Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
18-10-2015
On July 20, Cuba will open their embassy in Washington. However, the US Republicans are refusing to fund a US embassy in Cuba, so we're stuck with the same limbo until at least November 2016.

cassidyxo

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7th 2015
AOR Received.
July 9th 2015
File Transfer...
September 9th 2015
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
November 27th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 27th 2015
Mapleson said:
On July 20, Cuba will open their embassy in Washington. However, the US Republicans are refusing to fund a US embassy in Cuba, so we're stuck with the same limbo until at least November 2016.
Ahhh okay good to know. THANK YOU!!! Well hopefully it'll still help a bit. My husband has his step-brother (who he barley knows and is like 7 years younger than him) living in the USA, which we clearly wrote on the application when they asked. So I know it may be a bit of an issue when/if he goes in for an interview, I'm just hoping it won't be TOO big of an issue!!

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
next week :)
the US will never change the Cuban Adjustment Act, if they will ever will,,it will take a very very long time,,,since I highly doubt cubans will ever be able to simply apply and obtain either a visit us visa or a canadians one,,,

Canada simply doesnt want to get their wrists slapped by the US,,thats why they dont issue visit viss to cubans(unless they are old )

cassidyxo

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7th 2015
AOR Received.
July 9th 2015
File Transfer...
September 9th 2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
November 27th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 27th 2015
lokyy said:
the US will never change the Cuban Adjustment Act, if they will ever will,,it will take a very very long time,,,since I highly doubt cubans will ever be able to simply apply and obtain either a visit us visa or a canadians one,,,

Canada simply doesnt want to get their wrists slapped by the US,,thats why they dont issue visit viss to cubans(unless they are old )
I was more talking about permanent residence or a green card. I heard that soon, Cubans won't be able to just show up at the border and walk into the U.S. I tried before for a visitors visa twice with my husband (boyfriend at the time) back in December and they said no twice. I was just more concerned with his one step brother in the U.S., that they may give him a hard time in the interview/getting his PR!!

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
cassidyxo said:
I was more talking about permanent residence or a green card. I heard that soon, Cubans won't be able to just show up at the border and walk into the U.S. I tried before for a visitors visa twice with my husband (boyfriend at the time) back in December and they said no twice. I was just more concerned with his one step brother in the U.S., that they may give him a hard time in the interview/getting his PR!!
i dont understand your situation or the step brothers situation,,he is a green card holder or he hasnt got it yet? if he has a green card why in the hell would he come to canada????? cubans do things the other way around,,CUBA-Canada -USA...lets just say canada is not really our thing,,,

and again,,whatever you heard is just words,,they will never stop the Cuban adjustment act,,thats the only thing cubans have to escape that crazy country so,lots of cubans in miami for sure will never support the end of it,,

all these craze about the usa-cuba relations coming to better is just crazy media and politics since no change will improve the poor cubans live inside the country,,btw,did you know cubans cant come to havana for a visit? i wonder if thats the embargos fault?? go figure,,,

cassidyxo

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7th 2015
AOR Received.
July 9th 2015
File Transfer...
September 9th 2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
November 27th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 27th 2015
lokyy said:
i dont understand your situation or the step brothers situation,,he is a green card holder or he hasnt got it yet? if he has a green card why in the hell would he come to canada????? cubans do things the other way around,,CUBA-Canada -USA...lets just say canada is not really our thing,,,

and again,,whatever you heard is just words,,they will never stop the Cuban adjustment act,,thats the only thing cubans have to escape that crazy country so,lots of cubans in miami for sure will never support the end of it,,

all these craze about the usa-cuba relations coming to better is just crazy media and politics since no change will improve the poor cubans live inside the country,,btw,did you know cubans cant come to havana for a visit? i wonder if thats the embargos fault?? go figure,,,
No haha... My husband lives in Cuba we just submitted our application. But my husband has one step brother who lives in the U.S. My husband doesn't really know him all that we'll and he's like 7 years younger than my husband. I was concerned that when my husband goes for his interview they will make it hard on him and our application because he has a family member in the US.

I know the relationships won't necessarily change but I was thinking if the U.S. removes the embargo of Cubans being allowed in the US as long as they can get to the border, it would end up making things harder for Cubans. But maybe less hard for people trying to get PR or TRV in Canada due to the fact they would no longer be allowed to just show up to the U.S. border to get in.

