+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

moonstruck14

Jan 21, 2013
I have been denied and sent off my forms for the appeal after 4 mths to the day Mississauga received my paperwork from Havana. I wan never notified of any of this typical of CIC and when I phoned Jan 13 was told it would be a full appeal not a ADR but when I asked why no ADR given no good reason but given a phone number of my rep so I am wondering what goes on in a full appeal I have a immigration lawyer and meeting with him end of January but if any help with anyone who has gone through this would be helpful to know what I am up against. :)

mslolita

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
11/03/15
Interview........
02/01/16
VISA ISSUED...
16/03/2016
LANDED..........
17/03/2016
Hello All,

It's been about 10 months since my husband arrived, i'm surprised to see that the activity on this page has really gone down ( it was such a great help to me through the entire process)! I am hoping some veteran members still stop by here and may be able to assist with a question.

My mother in law will have a 5 year visitor visa when she takes her first trip to Canada, i would like to apply for a 10 year Super Visa while she is here in Canada, is this possible? The 10 year Visa takes 76 days and requires a medical check, which is 400CUC in Havana. these checks are about 200 here and she doesnt have to go back and forth to Havana. doing the Visa here would just be easier and better financially..any help would be appreciated.

localola

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013 Havana AOR 24-06-2013
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Done....
29-01-2013
Interview........
16-01-2014
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2014
LANDED..........
23-03-2014
localola said:
Good morning everyone, it has been a while since I have posted. We are now about to file papers for my husband's son to come to Canada. Does anyone here have any experience or advice?
Hi everybody.
Well our application to sponsor husbands son living in Cuba has been transferred to Mexico City visa office. Status shows medical results received. How much longer do we wait?

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
My Step-Mother passed away this morning in the Hospital. This is the time I need my husband for support and Immigration has still not issued his visa after winning our appeal Dec 20,2016. They just don't have any compassion. Has anyone ever asked and received their visa in a case of a death in their spouse's family?

Ferengi

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Visa Office......
HAVANA
Galano1213 said:
My Step-Mother passed away this morning in the Hospital. This is the time I need my husband for support and Immigration has still not issued his visa after winning our appeal Dec 20,2016. They just don't have any compassion. Has anyone ever asked and received their visa in a case of a death in their spouse's family?
So sorry to hear that Galano. I wish you all the best in getting your husband here as soon as possible.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Thought I would share some of the different answers I have gotten in regards to the status of our Appeal that we won on Dec 20,2016.

HAVANIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
To
Feb 1 at 5:44 PM

Dear Madam/Sir,

We acknowledge receipt of your email. Kindly note that you file has not arrived to our visa office. Please contact CPC-Ottawa for further information.

Best regards,

Immigration Section / Section de l'Immigration 65
Havana-Im-Enquiry@international.gc.ca

Telephone | Téléphone : +53 7 204-2516

Facsimile | Télécopieur : +53 7 204-1069

Embassy of Canada | Ambassade du Canada

Calle 30 No. 518 esquina a 7ma.,

Miramar, La Habana, Cuba

Got this after my MP office said our appeal went to Havana Jan 9th obviously not there then or yet as it is still in Ottawa as of Jan 24th

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
CIC - Ministerial Enquiries Division/CIC - Service de renseignements ministériels <Ministerial.Enquiries.Division@cic.gc.ca>
To
Today at 9:47 AM

Dear :

Thank you for your correspondence of January 30, 2017, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning your sponsorship undertaking on behalf of your husband’s application for permanent residence. I apologize for the delay in responding.

Our records indicate that you have exercised your right to file an appeal to the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) of the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) against the refusal of your husband’s application. T

Subsection 70(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act obliges an officer to respect the decision of the IAD. Once the decision of the IAD is officially communicated to the visa office, immigration officials will act accordingly with the respect to the IAD’s instructions.

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. I trust that the information provided is helpful.

Sincerely,

S. Langlois

Ministerial Enquiries Division

This electronic address is not available for reply.

So much for the new Immigration Minister's help.

CPC-CTD-Ottawa <CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca>
To '
Today at 9:14 AM

Dear ,

Medical results are valid for 12 months. Due to the fact that your original results are due to expire, we sent new medical instructions to you. In order for our office to continue processing your application, new medical exams are required.

Please follow the instructions.

Regards,

Anne

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada

Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

30 days to get a 3rd medical with the one and only panel Doctor in Havana, which is the one that is used by immigration for all of Cuba. And to get an appointment you can only call on Fridays after 1pm.

mpenn123

Jan 13, 2017
Sounds like a nightmare!! This while pocess is such a waiting game with no clear rules or instructions.
I have just started this process, my application (according to canada post) was received on Dec 21st which makes it 43 days today and i havent heard anything :(
Reading through the posts here about other peoples experiences makes me worry that this could continue for a very long time.
Best if luck to you

Minosis

Feb 3, 2017
Visa Office......
HAV
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
Hi, I'm new here and I'm starting an application to sponsor my husband. I was wondering if someone could help me because I'm feeling confused about the documents that I need to submit with my application. It says to submit all original documents if you are from Cuba, so does that mean that when I send in my application I should send my husbands passport and ID and our marriage certificate? It says they will be returned later but those are documents that aren't easy to replace so I want to make sure I'm not reading it wrong. I would appreciate so much any advice I could get! Thank you! :)

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Minosis said:
Hi, I'm new here and I'm starting an application to sponsor my husband. I was wondering if someone could help me because I'm feeling confused about the documents that I need to submit with my application. It says to submit all original documents if you are from Cuba, so does that mean that when I send in my application I should send my husbands passport and ID and our marriage certificate? It says they will be returned later but those are documents that aren't easy to replace so I want to make sure I'm not reading it wrong. I would appreciate so much any advice I could get! Thank you! :)
is his documents in English or Spanish??

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
Minosis said:
Submit only photo copies of original passport, ID and marriage certificate with initial application. If they need original they will request for it after processing.

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
the form clearly states if the documents are in Spanish then have them transcript and send with Photocopy documents.

kesgurl

Oct 17, 2015
Anyone hear any news recently from havana? It has been 9 months since I submitted my file and no news from havana yet

Ferengi

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Visa Office......
HAVANA
kesgurl said:
Anyone hear any news recently from havana? It has been 9 months since I submitted my file and no news from havana yet

I have heard that there is no new news since November....not sure what is going on there.

mpenn123

Jan 13, 2017
Its been 49 days since CIC received my sponsership application and i havent heard anything from them yet....does this seem like the standard wait time for AOR?

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
mslolita said:
Hello All,

It's been about 10 months since my husband arrived, i'm surprised to see that the activity on this page has really gone down ( it was such a great help to me through the entire process)! I am hoping some veteran members still stop by here and may be able to assist with a question.

My mother in law will have a 5 year visitor visa when she takes her first trip to Canada, i would like to apply for a 10 year Super Visa while she is here in Canada, is this possible? The 10 year Visa takes 76 days and requires a medical check, which is 400CUC in Havana. these checks are about 200 here and she doesnt have to go back and forth to Havana. doing the Visa here would just be easier and better financially..any help would be appreciated.
You must apply for visitor's visa outside Canada. In your mother-in-law's case she will have to apply to Havana office or LA if she has USA visa (should in case she needs to travel for interview). Also, I am quite sure that mother-in-laws are not qualified for supervisa. Your partner (who should be Canadian or PR) can sponsor his/her mom and you can be the co-signer if their income is below the threshold. Though I hope others can advise on this supervisa issue for mother-in-laws.