Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Just got the medical requests - 6 months to the day we submitted - with absolutely NO communication about our file since I received the SA on Jan. 23rd. In March our file was in Mississauga - and may be there still. Just thought this might help anyone else who has been waiting.

Cancuba

Jul 17, 2018
Cuba
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
nova scotia
just wondering if anyone has heard anything lately? We are in our 9th month and its been quiet since beginning of December... anyone from april or may get their Visa yet?

Sandrad

Jan 30, 2019
I am at 13 days until it will be a year. Have not heard anything yet. It’s so close but feels so far. I am hoping soon.

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
just wondering if anyone has heard anything lately? We are in our 9th month and its been quiet since beginning of December... anyone from april or may get their Visa yet?
I am May 2018 applicant too and no news since my medical passed on January 17...a guy from April 2018 got his visa on May 22 but no heard anything else since then..Hopefully soon but it's so hard this long waiting but as some people say: no news is a good news. so nothing else we can do but waiting..

Last edited:

Anna 1989

Apr 26, 2019
Hi there, I'm new to this thread. I'm hoping you guys can help me out - my Cuban fiance has been offered employment in Canada and the application is ready to be submitted. Do we need to make an appointment with the Embassy in Havana to drop off the application and give biometrics, or is this a walk in process? I can't seem to find this on the website.
If anyone has any experience or heard of successful work visas being issued, please let me know how long the process took. Many thanks!

Slamee

Mar 22, 2019
Hi friends!

Is anyone able to kindly confirm how much the medical exam costs in Havana? We keep trying to call, but no one ever picks up the phone... we're anticipating getting requests in the next two weeks or so... trying to figure out how much in funds will be required to send over.

Thanks in advance! :)

Sandrad

Jan 30, 2019
It’s 405$ cuc. That is for the medical. You need to have other things to take along for medical. Two photos. Travel expenses to get to Havana.

Slamee

Mar 22, 2019
Hi there, I'm new to this thread. I'm hoping you guys can help me out - my Cuban fiance has been offered employment in Canada and the application is ready to be submitted. Do we need to make an appointment with the Embassy in Havana to drop off the application and give biometrics, or is this a walk in process? I can't seem to find this on the website.
If anyone has any experience or heard of successful work visas being issued, please let me know how long the process took. Many thanks!
Are you applying for Spousal Sponsorship or a Work Visa? They'r'e two different things.
It’s 405$ cuc. That is for the medical. You need to have other things to take along for medical. Two photos. Travel expenses to get to Havana.
Thank you so much for responding! Another 2 photos in addition to the two that were already submitted with the application?

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
Are you applying for Spousal Sponsorship or a Work Visa? They'r'e two different things.

Thank you so much for responding! Another 2 photos in addition to the two that were already submitted with the application?
Hello..yes, the 2 photos that Sandrad tells you are in addition to the ones previously sent with the application. Also, the medical test is for 2 days and the person who is going to have the medical has to go there without having breakfast and make sure the payment is made at least 2 days before the medical appointment, it's Cuba and we never what it could happen. I suggest you to make the payment at the Metroplitan Bank located in Boyeros 100 to avoid any disagreement. Good Luck...