Med's Done....
02-06-2012
Interview........
24-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
LANDED..........
03-01-2013
DBL RB- Im so sorry hubby did not get the visa yesterday :( I have to say I think we were just very lucky because of the xmas spirit and them being closed for 2 days afterwards. They probably just want to review the info ur hubby handed in and they will call him this week to get him to come back this Thursday or next week at the latest. Remind me where is hubby from again? How long was the interview? I would imagine missing one question would not be enough to refuse a whole application! Especially when you have been together 10 years!!! Just hang in there and your time will come!!! Sending you all my love and prayers and keep us posted on any updates!! :-* :-* :-*

Seems like we have no other interviews scheduled yet from this forum, so come on Havana, give us some phone calls!!

Welcome to the newbies! Greeneyes: hope your son's process continues to be smooth sailing as it has been.

Well I am off to work for the first time in weeeeeeeks and so not into it at ALL. Hubby is still in bed but my father is taking him today for his SIN and medicare card. Hope that all goes smoothly also! Wishing you all the best of Tuesdays, and will be in touch soon! xox

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Double Rainbow said:
Hi Everyone. Hubby feels contented with today's interview as does his Mom. Hubby told me not to worry. They took the new added paperwork they requested today so that is a good sign I think. Hubby told me not to worry and that they told him they would make contact with him este semana. Maybe he will get the call to go back for his visa this week or for perhaps another date. Who knows with them really.He feels he will get the visa in due time.He was a little worried about the 1 question that he did not answer correctly but overall he feels he did well. The 1 question was an important one and he just could not remember, we have almost 10 years together. He answered the question honestly by saying he could not remember and apologized.He was a little nervous too_One would think that should hold some merit? Thankyou so much everyone for your support , thoughts and prayers. I/we appreciate it very much. Another person told me that they thought it was only for an interview and nothing more for today and did not think hubby would receive a visa today. usually it is issued on Thursday's. We just have to hang tight until we hear from Havana again. Hubby still has his passport too. They did not keep it but did request it for today along with today's interview. Again thankyou everyone xoxoxoxoxoxo :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Double Rainbow...a couple of anxious days for you but if he is going again today and they have requested his passport that is not but positive news. Actually it is great news......honestly if he was going to be denied they usually tell you right then and there so this is very good. Hang in there my friend and soon you will be doing the airport pace like the rest of us!!!! Positive thoughts and prayers are being sent your way and keep us posted. :D xoxox

localola

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013 Havana AOR 24-06-2013
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Done....
29-01-2013
Interview........
16-01-2014
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2014
LANDED..........
23-03-2014
sassylassie said:
Merry Christmas! Thanks for the update ;D It has been a while since you posted. Did you want to be added to the spreadsheet? Click the link below my post to see our spreadsheet and send me your dates and i will fill it in for you.
Happy New Year everybody.

I have some news. My husband will travel to Havana January 29 2013 for his Medical Appointment.
SassyLassie can you please create a timeline spreadsheet for me?

Thanks
Localola

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Good Afternoon Cuba Forum: I dislike being on the 2nd page....LOL

Had a great day with hubby yesterday in Toronto. Did the CN Tower thing, Eaton's Centre and a Raptor's game. Also met up with Shuster2210 and hubby and another FB friend!!! It was amazing and awesome and wonderful. The whole day was great from start to end....will except it took me about 20 or 25 mins to find the Gardiner Expressway.....LOL and Yoani was of no help in this situation!!!!

While Christmas was wonderful it still was cooking and cleaning and so much family were as yesterday it was all about us and it felt so good!!!

I see no more news from DR and I hope we hear soon!!!

And Avana....how are things going????

