+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

onelove1

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
ELR10 said:
Hi,
I have been following this forum throughout our process but this is my first post. Here is our background information. They received our appplication on February 14, 2013 and I was approved as a sponsor on March 12. My husband got the call from Havana on July 9 for an interview on July 16. He was not asked one question and he was given his visa that day! We are more then thrilled! I know for everyone that is still waiting it is more then difficult not knowing when this process is going to end but know your call is coming soon. I felt like our call was never coming and we had prepared for late fall or even early winter for him to get to Canada.
Hope this gives everyone a glimmer of hope that Havana is working on your application and you will soon be reunited with your loved one!
Can you elaborate a bit? Like when they called they didnt ask for anything to bring with him?

LiaJoi

Apr 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-March-2013
AOR Received.
16-April-2013
File Transfer...
23-April-2013 AOR From Visa Office 7-May-2013
Passport Req..
13-August-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-August-2013
LANDED..........
17-August-2013
ELR10 said:
Hi,
I have been following this forum throughout our process but this is my first post. Here is our background information. They received our appplication on February 14, 2013 and I was approved as a sponsor on March 12. My husband got the call from Havana on July 9 for an interview on July 16. He was not asked one question and he was given his visa that day! We are more then thrilled! I know for everyone that is still waiting it is more then difficult not knowing when this process is going to end but know your call is coming soon. I felt like our call was never coming and we had prepared for late fall or even early winter for him to get to Canada.
Hope this gives everyone a glimmer of hope that Havana is working on your application and you will soon be reunited with your loved one!
Congras to you and your husband!when did havana recived your file?and does anything change in your E-cas?

Brooksee

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 14/13
AOR Received.
Mar 11/13- April 2/13
File Transfer...
Mar 11/13
Med's Done....
Dec 20/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July30/13
VISA ISSUED...
July30/13
LANDED..........
Aug19/13
I emailed the embassy again and this is what they wrote back.

Dear Sir,

Documents were received; payment is updated.
You will be contacted when necessary.

Sincerely,

onelove1

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
hey brooksee, when was that? and when did they reply?

I sent them last week and still nothing, Im actually wondering now why they would reply to other email queries and not mine after numerous attempts...i think I will call them directly.

Brooksee

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 14/13
AOR Received.
Mar 11/13- April 2/13
File Transfer...
Mar 11/13
Med's Done....
Dec 20/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July30/13
VISA ISSUED...
July30/13
LANDED..........
Aug19/13
onelove1 said:
hey brooksee, when was that? and when did they reply?

I sent them last week and still nothing, Im actually wondering now why they would reply to other email queries and not mine after numerous attempts...i think I will call them directly.

Hello onelove1,

I emailed them Friday at 7:30am my time(Alberta) and got an email back at 11:30am my time.

When did they start to look at your app in Havana?

I am thinking that if they aren't at a certain point in the app that maybe that is why! but I don't know for sure.

onelove1

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
april 2nd...

they were already in touch with my spouse i june, to revise schedule 1, there was a gap, also asked if i travelled after i submitted , my spouse said yes, and the lady asked to send my plane tickets along with the revised document....since then we havent heard anything and i emailed them numerous times to see if they infact recieved our documents but no reply....fees already paid in full when i sent off the application in missisaauga, so either they arent replying back to me because they are about to call my spouse or i dont know what else ....

Brooksee

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 14/13
AOR Received.
Mar 11/13- April 2/13
File Transfer...
Mar 11/13
Med's Done....
Dec 20/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July30/13
VISA ISSUED...
July30/13
LANDED..........
Aug19/13
onelove1 said:
april 2nd...

they were already in touch with my spouse i june, to revise schedule 1, there was a gap, also asked if i travelled after i submitted , my spouse said yes, and the lady asked to send my plane tickets along with the revised document....since then we havent heard anything and i emailed them numerous times to see if they infact recieved our documents but no reply....fees already paid in full when i sent off the application in missisaauga, so either they arent replying back to me because they are about to call my spouse or i dont know what else ....

You could vary well be right.

I guess we just will have to wait for that fantastic call!!
My rep said it could be any day for us because of them asking for the landing fee on July1st. I think we may hear something around the same time frame. I went to see the wife in the beginning of may and my lawyer also said to send her the flight info, she then sent it to Havana.

Sometimes I think I am more excited then my wife. She tells me just wait and have relax. We just have to wait. Don't get me wrong,!she is very excited as well but she seems to have that extra calm nerve.

I am hoping this will start to move.

Brooksee

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 14/13
AOR Received.
Mar 11/13- April 2/13
File Transfer...
Mar 11/13
Med's Done....
Dec 20/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July30/13
VISA ISSUED...
July30/13
LANDED..........
Aug19/13
My apologies, they called my wife asking about the landing fee on June24th. So now it has been exactly 4weeks since they asked for it. But they have it now in there system that it has been payed.

onelove1

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
Hopefully we get the calls soon!
They called mu spouse same day as they contactes yours....seems like its the same pile

ELR10

Jul 12, 2013
Hi,
When the VO called my husband they asked him to bring his passport as well as IMM5669 and IMM5406 because they said they did not receive them which I know with 100% certainty they were sent. I emailed these 2 forms directly to them. He received his call on July 9 for an interview on July 16. Our application was received on March 26 in Havana and on June 20 they started processing the application. After he received the phone call for the interview it said medical results received. Hope this helps!

Brooksee

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 14/13
AOR Received.
Mar 11/13- April 2/13
File Transfer...
Mar 11/13
Med's Done....
Dec 20/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July30/13
VISA ISSUED...
July30/13
LANDED..........
Aug19/13
Yes! they maybe working on our apps at the same time and could be the same officer for all we know.

If you hear something, will you please let me know because that may give my spouse and I a better feeling and thought. I will make sure I do the same. I think something is going to happen soon for one of us.

Thank you
brooksee

onelove1

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
ELR10 said:
Hi,
When the VO called my husband they asked him to bring his passport as well as IMM5669 and IMM5406 because they said they did not receive them which I know with 100% certainty they were sent. I emailed these 2 forms directly to them. He received his call on July 9 for an interview on July 16. Our application was received on March 26 in Havana and on June 20 they started processing the application. After he received the phone call for the interview it said medical results received. Hope this helps!

Medical results have been recieved has been appearing on my status from way back when i was approved...
So then your husband didnt even hve an interview even tho they told him when they called it is an interview??

Brooksee

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 14/13
AOR Received.