Lots and lots of talk as always though...

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
i highly doubt it will put your app in risk having his step brother in the US,,any cuban can simply walk to the border and apply for US residence,,so,dont worry about it,,,

now,,THERE IS A LOT of things that happen in cuba that only CUbans know,,THERE is an embargo inside of CUba,,the US has nothing to do with it,,freedom of speech? 10 dolars a month? no internet? yeah sure,,thats all the embargos fault? u know what i mean?

and i can safely say 85 per cent of cubans that come to canada have in the backs of their minds to go to the US,,and the first winter in Canada brings that up to them instanly lol...

cassidyxo

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7th 2015
AOR Received.
July 9th 2015
File Transfer...
September 9th 2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
November 27th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 27th 2015
lokyy said:
i highly doubt it will put your app in risk having his step brother in the US,,any cuban can simply walk to the border and apply for US residence,,so,dont worry about it,,,

now,,THERE IS A LOT of things that happen in cuba that only CUbans know,,THERE is an embargo inside of CUba,,the US has nothing to do with it,,freedom of speech? 10 dolars a month? no internet? yeah sure,,thats all the embargos fault? u know what i mean?

and i can safely say 85 per cent of cubans that come to canada have in the backs of their minds to go to the US,,and the first winter in Canada brings that up to them instanly lol...
Ahh good to know. Thank you. Yes. That's where I heard it from... A Cuban citizen told me that the Cubans will no longer be able to walk to the U.S. border once all the embassies get set up that Cubans will need to apply like everyone else etc. But who really knows!

Haha winters are bad but you get use to it... It's all about patience. Canada is a beautiful country, especially where I am from in Ottawa. I am sure my husband will have no issue at all settling in :)

luigui

Feb 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2016
LANDED..........
17-03-2016
Galano1213 said:
I just checked the CIC web site for an update on our application and it said application withdrawn so I called CIC and asked what was going on and that I had not withdrawn my application and she looked at the file and said it was still in process. Panic ridden for nothing as the web site was having technical issues. I had sent a request for an update to Havana last night and just now received an email response that my husband would receive an email for an interview next month. It is now at the 7 month mark so a positive response. Here's hoping he is issued a visa at that time.
Good Morning Galano, how you requested and update on the file from Havana? It will be 8 months July 19th. since our file was received, and about 5 months since the file has been in Habana, If could please tell me on how you requested an update, thanks.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
I just sent an email to the email address havana-im-inquiry@international.GC.ca

luigui

Feb 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2016
LANDED..........
17-03-2016
Galano1213 said:
I just sent an email to the email address havana-im-inquiry @ international.GC.ca
Thank you.

Hi Galano, I sent an email to the address that you sent to me on the previous post, but it bounces back as failed address, Am I missing something in the address that you provided? Thanks again

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Sorry miss spelled inquiry the correct spelling for it is enquiry and GC is lower case

luigui

Feb 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2016
LANDED..........
17-03-2016
Galano1213 said:
Sorry miss spelled inquiry the correct spelling for it is enquiry and GC is lower case
Thank you

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
7 Month wait! tip to toe! Good Luck EVERYONE!
That is not necessarily correct -- I've come into contact with a few different cases, all who were requested interviews becauseof family they may have in the USA.

It does not mean that entry will be denied but it does mean that the Embassy will investigate and try to find intent to want to go to the USA.

Understandably all Cubans can just cross over when they want and seek asylum BUT when they have family already there the embassy looks at it like a RED FLAG...

It is not always the case, but the few people I know that have family in the USA def. had interviews and some were asked for 2nd and 3rd interviews.

Anyways Cass - I WOULDN'T WORRY FROM WHAT I SEE YOUR FILE IS SOLID!!

lokyy said:

Mapleson

Apr 2, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
18-10-2015
lokyy said:

and i can safely say 85 per cent of cubans that come to canada have in the backs of their minds to go to the US,,and the first winter in Canada brings that up to them instanly lol.
The cost of internet access is absolutely the fault of the US embargo. There are several fiber optic trunk cables that have been laid down in the Caribbean that by-pass Cuba. Less bandwidth and competition means higher prices per MB. The embargo hasn't resulted in positive effects (unless you count the lack of Americans in Cuba as a positive) on the state of affairs in Cuba, but it has had negative effects and given them a common enemy to focus on.