Avana

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2012
AOR Received.
none, approved on 30-08-2012
File Transfer...
30-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-06-2012
Interview........
24-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
LANDED..........
03-01-2013
hey ladies! Been awfully quiet around here, im trying to find the time to come on and discuss but time is speeding by so fast! Thats awesome that you got to meet up with Shuster and her hubby! Im sure the boys enjoyed being together too! We went to go visit a couple that we know here that the husband is from Cuba and the guys had the time of their lives together, and it cheered up hubby a lot. Things are going super well though. Of course hes adjusting and its not always easy, but hes loving it and still not finding the cold or snow so terrible at all! We had other friends over last night for coffee and dessert and it was a good time too. Tmorrow night we have a big dinner planned for all the friends that were at the wedding in cuba, (minus a couple who are out of town) so i think that will be fun too! Hubby has been crazy hard at work, he cant stay home and do nothing so hes been shoveling everything!! our whole patio (I swear it looks like spring when there used to be a good 4-5 feet of snow), and today he cleared a path to the outdoor parking lot and did the whole parking area in the back. A lady from the building even came to thank him!! haha were going to sign him to up to a boxing gym pronto so he at least has smthg to do until the job starts in february! Hes also fixed up and put up the entire surround sound system... lol oh men....

Double Rainbow still nothing from Havana?? Hope you get the good news soon!! and no one else has heard for an interview/PPR? cmon havana!!

Sending all you ladies lots of love!! xoxox

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
Passport Req..
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
Hi Everybody.... :eek: :eek: :eek: We are shocked, very sad, numb We don't even know what to think right now or which direction to even turn :'( :'( :'( :mad: :( :'( :-[I have bad news Hubby has been denied his visa :'( :'( :'(. They called him the next morning and said no visa for you. Why did they not tell him right there and then? Why wait? He said everything went well he answered all of the questions except for 1 and a similar one pertaining to that question which has nothing to do with immigrating here. :mad: Anyways he said the interview was brutal with this Cuban woman. I told him it is not how hard you fall it is how fast you get back up and ready to fight back. I have a representative helping with our sponsorship thank Gawd or we would be sol I think. Anyways we are going to order our CAIPS notes as soon as we get hubby to sign and DHL it back and get my signature. It aint over until it's over.Let the games begin! :mad: We were told that most denials get overturned. The woman said we have alot of proofs etc never looked at them much at all hubby said. They requested this information of futher contiunation of proofs but don't look at it???? Also hubby said she was just waiting for him to screw up and when that 1 question came about she tore a strip off him immediately. Wow! I can't believe this is happening. I am home with the Norwalk virus and an infected eye. I think it is a sty? Never had one of those before I woke up with it. probably from all of this stress. I threw up when I got the news. We both cried on the phone and with his Mom. We thought what would have been a special day for us turned into a nightmare the next day. They even said everything is ok and we will call you this week probably for the visa. It was the same nasty woman that called him the next morning to say no. Why does one have to get married first before sponsoring? If push comes to shove what does one do later if denied again? get an annulment or a divorce? What they should do is what they do in the UK. they allow Cubans to go to England for 6 months on a visitor's visa. I know of a couple that did this and got married there and they are doing an inland app.We are commonwealth with the UK, Austrailia, why can't we do the same. Why force someone to get married first then only get denied? This is wrong on so many levels. I am very upset and very angry right now. Why don't they make sponsored immigrants check in once per month once they are here to make sure everything is going accordingly instead of forcing to marry to sponsor? I love my husband very much as he does me. Thankyou everybody for your support. I love all of you very much. I wish everyone the very best in their process and to everyone that have their hubbies home with them. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* This truly sux!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Double Rainbow said:
Hi Everybody.... :eek: :eek: :eek: We are shocked, very sad, numb We don't even know what to think right now or which direction to even turn :'( :'( :'( :mad: :( :'( :-[I have bad news Hubby has been denied his visa :'(. They called him the next morning and said no visa for you. Why did they not tell him right there and then? Why wait? He said everything went well he answered all of the questions except for 1 and a similar one pertaining to that question which has nothing to do with immigrating here. :mad: Anyways he said the interview was brutal with this woman. I told him it is not how hard you fall it is how fast you get back up and ready to fight back. I have a representative helping with our sponsorship thank Gawd or we would be sol I think. Anyways we are going to order our CAIPS notes as soon as we get hubby to sign and DHL it back and get my signature. It aint over until it's over.Let the games begin! :mad: We were told that most denials get overturned. The woman said we have alot of proofs etc never looked at them much at all hubby said. They requested this information of futher contiunation of proofs but don't look at it???? Also hubby said she was just waiting for him to screw up and when that 1 question came about she tore a strip off him immediately. Wow! I can't believe this is happening. I am home with the Norwalk virus and an infected eye. I think it is a sty? Never had one of those before I woke up with it. probably from all of this stress. I threw up when I got the news. We both cried on the phone and with his Mom. We thought what would have been a special day for us turned into a nightmare the next day. They even said everything is ok and we will call you this week probably for the visa. It was the same nasty woman that called him the next morning to say no. Why does one have to get married first before sponsoring? If push comes to shove what does one do later if denied again? get an annulment or a divorce? What they should do is what they do in the UK. they allow Cubans to go to England for 6 months on a visitor's visa. I know of a couple that did this and got married there and they are doing an inland app.We are commonwealth with the UK, Austrailia, why can't we do the same. Why force someone to get married first then only get denied? This is wrong on so many levels. I am very upset and very angry right now. Why don't they make sponsored immigrants check in once per month once they are here to make sure everything is going accordingly instead of forcing to marry to sponsor? I love my husband very much as he does me. Thankyou everybody for your support. I love all of you very much. I wish everyone the very best in their process and to everyone that have their hubbies home with them. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* This truly sux!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'
Oh Double Rainbow....I am so very very sorry. It seems there is one nasty lady there and she truly makes people suffer and is very mean. Your consultant will get a letter about why they are denying him and then you can appeal. You cannot let people like her ruin your life. Your right it does suck but this is not the end of the line and like you said it aint over till it's over. This is the long road but truly it will be worth it in the end. We are here for you so vent all you want but we will support you and help you all we can. Hugs to you and your husband. xo

