11/03/15
Interview........
02/01/16
VISA ISSUED...
16/03/2016
LANDED..........
17/03/2016
Lashen said:
You must apply for visitor's visa outside Canada. In your mother-in-law's case she will have to apply to Havana office or LA if she has USA visa (should in case she needs to travel for interview). Also, I am quite sure that mother-in-laws are not qualified for supervisa. Your partner (who should be Canadian or PR) can sponsor his/her mom and you can be the co-signer if their income is below the threshold. Though I hope others can advise on this supervisa issue for mother-in-laws.
Hi there- Super Visa is Parent / Grandparent Visa - it's a 10 year visa now offered by Immigration Canada. Her visitor visa will be done in Cuba ( very easy and takes 9 days). I am looking for someone who has applied for supervisa while their family member was in Canada on a visitor visa. Immigration Canada website clearly states that you can apply for a change in visa while in canada as long as it's days prior to visa expiring. I think i am good.

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
mslolita said:
Hi there- Super Visa is Parent / Grandparent Visa - it's a 10 year visa now offered by Immigration Canada. Her visitor visa will be done in Cuba ( very easy and takes 9 days). I am looking for someone who has applied for supervisa while their family member was in Canada on a visitor visa. Immigration Canada website clearly states that you can apply for a change in visa while in canada as long as it's days prior to visa expiring. I think i am good.

mslolita

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
11/03/15
Interview........
02/01/16
VISA ISSUED...
16/03/2016
LANDED..........
17/03/2016
Lashen said:
I mean you CAN'T apply for supervisa for mother-in-law unless you co-sponsoring. Mother-in-law is not the same as mother according to CIC rules. Besides, you CAN'T apply for visa, being visitor or supervisa, inside Canada.. You can apply to extend your stay in Canada while already here. This strictly doesn't apply to new category of visa!
My husband is a Cuban Canadian PR- he can apply for super visa for his mother. Sorry for confusion ( he will be submitting). I will investigate further if supervisa can only be applied for while my MIL is still in Cuba.

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
mslolita said:
My husband is a Cuban Canadian PR- he can apply for super visa for his mother. Sorry for confusion ( he will be submitting). I will investigate further if supervisa can only be applied for while my MIL is still in Cuba.
Ok, that works then. I found something here that solves your issue. Sorry was wrong. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2011/2011-12-01.asp
Your MIL can apply to extend it for two years on supervisa inside Canada

mslolita

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
11/03/15
Interview........
02/01/16
VISA ISSUED...
16/03/2016
LANDED..........
17/03/2016
Lashen said:
Ok, that works then. I found something here that solves your issue. Sorry was wrong. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2011/2011-12-01.asp
Your MIL can apply to extend it for two years on supervisa inside Canada
Thanks! This was the confirmation that i was looking for. This saves us a lot of time and money! Paperwork in Havana ( as we all know...) is a nightmare and pricey. Happy to be able to do it while she is already here ( less pressure and less money spent). All the best to those who are waiting for their spouses arrival, it's a painful wait ( we waited 15 months start to finish). Patience and remaining optimistic is the best approach and remember immigration is not against you the goal is to unite those in genuine loving relationships and protect those who may be getting scammed. They don't always get it right but the majority of the time they do!

Ferengi

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Visa Office......
HAVANA
Galano1213 said:
My Step-Mother passed away this morning in the Hospital. This is the time I need my husband for support and Immigration has still not issued his visa after winning our appeal Dec 20,2016. They just don't have any compassion. Has anyone ever asked and received their visa in a case of a death in their spouse's family?

Any word Galano? Since your ADR was successful, can you apply for a visitor visa for your husband? I've read that you can apply for a tourist visa while the PR process is ongoing....Not sure if it's true or not, but it might be an option while you wait for the people in Havana to do something...

