Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Wonder I if anyone has been successful in getting a temporay visitor visa while in the sponsorship process ?

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
I just checked the CIC web site for an update on our application and it said application withdrawn so I called CIC and asked what was going on and that I had not withdrawn my application and she looked at the file and said it was still in process. Panic ridden for nothing as the web site was having technical issues. I had sent a request for an update to Havana last night and just now received an email response that my husband would receive an email for an interview next month. It is now at the 7 month mark so a positive response. Here's hoping he is issued a visa at that time.

Mapleson

Apr 2, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
18-10-2015
RobertoACE,
I've added you to the 2014-2015 Havana Spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ijdUWeVm8WQPi-wfmxCx9NubIUrrVbb3YfFYSNOE5zc/edit#gid=0
Your 6.3 month wait time is still below that of the offical 50% mark of cases (7 months). 70% of cases are resolved under 9 months and 80% under 10 months.
As far as your wife's medicals, CIC does have an option to recognize expired medicals for 3 months, but it's up to your individual case manager. If it's not used or it goes beyond 15 months, they she will have to return to Havana for a second one.

Cassidyxo,
You'll have to wait 5-6 weeks to receive your offical AOR. They will either send you an email or letter.

Galano,
You are definitely in the home stretch. After receiving your interview notice, it's a month wait for the interview itself, and then under a month until landing. I'm guessing just after Labour Day!

cassidyxo

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7th 2015
AOR Received.
July 9th 2015
File Transfer...
September 9th 2015
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
November 27th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 27th 2015
Mapleson said:
RobertoACE,
I've added you to the 2014-2015 Havana Spreadsheet
Your 6.3 month wait time is still below that of the offical 50% mark of cases (7 months). 70% of cases are resolved under 9 months and 80% under 10 months.
As far as your wife's medicals, CIC does have an option to recognize expired medicals for 3 months, but it's up to your individual case manager. If it's not used or it goes beyond 15 months, they she will have to return to Havana for a second one.

Cassidyxo,
You'll have to wait 5-6 weeks to receive your offical AOR. They will either send you an email or letter.

Galano,
You are definitely in the home stretch. After receiving your interview notice, it's a month wait for the interview itself, and then under a month until landing. I'm guessing just after Labour Day!
Thank you very much!!!! I'm happy to hear so! :)

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Can some of you who have had their spouses already land in Canada tell me where they flew from in Cuba , which airline they used and how they got their ticket if purchased in Canada and if you purchased a one way ticket?

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
Galano1213 said:
Can some of you who have had their spouses already land in Canada tell me where they flew from in Cuba , which airline they used and how they got their ticket if purchased in Canada and if you purchased a one way ticket?
My husband flew in from Varadero, havana airport is far too hectic, he flew Westjet to vancouver but it had a stop over in Montreal so that's where immigration did his landing papers so if your spouse has a connections flight I would make sure there is a sufficient amount of time in between flights to get all the paperwork sorted. It doesn't take too long but u never know. And yes I booked him a one way since he was moving to Canada

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Great thank you . I gather it was not necessary for him to have a paper ticket in Varedero. I was thinking of using Cubana Air to Toronto or Montreal and then Air Canada or West Jet to PRI CE Edward Island. His English is not great and want him to feel comfortable as it will be his first flight. Cubana Stewarts speak Spanish and so does AC Rouge Stewarts. Montreal airport is smaller as well.

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
7 Month wait! tip to toe! Good Luck EVERYONE!
juSt like Newgirl hubby flew WESTJET! its great, affordable and they don't need tickets! its all automated, best part was hubby got his VISA on Wednesday I booked the flight on Friday afternoon and by Saturday night he was already here No issue, his immigration papers were so quick I almost missed him coming out of the gate!

anyways CONGRATS GALANO! SOON SOON YOU TOO WILL BE ENJOYING!

Galano1213 said:

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
Hello all!

This post is for anyone that already has hubby or wifey here with them!

Hubby has been here now for just under 6 months. In September my God daughter turns 3 and I missed her last bday because I was in Cuba... She's from Pittsburgh Pen. USA.

I know it will probably be impossible to get my husband a Visitors Visa for USA so soon- usually they say 1 year before they approve butttttt.. I was hoping to at least try! all my closest family is there and I already missed JULY 4th festivities, I really want him to experience #merica AHHAHA!

Does anyone know where or how I can apply for one?

I wanna start now so that I have an answer for September!

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!

- Doriana

Mapleson

Apr 2, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
18-10-2015
Galano1213 said:
Great thank you . I gather it was not necessary for him to have a paper ticket in Varedero. I was thinking of using Cubana Air to Toronto or Montreal and then Air Canada or West Jet to PRI CE Edward Island. His English is not great and want him to feel comfortable as it will be his first flight. Cubana Stewarts speak Spanish and so does AC Rouge Stewarts. Montreal airport is smaller as well.
It's not required to have a paper reservation anywhere for any airline. Normally, they just ask your name and look it up. Cubana flies out of most provincial capitals to both Toronto and Montreal, including Holguin.

However, you may want to consider flying with AC in order to make his transfer as easy as possible. For example, from Holguin Cubana flies into Terminal 3 at Pearson, but AC flies out of Terminal 1 for Charlottetown. Air Canada would let him stay within the terminal rather than passing having to go outside to transfer.

WestJet doesn't fly through Holguin until October 26.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Thnx I was looking at Cubana out of Holguin and Westjet from Montreal to Charlottetown PEI only because the Trudeau airport is smaller then Pearson. Or meeting him at Pearson at Immigration gate and flying Westjet. I see Cubana is flying into Holguin from Toronto for $398 right now. I prefer West Jet as the planes are more comfortable.

Mapleson

Apr 2, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
18-10-2015
Don't forget that $392.50 is USD, not CAD. So right now it'd be around C$500.44.

My only concern about flying through Montreal is the French accent. Otherwise, it's the preferable option.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Yes I see that if you purchase the ticket in Canada. When I travelled into Pearson in June the accent of the immigration officer was so bad I could not understand a word of the ? he was asking. Had to ask him to repeat it twice. I think in most immigration areas you get a choice of language of English or French even in Montreal. I have travelled through there and have had no problem I have always found someone that speaks English. I know if I use Air Canada I get free luggage and in the same terminal although it can be confusioning for a first time traveller. I will call AC and see if I can travel on a vacation and have him fly back with me on the same plane.

Thanks for your help

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
Cubans also have the option of getting a portion of their air tax back once they are here... the process is quiet detail but they are able to get smthg back *(to be honest though, I never filed for it because I was so damn happy the struggle was over I didn't care about the money)*

hopefully soon enough you will be picking him up at yyz

Galano1213 said:
Yes I see that if you purchase the ticket in Canada. When I travelled into Pearson in June the accent of the immigration officer was so bad I could not understand a word of the ? he was asking. Had to ask him to repeat it twice. I think in most immigration areas you get a choice of language of English or French even in Montreal. I have travelled through there and have had no problem I have always found someone that speaks English. I know if I use Air Canada I get free luggage and in the same terminal although it can be confusioning for a first time traveller. I will call AC and see if I can travel on a vacation and have him fly back with me on the same plane.

Thanks for your help

cassidyxo

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7th 2015
AOR Received.
July 9th 2015
File Transfer...
September 9th 2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
November 27th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 27th 2015
I just heard some good news.. Apparently now that the US and Cuba are having embassies in each of the countries... Cubans won't be able to just show up at the U.S. border and live there.. they will now have to apply like everyone else!!! Apparently this will be happening by the end of this month. I heard this from a Cuban friend! If that's true, hopefully Canada will be less suspicious of Cubans try to skip off to the U.S. which hopefully could speed things up a little bit :)