App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
Dbl Rainbow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* GOOD LUCK !!!!! !!!!! !!!! !!!!:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Doin' it up DblRainbow stylz with all the smiliz!!!

Greeneyes

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI Sassy: We usually stay at Iberostar Ensenachos but since the marriage have not because it is a little close to her last job and she is nervous. We have been staying in Santa Clara and travelling all over. Hotel Americas is a newly renovated and the best hotel in Santa Clara. I recommend it highly. We have also stayed at a few casas in Santa Clara. I see that your file was transferred to Havana very close to the same time as my son's. We received AOR November 28th and then confirmation that it had arrived in Havana on December 10th. My son used the Immigroup consultants to help prepare his file. As soon as you hear something I will let my son know that they may be hearing soon. Let's hope time goes by fast for the two of you.

sassylassie

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
Greeneyes said:
HI Sassy: We usually stay at Iberostar Ensenachos but since the marriage have not because it is a little close to her last job and she is nervous. We have been staying in Santa Clara and travelling all over. Hotel Americas is a newly renovated and the best hotel in Santa Clara. I recommend it highly. We have also stayed at a few casas in Santa Clara. I see that your file was transferred to Havana very close to the same time as my son's. We received AOR November 28th and then confirmation that it had arrived in Havana on December 10th. My son used the Immigroup consultants to help prepare his file. As soon as you hear something I will let my son know that they may be hearing soon. Let's hope time goes by fast for the two of you.
Thank you and if you hear something let me know too : ) We actually never received an AOR from Havana....so you may be moving ahead of us. We can keep each other posted : ) Hubby and I have decided now it does not really matter when we hear ( as long as it is before end of year : P ) Since I am free to travel more this year ( mat leave). We just want to be together...where ever. He actually has his own home...and lives on his own so we stay there now. I actually have not stayed more than 2 weeks at a time so I may change my attitude after this next extended stay (aprox 3 months) and say GET HIM TO CANADA RIGHT AWAY...I cannot stand Cuba anymore. lol

Greeneyes

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will let you know right away if we hear anything Sassie. I knew about the baby as I have been reading this thread for a while....Congratulations to the both of you. Three months in Cuba wow! It will be nice to be with your hubby as a family. My son has a hard time getting time off to visit his wife. He has worked at his job for only about 3 years and only gets two weeks holiday although he does bank time and it made him able to visit several times last year but only a week at a time so it is hard for them both. I hear ya on not liking Cuba. So difficult in many ways to get anything done or to find the things that we can find easily and the prices....way inflated. There is potential for business opportunities though. Does your husband live in Santa Clara? My son's wife can't wait to leave. She lives on her own in Santa Clara but visits family very often. Without work her days are long and we just found out her computer broke and now she doesn't even have anything to watch her DVD's on. She has no TV. I may try for a quick jaunt down to visit her and her family in February.

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
Greeneyes said:
I will let you know right away if we hear anything Sassie. I knew about the baby as I have been reading this thread for a while....Congratulations to the both of you. Three months in Cuba wow! It will be nice to be with your hubby as a family. My son has a hard time getting time off to visit his wife. He has worked at his job for only about 3 years and only gets two weeks holiday although he does bank time and it made him able to visit several times last year but only a week at a time so it is hard for them both. I hear ya on not liking Cuba. So difficult in many ways to get anything done or to find the things that we can find easily and the prices....way inflated. There is potential for business opportunities though. Does your husband live in Santa Clara? My son's wife can't wait to leave. She lives on her own in Santa Clara but visits family very often. Without work her days are long and we just found out her computer broke and now she doesn't even have anything to watch her DVD's on. She has no TV. I may try for a quick jaunt down to visit her and her family in February.
Hi Greeneyes :)
I am also a mom watching here for my son's sponsorship of his wife.
Reading your posts brings back so many memories... we stayed at Ensenachos a couple of times... it was called Royal Hideaway when we were there.
Good luck to your son and his wife.

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
Hi Everyone Thankyou for your good luck wishes positive thoughts for hubby's interview today. Hubby did not receive his visa today. :'( I just talked with him and his Mom and hubby got all of the answers correct except 1 question and they told him they will call him later this week. Well at least they did not say no to him. Hubby was saying there was a Cuban woman translating everything and she was no good he said and no sooner he gave only 1 wrong answer she was all over him. :( :mad:

Greeneyes

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am so sorry to hear the news about hubby's interview Double Rainbow. Keep the faith that by the end of the week all be be okay. It is scary though for those waiting for an interview and afraid to say the wrong things. I will be thinking of you this week and send positive vibes your way.

