File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
Keep us Posted! You're getting close! Good luck!!!

Krys said:
The MP usually will only help when your file goes beyond the processing time. If you request for your notes you will be able to see if your spouse is having an interview if it has been decided at the time of requesting the notes. I saw my MP on friday and she advised that any look in to your file (ex. Ordering notes) can delay the processing time as they have to go in to your file and pull out what is being requested/ remove what they don't want you to see. Although, it looks like that doesn't really affect the processing time at this moment as there are a few applicants waiting 8-10 months now. It seems to me that something is going on in the embassy right now.. My file will be at 10 months (in the Havana embassy) in 1 week, my MP has sent an inquiry to them but i also sent an email on Friday to ask when this mysterious interview will be scheduled and they replied with " an interview will be scheduled for September but no date has been set yet" September will be 11 months for my file in Havana and still nothing from the embassy.. So hopefully my MP can get things moving and see what the problem is. Other applicants are saying there's a change in the embassy with how they are processing, they are short staffed due to summer holidays and very busy with Pan Am visas.. Who knows! Good luck to all those who are waiting :)

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
7 Month wait! tip to toe! Good Luck EVERYONE!
Here are my thoughts. I met a girl here on the form who had a time line EXACTLY one week prior to mine.

We both did not require interviews and our cases were pretty straight forward and easy.

She requested notes, I did not... hubbys were called hers a week before mine. they both got their visas the week after *so hers a week before mine...

I DON'T ALWAYS THING IT HOLDS PEOPLE BACK... but... it might if you constantly do it... or if your file has been in process say a month and your already asking to see ur file...

that seems like a waste of time... but if you are at 6 months haven't heard anything than I think it is warranted!

Just my experience... but with HAVANA- NOTHING IS EVER CERTAIN, YOU KNOW ITS HOW THE WIND BLOWS! :)

Er84 said:
I agree. I have been informed as well that ordering your GCMS notes does nothing but delay the application review process and if anything irritates the immigration officer responsible for the file as he/she will now have more work to do and also bring their opinion into question regarding doing their job. Probably not a good idea to pisss off the immigration worker your spouse and you so desperately need. Just saying!!!!! Think border guards power hungry attitude. Not for me thanks. The time suckks and is what it is without anyone one of us or our spouses or our MP's having any control over it. So let it be and pray for the best (ie quickest lol) timeframe.....maybe a "friendly" immigration officer too :)

Best of luck everyone.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
I understand that GCMS notes are computer generated so does not affect the file. If you request a paper file then that affects the file . After 7 months with not a peep I chose to contact my MP with no regrets. These immigration personal have more professional training then we give them credit for sometimes I doubt they would have theirs jobs long if they are caught playing games with peoples lives in my opinion.

Krys

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2014
File Transfer...
September 25 2014
Good news this morning finally! Havana emailed me with the date of my husband's interview and requested that he bring proof of our ongoing relationship as well as his passport. His interview is schedule for September 14th @9am (that will be over 11 months since our file was received in Havana) looks like the embassy is starting to work again :)

V_Gonzalez

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 12/2014
File Transfer...
Mar 11/2015
Interview........
Jan 28/2016
Passport Req..
Feb 26/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2/2016
LANDED..........
Apr 21/2016
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's wonderful news :)

mslolita

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
11/03/15
Interview........
02/01/16
VISA ISSUED...
16/03/2016
LANDED..........
17/03/2016
Congratulations Krys!!! So nice to hear some positive news!!!

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Congratulations We are Hoping for an email soon this gives us hop for sure.

windsorgirl

Jul 29, 2015
My husband was at the immigration office three weeks ago and he was told that I have to pay the right of permanent residency fee. We have not been notified our application has been approved yet but i have now paid it. The woman he spoke with read thru our information and that's when she told him that. Our application have been in Havana since November 26th. Could she have read it was recommended for approval??? I read a post here about a spouse going for an interview and he had to bring his passport and proof of their relationship? Dont we provide that with our application? ? Phone calls emails trips money transfers wedding pics etc?? Why would they ask for that??? Just some thoughts on my situation would be appreciated? ??

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
I certainly understand where you are coming from in that regard. Ours has been in Havana so CE Jan 6 and I understand that we will be required to have an Interview and provide proof that our marriage is genuine. We sent pictures , trips, I travel every couple of months to be with him, copies of cards, letters telephone calls plane tickets hotel bills and credit card receipts in both our names. We lived together for 4 months in Cuba. The only thing I can think of is to get family and friends to write letters and have them translated and notarized. I am at my wits end worrying that some agent will deny us for no good reason. It is more then a year so CE we sent our application July 11,2014. We have known each other 6 years and married for 2 Sept 26. I was hoping he would be here for our family reunion on August 29th and renew our vows Sept 26 with family.

windsorgirl

Jul 29, 2015
Has the office in Havana told you he was going to gave an interview because all they told my husband that day was that i had to pay the right if permanent residency fee. And your application has been in Havana since January? ? My file was lost by immigration in Toronto and my lawyer had to send them another one at my expense!!! So my file should have been in Havana two months sooner. I filed in march of 2014 and my approval didn't come until mid November!!

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
In August they made us fill out 1344 again because it was updated in August, in Sept they informed my MP that it was being processed inland instead of outland. after they put it in outland I finally got approval Oct 17. It took them until Jan 6 ,2015 to send it to Havana. I had my MP call in July and Havana told them about the interview.

Krys

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2014
File Transfer...
September 25 2014
windsorgirl said:
My husband was at the immigration office three weeks ago and he was told that I have to pay the right of permanent residency fee. We have not been notified our application has been approved yet but i have now paid it. The woman he spoke with read thru our information and that's when she told him that. Our application have been in Havana since November 26th. Could she have read it was recommended for approval??? I read a post here about a spouse going for an interview and he had to bring his passport and proof of their relationship? Dont we provide that with our application? ? Phone calls emails trips money transfers wedding pics etc?? Why would they ask for that??? Just some thoughts on my situation would be appreciated? ??
From my experience the embassy asking for the RPRF does not necessarily mean things are moving with your file.. They asked my husband and I to pay that back in November 2014 (1 month after our file was received in Havana) and then we heard nothing after that. Our file will be in Havana for 10 months on August 2nd and we just heard from the embassy today with the date of his interview. The reason he has to bring proof to the interview is because our file was sent more than a year ago on July 4th, 2014, therefore they want to see that the relationship is still ongoing and genuine.. They've requested we submit proof of relationship for anything after July 2014

windsorgirl

Jul 29, 2015
Ok that makes sense my mp told me about eight weeks ago they were doing his criminal background check then. So ten months will be the end of September so i guess mid Sept we should hear something. My husband also brought all my travel documents to the embassy in march which was the last time i was there. I will be going back in six weeks. I will stay for a month with hopes of bringing him home with me.

Krys

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2014
File Transfer...
September 25 2014
windsorgirl said:
Ok that makes sense my mp told me about eight weeks ago they were doing his criminal background check then. So ten months will be the end of September so i guess mid Sept we should hear something. My husband also brought all my travel documents to the embassy in march which was the last time i was there. I will be going back in six weeks. I will stay for a month with hopes of bringing him home with me.
Yes you should hear something by then and hopefully he can come back with you! Good luck :)
And i just a little info.. My husband's criminal record expired in May and his medical will expire in August but they did not request for a new record or medical so they can extend the expiry on them once the file is in process which is good news for us!

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Happy to hear that they have extended your husband's police check and medical as my husband's medical expired in April and his police check as well.