+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

Thedean8

Dec 26, 2015
They are actually change the law the Cubans now actually require a visa to go to Ecuador, so I have nothing to worry about in that aspect. I hope that they can see that we have a genuine relationship and can skip the interview process because I basically spent eight months in Cuba this year living with her and things were pretty good. But now I'm required to show that I can afford to sponsor her sore my lawyer suggested I stay home and work. And a lot of my cash flow is tied up right now with my investments so I wasn't able to for Christmas . It doesn't look like I'm going to make it there for my birthday in February either or Valentine's Day or her birthday in April or one year anniversary in April so I'm really hoping the immigration comes through . I hope she can come before April because they have direct flights from Cayo Coco to Winnipeg but I guess I'm counting my chickens before they hatch trying to stay positive I guess and its not easy

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Isn't it crazy how we can look back a year ago and realize how much everything has changed? The amount of people that have left your life,entered,and stayed.The memories you won't forget and the moments you wish you did. Everything. It's crazy how all that happened in just one year.

Happy New Year

ALazi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
What! Has anyone seen the changes on the CIC website? All spouse and common law (outland) applications first and second stage combined takes 18 months!!! This can't be good :/

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp#

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Our application is now at 14 months.

I'm wondering if this new format has anything to do with the refugee crisis?

Are they being 'vague' because they will be processing inland refugee applications? That way, no-one knows the published processing time for their Visa Office and can't complain if their file is over the published timeframe??

Maybe I'm being cynical but it makes me wonder...

This will also cut back on calls to get info as well as make their stats look better.

ALazi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
^This!!!
I don't see any other explanation!
We are at 13.5 months as well then...

Since Havana lately calls everyone for interviews at 10-11 months then it would be illogical to delay by months just due to this new change. But then again nothing's logic in this process. This new change made me mad and even more lost and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
My husband is in Havana now to get a new Police Certificate and make an apt for a new medical as his interview is on Jan 4 at 2 pm. These Police certificates are only good for 6 months and if you are close to getting visa they can extend them and the medical is only good for a year so this seems to be a money grab.

Thedean8

Dec 26, 2015
Is there lots of people that have waited more than the 10 months that was previously listed for 2015? Where are you guys not together for a long time or didn't have too much evidence of a genuine marriage? For the people that Have waited A long time can you share your personal experience, how long you were together and age difference things like that before you decided to go ahead with immigration ?

Dacite

Oct 15, 2015
To Thedean8. I suggest you to read very good forum - cubaamor dot org. A lot of useful information there. You can also post all your questions.

ALazi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
You'll probably get more positive input on this forum, just saying.

My file's been in Havana for 10.5 months, +3 months in Canada, so 13.5 in total. And still waiting.
We're both in our early/mid 20s, and then again being young doesn't always guarantee a faster process.

MrsVC

Oct 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2015
AOR Received.
31-08-2015
File Transfer...
02-09-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Interview........
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
4 months in Havana
Does anyone know if the new 18 months wait for family sponsorship will apply to new applications or add an extra 6 months onto our wait time?

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
Thedean8 DO NOT SIGN UP TO CUBA AMOR...you will not be able to ever deactivate your account....EVER...in fact don't even go there... It is filled with extremely better and negative people that are not trying to help, only trying to dissencourage people from being with Cubans ...because most of them are people that come from failed relationships with Cubans. Yes it does happen but reading that stuff is toxic and only gets into your head in a very negative way! You need to follow your heart, whether it's telling you your relationship is the real deal or not. Don't listen to ANYONE else

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
7 Month wait! tip to toe! Good Luck EVERYONE!
Thedean8 said:
I think I will just stop reading this all together, cause I already think my relationship is doomed
Reading what?? Newgirl and I are proof that relationships work. We actually have fantastic relationships w/ our Cuban husbands. If ur already thinking its doomed. Then... U better evaluate buddy. These type of relationships are not for the faint of heart and nonuae holding up valuable processing time. ;) good luck all the same!!