long post ahead...
  • September 24, 2020 - Submitted application
  • March 25, 2021 - Temporary AOR received
  • March 07, 2021 - Biometrics
  • January 05, 2023 - 1st ADR. NBI, Medical requests, and other forms are to be filled out and resubmitted.
  • January 26, 2023 - Medical Passed
  • March 30, 2023 - Reached out to local MP in Alberta. Updates are as follows: Eligibility – not started. Criminality - In progress. Security - not started.
  • April 11, 2023 - submitted forms via webform for a study permit and TRV (dependents) Decided to change it from non-accompanying to accompanying.
  • April 26, 2023 - Background check not applicable.
  • May 01, 2023 - requested for CBSA and CSIS status
  • May 26, 2023 - Background check status from not applicable, has switched again to "We are processing your background check". 1. ELIGIBILITY has yet to start 2. SECURITY CHECK passed 3. INFORMATION SHARING passed. 4. MEDICAL passed 5. Criminality in progress
  • June 5, 2023 - Review of documents shows "not applicable"
  • June 21, 2023 - Security Check, Medical, Info sharing, and Criminality - all passed. Eligibility - Has yet to start.
  • August 12, 2023 - Procedural fairness letter received. Requesting for a new employer. ( 120 days deadline)
  • August 16, 2023 - Found a new employer.
  • August 22, 2023 - Submitted new JO in response to PFL.
  • August 23, 2023 - GCKey addtl documents show not applicable.
  • September 05, 2023 - Submitted NOA, ID of client, and doctor's notes via web form.
  • October 03, 2023 - reached out to local MP in West Vancouver. I sent a very lengthy email with doctor's notes from my employer. Your MP will not help out if it will not benefit their constituent. MP said they could not do anything. It was a very lengthy discussion to justify why I needed this urgently.
  • October 05, 2023 - MP submitted a supporting document as a plea for urgent care needs due to the employer's medical condition. MP sent it directly to IRCC. I requested a copy and submitted it via webform too.
  • October 17, 2023 - 2nd and 3rd ADR 1) Why the employer needs multiple caregivers 2) Financial capability of employer 3) medical diagnosis of the employer. 4) Shifting of caregiver. For me as an applicant IRCC requested for 1) Fees for Work permit, Open work permit, and Study permit. 2) Proof of relationship. Submitted everything the same day.
  • October 18, 2023 - Eligibility letter received for me and my dependents. Passed
  • October 19, 2023 - Pre-arrival letter received.
  • October 27, 2023 - called IRCC and requested if they can resend my PPR (I just assumed) since I have yet to receive mine, and it's been over a week since I received my EL. The agent said there was none. But as soon as I hung up the phone, they sent me all 3 letters at once :)
  • October 27, 2023 - Passport and LOI received. Principal applicant and 2 dependents.

A lot of web forms and Viber calls have been made in between those dates. I understand when everyone will say "Just patiently wait, and God will do the rest".. BUT I know I needed to do something while waiting. I read a lot, almost every day from the experience of others, counter-check it on Canadian websites, and take the necessary action to the best of my extent.

Good luck on this very long journey everyone! I am happy to help and answer some questions to the best of my knowledge.
Thank you for this update.. If its ok with you would you mind sharing the format of medical and mail you submitted… sory for asking you this but desperate time… if not here via any mode of communication…

HJK90

Star Member
Aug 31, 2023
Thank you for this update.. If its ok with you would you mind sharing the format of medical and mail you submitted… sory for asking you this but desperate time… if not here via any mode of communication…
After black-marking any prsnl info

roye

Jan 13, 2021
Hi Haert. I just recently received my gcms notes. I learned that my application from CPC-Edmonton was referred to DN west IMM.
Notes: latest entry as per eligibility. The officer wrote: Recommend Passed. No concerns on my education, ielts, ability to perform the job, genuineness of job offer, etc. How long will it take for them to give the final decision? Anyone on the same situation?

Thank you.

Last edited:

HJK90

Star Member
Aug 31, 2023
Hi Haert. I just recently received my gcms notes. I learned that my application from CPC-Edmonton was referred to DN west IMM.
Notes: latest entry as per eligibility. The officer wrote: Recommend Passed. No concerns on my education, ielts, ability to perform the job, genuineness of job offer, etc. How long will it take for them to give the final decision? Anyone on the same situation?

Thank you.
Hi, whats the procedure to apply for gcms notes and how long dose it take to get the report?

roye

Jan 13, 2021
Sep 2020 applicant
New medicals and new ADR done on 24th November
After that nothing
its so frustrating
New medicals on November 24, 2022? Or did you mean October 24, 2023? I feel you, I am also from September 2020 applicant. This is really so depressing

Last edited: