Waived
Passport Req..
6-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2016
LANDED..........
17-04-2016
mslolita said:
Woo hoo! i just got the date for the interview Feb 1st!!!
Congrats!!! So happy for you....one step closer :)

Did they ask you to provide any additional information/documents?

Hopefully soon this will all be over lol

mslolita

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
11/03/15
Interview........
02/01/16
VISA ISSUED...
16/03/2016
LANDED..........
17/03/2016
They asked that he bring proof relationship. Phones bills, pictures, texts etc. i was in Holguin for 3 weeks over the holidays, i gave him all of my travel docs for the year 2015 ( was in cuba 8 times), he also has our phone bills for communication, he printed 43 pictures of us (we hope this enough). Any other suggestions of what else we can provide?

Er84

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
File Transfer...
20-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2016
LANDED..........
17-04-2016
mslolita said:
They asked that he bring proof relationship. Phones bills, pictures, texts etc. i was in Holguin for 3 weeks over the holidays, i gave him all of my travel docs for the year 2015 ( was in cuba 8 times), he also has our phone bills for communication, he printed 43 pictures of us (we hope this enough). Any other suggestions of what else we can provide?
Those are the great. If you have any bank statements/wire transfers I might submit those as well. Anything really that shows a continuous and ongoing relationship. Sounds to me though that you have a lot already. I wouldn't worry about that.

Soooo happy for you :)

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
This is the part of the email we received from Havana

At the interview, you should submit recent evidence to prove that your spousal relationship with your sponsor is genuine and still ongoing. Such evidence may include:

i. Correspondence between you and your sponsor such as: letters with their original post-marked envelopes, printouts of e-mail messages, chat records, faxes, etc. (whatever has not been submitted yet).

ii. Telephone bills indicating calls between you and your sponsor (whichever has not been submitted yet). DO NOT submit phone cards, unless accompanied by an itemized statement from the phone-card company.

iii. Photographs of you and your sponsor together, (whichever has not been submitted yet). The photographs must be printed. DO NOT bring photographs in electronic devices such as CD's or USB memories.

iv. Evidence of financial support between you and your sponsor (whatever has not been submitted yet).

v. Any other evidence that you would like the immigration officer to consider and that might be useful to demonstrate the genuineness of your relationship with your sponsor.

The day of the interview, you should arrive at least 5 min in advance. At the Immigration gate, you will explain that he has an appointment for an interview. Please remember you must bring your passport and your dependent`s passports, if applied.

Please confirm your attendance by replying to this email.

Cordially,

Immigration Section

Inaki

Jan 31, 2012
What does this process entailed?

Hello...all..

I applied to sponsor my wife and daughter April 2015.. After Mississauga approval, Havana started to process the application in May, 2015. They requested proof of communication which I submmited and they acknowledged Oct 2015. I received the following email yesterday... Can anyone advise what is entailed in this process? Is this an interview? Any advice in preparation for it? Please help..

Dear Sir/Madam,

This refers to the application for permanent residence received at this office. Please be advised that we have concluded processing the file and wish to convoke applicant for final review and possible visa issuance February xx, 2016 at 8:20 AM
Documents required:

-Passport ( for Applicant and Dependent)

-2 Correct visa photos. Size: 50 x 70 mm and head must be between 31 mm and 36 mm.(For Applicant and Dependent)

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
You will most likely need to do it again

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Inaki Looks like Havana is going to issue them a visa

cassidyxo

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7th 2015
AOR Received.
July 9th 2015
File Transfer...
September 9th 2015
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
November 27th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 27th 2015
Re: What does this process entailed?

Inaki said:
Hello...all..

I applied to sponsor my wife and daughter April 2015.. After Mississauga approval, Havana started to process the application in May, 2015. They requested proof of communication which I submmited and they acknowledged Oct 2015. I received the following email yesterday... Can anyone advise what is entailed in this process? Is this an interview? Any advice in preparation for it? Please help..

Dear Sir/Madam,

This refers to the application for permanent residence received at this office. Please be advised that we have concluded processing the file and wish to convoke applicant for final review and possible visa issuance February xx, 2016 at 8:20 AM
Documents required:

-Passport ( for Applicant and Dependent)

-2 Correct visa photos. Size: 50 x 70 mm and head must be between 31 mm and 36 mm.(For Applicant and Dependent)
YOUR GETTING YOUR VISA!!!!!! I got the same email almost two months ago for my husband and he got his visa that day!!!! Congrats!!!

No interview. Just make sure you have the exact photographs and both passports aren't about to expire or anything. My husband went in that day, they called his name took his passport, told him to come back at 2:30 and when he did they gave him the visa!!!

cassidyxo

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7th 2015
AOR Received.
July 9th 2015
File Transfer...
September 9th 2015
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
November 27th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 27th 2015
Mr.Keilani said:
Cassidy , did you receive that email or did your spouse ? did they call or just send a email ?
Just me!! They called him a few times but he didn't answer because he didn't know who it was and he wasn't expecting them to call us after such a short time... So they sent me that exact email as well as to bring the consultlatoria for the police!

Er84

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
File Transfer...
20-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2016
LANDED..........
17-04-2016
Good morning all :)

Anyone have any news to share this week?

ALazi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
My husband had his interview yesterday, I think everything went well!!
Now he has to go back and bring his antecedentes.

Er84

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
File Transfer...
20-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2016
LANDED..........
17-04-2016
ALazi said:
My husband had his interview yesterday, I think everything went well!!
Now he has to go back and bring his antecedentes.
That's great!! :)

When did they contact you for the interview? Did you get a lot of notice? When are they supposed to tell you if he passed?

Sending positive vibes.....hopefully soon you'll be reunited.

ALazi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
I got an email 10 days before the interview (asked to present proof of ongoing relationship etc).
I'm not sure how one knows if it's a pass, but the interviewer told him that the last step in the process is to get a new police check so that should be a good indicator I guess? I wish they would tell verbally ''Yes you PASSED'' haha.