CDN Mom....nice to hear from you. We have been travelling to Cuba for many years and had many trips to Royal Hideaway before it became Iberostar...Love it there. Has your son filed the sponsorship papers and if so how long have you been waiting?

Luvcuba

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2012
AOR Received.
12-07-2012
File Transfer...
16-07-2012
Interview........
25-10-2012 & 20-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-12
LANDED..........
07-02-13
Double Rainbow said:
Hi Everyone Thankyou for your good luck wishes positive thoughts for hubby's interview today. Hubby did not receive his visa today. :'( I just talked with him and his Mom and hubby got all of the answers correct except 1 question and they told him they will call him later this week. Well at least they did not say no to him. Hubby was saying there was a Cuban woman translating everything and she was no good he said and no sooner he gave only 1 wrong answer she was all over him. :( :mad:
Stay positve Double Rainbow. My hubby didn't get the same day; he was given 60 days to provide additional document. The officer probably has to talk to superior. Was the question material to immigration?

Big hugs

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
Keep the faith Double Rainbow :)
Praying for a positive response within the week

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
Greeneyes said:
I am so sorry to hear the news about hubby's interview Double Rainbow. Keep the faith that by the end of the week all be be okay. It is scary though for those waiting for an interview and afraid to say the wrong things. I will be thinking of you this week and send positive vibes your way.

CDN Mom....nice to hear from you. We have been travelling to Cuba for many years and had many trips to Royal Hideaway before it became Iberostar...Love it there. Has your son filed the sponsorship papers and if so how long have you been waiting?
We absolutely loved it when it was Royal Hideaway... haven't been back since it changed ownership.
My son's application was rec'd in Mississauga on Christmas Eve... we are hoping for a quick turnaround time
Cuba holds a special place in our hearts... we loved the Cuban people we met on our vacations there :)

Greeneyes

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CDN Mom It is not the same since it changed hands but we love the people and the beach is to die for. My son's application went into Mississauga Nov. 16 and was approved very quickly by November 28th. The file has been in Havana since December 10 and so now we wait. Is your son's wife from the Santa Clara area?

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
Greeneyes said:
CDN Mom It is not the same since it changed hands but we love the people and the beach is to die for. My son's application went into Mississauga Nov. 16 and was approved very quickly by November 28th. The file has been in Havana since December 10 and so now we wait. Is your son's wife from the Santa Clara area?
No Greeneyes...my son's wife is from Thailand...
We are hoping to have a quick approval
Too bad it isn't the same since the ownership change :(

sassylassie

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
Greeneyes said:
Oh so must be so bored : ( My husband is from just outside Santa Clara. We spend a lot of time in Santa Clara though. So must be so bored.

Thanks I look forward to the updates!!

sassylassie

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
Double Rainbow said:
Dbl! I am so sorry it was not issued today. Do you get the sense that they will call him back for his visa for Thursday? I cannot imagine one question is a deal breaker?! Who knows though?! I will continue to send positive thoughts hubbys way. I wish you both the courage and strength to get through the next few days until you hear back from havana

xoxoxo

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
Hi Everyone. Hubby feels contented with today's interview as does his Mom. Hubby told me not to worry. They took the new added paperwork they requested today so that is a good sign I think. Hubby told me not to worry and that they told him they would make contact with him este semana. Maybe he will get the call to go back for his visa this week or for perhaps another date. Who knows with them really.He feels he will get the visa in due time.He was a little worried about the 1 question that he did not answer correctly but overall he feels he did well. The 1 question was an important one and he just could not remember, we have almost 10 years together. He answered the question honestly by saying he could not remember and apologized.He was a little nervous too_One would think that should hold some merit? Thankyou so much everyone for your support , thoughts and prayers. I/we appreciate it very much. Another person told me that they thought it was only for an interview and nothing more for today and did not think hubby would receive a visa today. usually it is issued on Thursday's. We just have to hang tight until we hear from Havana again. Hubby still has his passport too. They did not keep it but did request it for today along with today's interview. Again thankyou everyone xoxoxoxoxoxo :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*