sassylassie

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
Double Rainbow said:
Hi Everybody.... :eek: :eek: :eek: We are shocked, very sad, numb We don't even know what to think right now or which direction to even turn :'( :'( :'( :mad: :( :'( :-[I have bad news Hubby has been denied his visa :'( :'( :'(. They called him the next morning and said no visa for you. Why did they not tell him right there and then? Why wait? He said everything went well he answered all of the questions except for 1 and a similar one pertaining to that question which has nothing to do with immigrating here. :mad: Anyways he said the interview was brutal with this Cuban woman. I told him it is not how hard you fall it is how fast you get back up and ready to fight back. I have a representative helping with our sponsorship thank Gawd or we would be sol I think. Anyways we are going to order our CAIPS notes as soon as we get hubby to sign and DHL it back and get my signature. It aint over until it's over.Let the games begin! :mad: We were told that most denials get overturned. The woman said we have alot of proofs etc never looked at them much at all hubby said. They requested this information of futher contiunation of proofs but don't look at it???? Also hubby said she was just waiting for him to screw up and when that 1 question came about she tore a strip off him immediately. Wow! I can't believe this is happening. I am home with the Norwalk virus and an infected eye. I think it is a sty? Never had one of those before I woke up with it. probably from all of this stress. I threw up when I got the news. We both cried on the phone and with his Mom. We thought what would have been a special day for us turned into a nightmare the next day. They even said everything is ok and we will call you this week probably for the visa. It was the same nasty woman that called him the next morning to say no. Why does one have to get married first before sponsoring? If push comes to shove what does one do later if denied again? get an annulment or a divorce? What they should do is what they do in the UK. they allow Cubans to go to England for 6 months on a visitor's visa. I know of a couple that did this and got married there and they are doing an inland app.We are commonwealth with the UK, Austrailia, why can't we do the same. Why force someone to get married first then only get denied? This is wrong on so many levels. I am very upset and very angry right now. Why don't they make sponsored immigrants check in once per month once they are here to make sure everything is going accordingly instead of forcing to marry to sponsor? I love my husband very much as he does me. Thankyou everybody for your support. I love all of you very much. I wish everyone the very best in their process and to everyone that have their hubbies home with them. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* This truly sux!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Dbl.

I am so very sorry to hear this. It is very shocking indeed. I like your thought though. It is not over until it is over. Stay strong bella. And let us know what you need for support. Your positivity is inspiration to all of us. Thank You
hugs

sassylassie

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
localola said:
Happy New Year everybody.

