Waived
Passport Req..
6-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2016
LANDED..........
17-04-2016
Galano1213 said:
Just spoke to my husband he said they would let him know in a week or so if he passed is this normal ? He is so upset and so am I. Does anyone know what this means?
One thing I've learned Galano in this process is nothing is "normal" when it comes to CIV or Havana. Just when you think you might have figured it out, they turn things around. I wouldn't worry too much about it. The fact that they are giving you an answer in a week as opposed to others that have waited a month is a good thing if you ask me. Have you ever ordered your GCMS notes? If so, was they're any info indicating anything out of the ordinary?

Again good luck and hopefully on a week this will all be a distant memory and you can both prepare to begin your life together here in Canada. :)

CMLR

Jun 19, 2014
Our friend's wife had her interview today. She did not have the proof of relationship they were asking for because what her husband sent her from Canada had not yet arrived. It sounds like they asked many questions, from what she said to him she was so tired out from it all that she now needs to sleep for a couple of days. I know from what he told us he had sent her information on his life and his kids that he told her to memorize he knows this is going to be a hard interview to pass due to their very very large age difference, he could easily be her grandfather. She was told that they will give her an extension on getting more proof of relationship she also has to get a signed paper from her child's father saying the child can immigrate to Canada, the father had signed something at the beginning of things but it only stated "visit" Canada so that has to be changed. The question is how long will they give her to get that info and about how long will it be before she has another interview?

CMLR

Jun 19, 2014
I forgot to mention that they did tell her there will be a second interview. Is that normal to have two interviews when the proof asked for is not yet in the hands of the interviewers?

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Done before(January),renewed, April 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Er84 said:
One thing I've learned Galano in this process is nothing is "normal" when it comes to CIV or Havana. Just when you think you might have figured it out, they turn things around. I wouldn't worry too much about it. The fact that they are giving you an answer in a week as opposed to others that have waited a month is a good thing if you ask me. Have you ever ordered your GCMS notes? If so, was they're any info indicating anything out of the ordinary?

Again good luck and hopefully on a week this will all be a distant memory and you can both prepare to begin your life together here in Canada. :)
They might ask new things but also they might ask same information to see if you guys you are saying the truth.people who lies.most of the time , when you ask same question after X time they will give different answer.anyway if your relationship is genuine. (for oth of you), don't worry about it.

Heidic0686

May 4, 2015
I'm wondering if anyone's spouse in cuba has been phoned by immigration and was asked for their application / case number ? Mine was today and I would of thought that they would have it already ?

V_Gonzalez

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 12/2014
File Transfer...
Mar 11/2015
Interview........
Jan 28/2016
Passport Req..
Feb 26/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2/2016
LANDED..........
Apr 21/2016
Yeaaaaaah!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!

ALazi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Dude0013 said:
Hi All,

I got the email yesterday. My wife's interview is next week! 13 months since I submitted the application.
Long wait but it's almost over! Good luck for the interview and congrats!!!

Er84

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
File Transfer...
20-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2016
LANDED..........
17-04-2016
Dude0013 said:
Hi All,

I got the email yesterday. My wife's interview is next week! 13 months since I submitted the application.
Congrats...Keep us posted. Did they ask you to bring any other info to the interview? Had you previously ordered your GCMS notes?

Wishing you both all the best of luck and hopefully soon you'll be reunited :)

Dude0013

Nov 10, 2015
Thanks all,

The email asked that I bring
1 Correspondence between you and your sponsor (whatever has not been submitted yet)
2 Telephone bills indicating calls between you and your sponsor - Which I do not have (since we talk via imo)
3 Photographs of you and your sponsor together (whatever has not been submitted yet)
4 Evidence of financial support between you and your sponsor (whatever has not been submitted yet)
5 Any other evidence that you would like the immigration officer to consider and that might be useful to demonstrate the genuineness of your relationship with your sponsor.

I never ordered the GCMS notes.

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
Dude0013 said:
Thanks all,

1 Correspondence between you and your sponsor (whatever has not been submitted yet)
2 Telephone bills indicating calls between you and your sponsor - Which I do not have (since we talk via imo)
3 Photographs of you and your sponsor together (whatever has not been submitted yet)
4 Evidence of financial support between you and your sponsor (whatever has not been submitted yet)
5 Any other evidence that you would like the immigration officer to consider and that might be useful to demonstrate the genuineness of your relationship with your sponsor.

You can take screenshots of your IMO call history and print it out. It will help, it's better than nothing

Er84

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
File Transfer...
20-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2016
LANDED..........
17-04-2016
Dude0013 said:
Thanks all,

I would also suggest the screenshots as well. I also send money to recharge my spouse's phone as we communicate via text mostly and I sent that in with my original application and when I ordered my notes, they made it clear on there that it was recognized....food for thought I guess.

What day/time is the interview? Sending good vibes to you Dude.....all the best ;)

buzatti

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2015
File Transfer...
06-01-2016
Interview........
02-08-2016
Passport Req..
22-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2016
LANDED..........
15-10-2016
Dude0013 said:
Hi All,

Hello!

I tried to read this thread, but I managed to go through only the first 59 pages. :) I apologize if I may be asking questions already asked by someone else.

1. After someone gets approved as a sponsor and the application is sent to Havana office, do the visa officers still send an AOR?
Is that AOR sent to the sponsor or to the sponsored person or to both?
2.Is this interview scheduled over the phone? Havana office communicates only to the sponsored person living in Havana or do they communicate to the sponsor too?
3.What would be your suggestion for a situation in which the sponsored person will be out of Cuba for two weeks, not reachable by phone? I am worried that exactly at that moment, the Havana office may try to call to schedule the interview...

Thank you and good luck with the interview!

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
1 I was notified by snail mail that I was approved for AOR. I am the sponsor. Also received an email with case number and Client ID numbers one for sponsor and one for spouse.

2 Received an email with date and time of interview. Some people get a phone call from Havana to the spouse we did not.

3 If you added an email address they will most likely send it via email. However remember it is Cuba.