Mapleson

Apr 2, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
18-10-2015
Ferengi said:
Any word Galano? Since your ADR was successful, can you apply for a visitor visa for your husband? I've read that you can apply for a tourist visa while the PR process is ongoing....Not sure if it's true or not, but it might be an option while you wait for the people in Havana to do something...
You can apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (tourist), but they are extremely hard to get (90%+ are rejected).

Mapleson

Apr 2, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
18-10-2015
mpenn123 said:
Its been 49 days since CIC received my sponsership application and i havent heard anything from them yet....does this seem like the standard wait time for AOR?
Yes! If you are counting it from the day of delivery, you should be calling CIC and/or your MP. It's too frequently the case that a file is "lost". Seven weeks is definitely enough that you should have your AOR.

mpenn123

Jan 13, 2017
Finally got the AOR ! It said that the file had been transferred to Havana on Jan 16th...so now just wait some more. When should the next contact be made??
Happy Valentines Day!

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
The total time is 12 months however it depends on which agent gets the file in Havana and how fast they process it. I would order Gcms notes after it is in Havana 3 months that will give you an idea of how they are processing your application.

Little castle

Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2016
Happy Valentine's Day all! Can't wait for the day to spend it with my loved one.
I have a few questions in hopes that my husband will be here soon.
I'm wondering about the process of working in Canada as a sponsored spouse. I know probably each job/field has a different process... But some general info would be great.
First- did most of your spouses pass an English language proficiency test before working in their field?
Second- what papers did they have translated and certified to work (ie: education papers, work experience etc.)?
thanks for any advise guys.
My husband is a welder and mechanic so anyone with specific details willing to share I'd really appreciate!!!

Ap789

Feb 12, 2016
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
27-07-2016
File Transfer...
29-07-2016
Med's Done....
18-03-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-11-2016
LANDED..........
November 21 2016
Little castle said:
Happy Valentine's Day all! Can't wait for the day to spend it with my loved one.
I have a few questions in hopes that my husband will be here soon.
I'm wondering about the process of working in Canada as a sponsored spouse. I know probably each job/field has a different process... But some general info would be great.
First- did most of your spouses pass an English language proficiency test before working in their field?
Second- what papers did they have translated and certified to work (ie: education papers, work experience etc.)?
thanks for any advise guys.
My husband is a welder and mechanic so anyone with specific details willing to share I'd really appreciate!!!

My husband took the formal English text shortly after he arrived . They scored him at an overall 6 out of 8 . Some provinces have 12 , we only have 8 . Sadly eduxTion there is not really worth anything here !! Due to learning it all in Spanish etc . I made a resume for my husband and a cover letter to each job he applied for . I put down his educTion and skills he had and prior work expience from Cuba . They can work right away but need their sin number . Each job he applied for they made him write their own English tests , computer test if it was applicable . My husband also didn't work for the first two months . He arrived November 21 . This gave him time to explore The city on his own , do some job shawdowing and spend time with a. CArrer xonsulr and done English testing etc . I believe it helped immesebely with his transition here . Getting the formal English test is good because it can get him into classes if he needs to improve his English and to see if he has the equivalent score to go to college if that's an option . My husband has a degree in physics culture but id is looking into getting him diploma in rmt in a few years !! My advice is be proactive , find out where he writes the English test , where he will go to school if he needs it and start working on a resume and cover letter for him :)
Good luck :) hope he is here soon !!

mpenn123

Jan 13, 2017
My file has been transferred to Havana but we are still waiting on the criminal record check which should be ready for him to pick up next week. Just wondering if that document should be sent to Havana now or should be sent to Mississauga ?
Also with it being tax time now and I just got married in May does anyone know what needs to be done with having a spouse in a different country for tax purposes....is there a specific form that needs to be included to declare his income.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
If the file is in Havana then send the Police check to Havana Make sure you include the Client Id and File number. You can claim your spouse on your income tax if I remember correctly it is line 303.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/rtrn/cmpltng/ddctns/lns300-350/303/menu-eng.html

Little castle

Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2016
Thanks for your advice Ap798! Also congrats on having your husband with you, that's so exciting!!