Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
No. My MP contacted Havana and was told there would be no decision until after Feb 12.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
has anyone 's spouse that had an interview in Havana have the interviewer call the Canadian spouse ?

CMLR

Jun 19, 2014
Our friend's wife had her interview on January 5th. She was told she would have a second interview at some point, no one knows when yet. She was given an extension to get more proof of relationship to them, it was mailed to her by our friend but had not reached her before the interview, due to the mail at Christmas time he thinks. She also has an extension for getting her child's father to sign that the child can immigrate with their mother to Canada, the first paper only says "visit". Our friend wonders if anyone knows how long of an extension is given in these cases as he feels he will have to go down to Cuba to get the letter written and signed since he does not trust that his wife will do things in a timely manner, his words not mine, I guess she tends to think that timelines are not as ridged as they really are or something.

The wife said her interview on the 5th of Jan. was not done by a Canadian but by a Cuban, is that really the case would a Cuban be doing the interview for someone immigrating out of Cuba or was it just a Canadian who spoke very very good Spanish? Our friend is pretty upset because I guess a comment was made that he must not really love his wife because he had not been down there again for a visit for a year.( he went once for three weeks) he had been there 3 times each of the last two years, before they were able to marry, long story but they had wanted to marry about a year and a half before they could, he did not have a birth certificate so had to prove his place of birth a different way, he was not born in Canada, and the first time he went there for the wedding he did not take all the needed documents, thinking he did not need them, so they were not able to marry that time. Anyway this comment by the interviewer has really upset our friend because no he has not been able to go see her more than once in the last year but he has been putting out lots of money to his wife to help her fix her family's home. major upgrades like from no bathrooms to now working on a second bathroom for the house as well as fixing walls and adding a bedroom. He says she wants the house to be good and comfortable for her parents , sister and sister's family when she leaves to come to Canada so of course he wants to help to make life easier for them but it does mean he can't afford to go down there very often, a lot because when he does go it ends up that he pays for a vacation for them all to go to Veradero instead of him staying in their little village. Anyway his feelings are hurting that an interviewer would infer that he might not love her due to his not visiting very often. Anyway way we can reassure him other than what we have said like, don't worry about it they don't know you like she does or we do, that maybe they said that to see what her reaction would be not because they really think that....

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
All interviews in Cuba are done by Cuban's who work in the Canadian Embassy. I would not put too much weight to the question asked if she had lots of other proof of contact IE phone calls, copies of support, etc Hopefully she explained that he was saving money to spend to help upgrade the spouse\s family home. My husband had his interview Jan 4th and we have been told we will hear nothing until after Feb 12th.

CMLR

Jun 19, 2014
Good to know that all interviews are done by Cubans, thanks for the info it will make our friend feel better I think. I don't know what she told them about why he has not come more than once in a year but yes hopefully she told them why.

mslolita

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
11/03/15
Interview........
02/01/16
VISA ISSUED...
16/03/2016
LANDED..........
17/03/2016
Does anyone know if there is a specific day of the week Havana emails/phones to schedule the interviews?
i was told that an interview would not be scheduled before Feb 2016. Our application has now been in Havana for 10 months....

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
we got an email on Dec 32015 which was a Thursday and the interview was scheduled for Dec 10 which was a Thursday and then rescheduled for Jan 4 which was a Monday.

mslolita

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
11/03/15
Interview........
02/01/16
VISA ISSUED...
16/03/2016
LANDED..........
17/03/2016
that wasnt much notice...i am hopeful to hear this week.

mslolita

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
11/03/15
Interview........
02/01/16
VISA ISSUED...
16/03/2016
LANDED..........
17/03/2016
has anyone accompanied their spouse to the interview? i am thinking of travelling to havana for the interview and i want to confirm if i will be granted entry?

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
7 Month wait! tip to toe! Good Luck EVERYONE!
mslolita said:
has anyone accompanied their spouse to the interview? i am thinking of travelling to havana for the interview and i want to confirm if i will be granted entry?
Hi Mislolita!

I don't think you will be allowed in, the interview is with the consult and one other person. . .

if your allowed in that would be a miracle, as Canadians are not even allowed to follow up on files at the embassy's... sponsored people only! :)

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Dory is correct Sponsors are not allowed in Sometimes I understand the Interviewer will call the sponsor at home if they have questions for them.

Er84

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
File Transfer...
20-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2016
LANDED..........
17-04-2016
Galano1213 said:
Dory is correct Sponsors are not allowed in Sometimes I understand the Interviewer will call the sponsor at home if they have questions for them.
Only time I have ever heard of the immigration officer calling the Canadian spouse is when there is serious doubt of a genuine relationship. Remember, by this point the Canadian Sponsor has already been approved so there is no need to contact the Canadian spouse as the final step of the process is to approve the non Canadian spouse's application. Definitely worth getting the GCMS notes to see.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
I have a friend whose Cuban spouse is in Canada now, who was called in early 2015 as her husband was being interviewed.

MrsHubby

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2014
Nomination.....
SA - August 26, 2014
AOR Received.
(Havana Only) September 18, 2014
IELTS Request
CSQ - September 30, 2014
File Transfer...
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
August 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 27, 2014
Interview........
Requested February 24, Appt. March 24, 2015
Passport Req..
March 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2015
LANDED..........
April 16, 2015
mslolita said:
Just my two cents... you might want to think about a trip to Havana for 2 reasons. 1) you will NOT be allowed in, and they may contact you at your Canadian contact info, which my not work as well, or cost a lot, in Havana. 2) they have a habit of changes dates, especially at the last minute, so you may book the trip only to have the dates changed.

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
MrsHubby said:
Just my two cents... you might want to think about a trip to Havana for 2 reasons. 1) you will NOT be allowed in, and they may contact you at your Canadian contact info, which my not work as well, or cost a lot, in Havana. 2) they have a habit of changes dates, especially at the last minute, so you may book the trip only to have the dates changed.
MrsHubby long time no see, how has everything been going?