I have some news. My husband will travel to Havana January 29 2013 for his Medical Appointment.
SassyLassie can you please create a timeline spreadsheet for me?

Thanks
Localola
congrats on the movement! i will update the spreadsheet

sassylassie

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
Avana said:
hey ladies! Been awfully quiet around here, im trying to find the time to come on and discuss but time is speeding by so fast! Thats awesome that you got to meet up with Shuster and her hubby! Im sure the boys enjoyed being together too! We went to go visit a couple that we know here that the husband is from Cuba and the guys had the time of their lives together, and it cheered up hubby a lot. Things are going super well though. Of course hes adjusting and its not always easy, but hes loving it and still not finding the cold or snow so terrible at all! We had other friends over last night for coffee and dessert and it was a good time too. Tmorrow night we have a big dinner planned for all the friends that were at the wedding in cuba, (minus a couple who are out of town) so i think that will be fun too! Hubby has been crazy hard at work, he cant stay home and do nothing so hes been shoveling everything!! our whole patio (I swear it looks like spring when there used to be a good 4-5 feet of snow), and today he cleared a path to the outdoor parking lot and did the whole parking area in the back. A lady from the building even came to thank him!! haha were going to sign him to up to a boxing gym pronto so he at least has smthg to do until the job starts in february! Hes also fixed up and put up the entire surround sound system... lol oh men....

Double Rainbow still nothing from Havana?? Hope you get the good news soon!! and no one else has heard for an interview/PPR? cmon havana!!

Sending all you ladies lots of love!! xoxox
love the updates Avana. Love that hubby is settling in so well

Peterpan12

Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2012
AOR Received.
06-2012
File Transfer...
06-2012
Med's Done....
03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully 02-2013
Double Rainbow said:
Having just gone through the pain of separation from my wife and just finishing the 7 months long roller coaster ride of FAM Sponsorship at Beijing VO, I must say I feel truly sorry to hear this... It's so sad when honest and scrupulous citizens get caught up in the bureaucracy because some immoral, rotten people cheat the system to the point where everyone is a suspect...

I hope you two stay strong and don't give up easily... You should start looking at this thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/all-spouse-appeal-cases-come-here-and-join-us-plz-t87619.0.html

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Double Rainbow said:
Double Rainbow, I am so sorry to read that your husband's visa has been denied; this must be such a difficult time for the two of you. I wish you all the best during the appeal process and hope for a positive outcome. May the love that you and your husband have for each other keep you strong as you go through this.

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Double Rainbow said:

hi
i am from the Kingston forum ..... and i have been watching this thread as well i dontreally comment much but i do read often as kjg has become a friend to me since we started this journey around the the same time

i am truely sorry for your refusal ..... it seems like havan is a very difficult embassy like kingston.... i had a friend who husband was also deined due to bs reasons (bad minded vo) my oppion either way she took her case minster kennys office ... she called them and they were very helful with providing her infromation on what steps to take ....
praying for you it breaks my heart to see someone refused ...
Good luck with your appeal and know that not only the havan thread is rooting for you but we over in kingston are praying for you as well

God is control and vo's have no power when God is control

i hope you get better from you illness soon

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Ready....you are an absolute sweetheart!!!! :)

Thank you for your concern and prayers.....we are all in this together with a common goal and some have to take a longer road then others but in the end the reunion is just as sweet if not sweeter!!! :)

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
KJG said:
Ready....you are an absolute sweetheart!!!! :)

Thank you for your concern and prayers.....we are all in this together with a common goal and some have to take a longer road then others but in the end the reunion is just as sweet if not sweeter!!! :)
defiantly true we are all in this together in a common goal ... and no matter what the location of your visa office we are all one big immigration family struggling to survive this process to be with our loved ones
I always say i am grateful for this forum because i found a place to connect with people who understand what i am going trough... truth is not very many people in our everyday life really understand how difficult it is to go through this process... i have had so much support form others on the site and I intend to return the favor and support all that i can in what ever way i can even if it is just words of encouragement....

kjg you are a dolly and i am soo happy to have been acquainted with you hugs