05-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2013
thomshel said:
I'm going to be starting this process in the fall after we get married and I am wondering if you can give me an idea of what the immigroup is charging you to help you through this process. And if you do the majority of the work if it brings the cost down a little?
I did the application myself. If you carefully read through the guide while you are filling things out, and basically get to know the application in and out, you should be able to do it yourself and save a few thousand. While you are going through the forms, jot down questions you have and use this forum or call CIC for the answers. Most of the work is compiling evidence and whether you hire a lawyer or not you have to do this yourself anyways.

Also, to figure out what you need to get married, go straight to the Cuban Consulate in Toronto to ask what you need exactly. They make it very simple to know exactly what you need.

sandiva

May 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2013
Hello,

I received an email from Havana asking for additional information. I am happy because I know they are looking at my file. I have a question if anyone can help me. They are asking for a copy of my husbands divorce certificate. Since it is going to Havana, does it need to be translated?

Thanks!

P90X

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013 - 22-05-2013 Havana
File Transfer...
02-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
sandiva said:
Hello,

I received an email from Havana asking for additional information. I am happy because I know they are looking at my file. I have a question if anyone can help me. They are asking for a copy of my husbands divorce certificate. Since it is going to Havana, does it need to be translated?

Thanks!
You didnt include your husbands divorce certificate with the application or they ask again ?

Since the divorce certificate is in Spanish it has to be translated in French or English.

Brooksee

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 14/13
AOR Received.
Mar 11/13- April 2/13
File Transfer...
Mar 11/13
Med's Done....
Dec 20/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July30/13
VISA ISSUED...
July30/13
LANDED..........
Aug19/13
To marry a Cuban citizen in Cuba,you must obtain several documents that should be authenticated by the Cubanauthorities in Canada. As discussed over the phone, given your sitatuation, you must provide your Canadian passport, birth certificate, and sign a single status declaration or affidavit.
Our office will deal directly with the Cuban authorities on your behalf and get your final documents ready for your marriagein Cuba. The process can take three weeks from the time they are submitted to the Cuban authorities. Our service fee for this process starts at $950 plus 5% GST, not including disbursements.
Disbursements include:
Fees levied by the Cuban Consulate: $744
Translations and notarizations: $150+gst
Courier/ other: $100+gst
We require the balance of our service fee and disbursements to be paid before we submit the documents to the Cuban Consulate.
Your birth certificate and single status affidavit need to be notarized by a notary public or a lawyer. please send me the following information so I will prepare and send you the affidavit by email. You need to print it out, take it to a notary public or lawyer and sign it in front of them. The notary public or lawyer will then sign and stamp the affidavit. Note: It is valid for 6 months from the date you sign this affidavit. This means that you must marry within 6 months of signing this affidavit otherwise you have to prepare another one.
The information I need is:
§ complete name as it appears on your passport and birth certificate (if they are different, please let me know. If you are using a different name than the one that appears on your birth certificate, for example: maiden/married name or middle name that does not appear on your passport.)
§ date of birth
§ place of birth
§ complete address
§ phone number
§ whether you are currently "single" (nevermarried) or "divorced"
§ expected date of your upcoming marriage in Cuba
Once you have notarized the affidavit and birth certificate, please send then along with a copy of your valid passport by express post or courier to my attention at the address below. We will commission the translations into Spanish and all the necessary legalizations on your behalf. Processing times are 1-2 weeks from time we receive above documents.

This is what my representative sent me. She is from Immigroup.

Legal fees in total $3333.50 ($2950 + hst)

- Government fees in total $1,040 ($550 processing fees + $490 landing fees)

The processing fees of $550 must be paid when the application is submitted. The landing fees of $490 can be paid later upon request by Immigration. However, I recommend to pay the landing fees upfront if you are financially capable. This way, your application won't be delayed due to immigration verifying the payment of your landing fees.

So, in total, an amount of $3573.50 is due before submission of your application.

I found it to be lees stressful to have her complete all the documents.

Good luck,
Brooksee

sandiva

May 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2013
P90X said:
You didnt include your husbands divorce certificate with the application or they ask again ?

Since the divorce certificate is in Spanish it has to be translated in French or English.
I didn't include it! Something I missed out on because I though the marriage certificate was good enough as you can't get the marriage certificate without the divorce certificate. I have heard that since the document is going to Havana, it does not have to be translated. I seem to be getting two different answers so I'm not sure which one is right.

P90X

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
02-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
sandiva said:
I didn't include it! Something I missed out on because I though the marriage certificate was good enough as you can't get the marriage certificate without the divorce certificate. I have heard that since the document is going to Havana, it does not have to be translated. I seem to be getting two different answers so I'm not sure which one is right.
You just have to use the Case specific link to Havana to find that they ask that all attached documents must be in English or French... I would not send Spanish version only.

What is your status in Ecas ? Medical received only or In process ?

Thanks

P90X

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
02-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
Only a few hours before my flight to Cuba !!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hope everything will go well for all of you, see you next week and I hope you'll all have good news to tell !

I've been waiting for this moment for 4 months, and finally, this moment is here !

I'm ready, my wife's ready, we'll have great time together as always !

See you soon ! 8)

sandiva

May 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2013
P90X said:
You just have to use the Case specific link to Havana to find that they ask that all attached documents must be in English or French... I would not send Spanish version only.

What is your status in Ecas ? Medical received only or In process ?

Thanks
Okay, thanks!

My ecas has stayed the same from the beginning...application received March 5, medicals received.

onelove1

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
hi brooksee,

i posted this in another thread should have been in this one..

i was wonderign what you asked when you emailed the embassy becuase i emailed them twice and have not recieved any reply as yet.... still waiting been 2 weeks...

just to get an idea! im kinda getting impatient and i know we are so close to the finalization!

Brooksee

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 14/13
AOR Received.
Mar 11/13- April 2/13
File Transfer...
Mar 11/13
Med's Done....
Dec 20/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July30/13
VISA ISSUED...
July30/13
LANDED..........
Aug19/13
onelove1 said:
hi brooksee,

i posted this in another thread should have been in this one..

i was wonderign what you asked when you emailed the embassy becuase i emailed them twice and have not recieved any reply as yet.... still waiting been 2 weeks...

just to get an idea! im kinda getting impatient and i know we are so close to the finalization!
[/quote

Hello onelove1,

I think you should give them that info then they don't have to go searching for it.

This is what I wrote the embassy. but I also included mine and my wife's full name and our UCI #'s.

Hello, I would like to inquire about my application status. If I could get an update that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I hope this helps and good luck to you.

Brooksee

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 14/13
AOR Received.
Mar 11/13- April 2/13
File Transfer...
Mar 11/13
Med's Done....
Dec 20/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July30/13
VISA ISSUED...
July30/13
LANDED..........
Aug19/13
If this helps, this is the email address I used to email the embassy.

Havana-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

onelove1

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
hi Brooksee, thanks for the reply...

I actually sent the email twice to that very same address, and included every single detail, so they dont have to go looking and digging for our file, but still nada....hopefully I will get a reply soon.... I see your timeline and its the exact same as mine.... so im really hoping for august visa issue!

Brooksee

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 14/13
AOR Received.
Mar 11/13- April 2/13
File Transfer...
Mar 11/13
Med's Done....
Dec 20/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July30/13
VISA ISSUED...
July30/13
LANDED..........
Aug19/13
I recommend sending in all information and all funds that they require so there are no delays. That is just my opinion. When I submitted my application I submitted all funds and all requirements. All the way from pictures to Passports etc. I gave them everything all at once. My representative said that it could be any day now that they call my wife.

I don't know but if you have not sent in all fees I would recommend it and recommend sending anything and everything that you can to speed up your case. I hope you get a reply from the Embassy soon, keep me posted Will you.

I hope we hear something soon and our partners get their visas.

onelove1

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
hey brooksee!

everything is paid in full....all documents recieved....only thing was we missed one months gap and the lady told my spouse once they receive the revisions it will be directed to the canadian visa officer and then we wait but she did say we were in finalization so all i hope is for it to be soon ..when we least expect it our spouses will get that amazing call!!

Brooksee

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 14/13
AOR Received.
Mar 11/13- April 2/13
File Transfer...
Mar 11/13
Med's Done....
Dec 20/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July30/13
VISA ISSUED...
July30/13
LANDED..........
Aug19/13
What is the way that you are getting your spouse here. I know by plane, but with what airline? and from where in Cuba? what info have you found out about that?