02-06-2012
Interview........
24-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
LANDED..........
03-01-2013
sassylassie said:
Wow!! That sound like an amazing night Avana!! I assume he was the centre of attention because of his amazing Cuban dance moves?! Its in their blood...I am so jealous!

Question ladies...can you all dance and keep up with your men?? I totally lack the confidence on the dance floor! I keep asking hubby to teach me and he says he will...we have never had time for anything more than very basic moves. 6 weeks leading up to the wedding my bestie and I did self taught salsa lessons from youtube every wed night...thinking oh! we are gonna impress him on the dance floor! Well the reception was so busy, neither hubby or I had time to even dance....he was running around getting more beer and rum. We were both busy talking to people and serving food! It was a great party...but no time for really showing my (bad) salsa steps. My bestie did great though! She was dancing all night! lol

I hope everyone had a great weekend

Less than 24 hrs Dbl!! As Avana says keep us posted as soon as you can!
Your right on Sassy, hubby was dancing up a storm and became the center of attention... lol He's so musically talented its amazing. My father gave him his old guitar today and he hasnt put it down yet... he plays piano and guitar, sings and dances. Anything musical and he's a star at it... lol The ONLY skill I could possibly have is dance! I have done dance most of my life. I pick up dance pretty quickly. I actually took private salsa lessons before i met hubby, and the day after we met hubby came to get me to dance salsa expecting I would know nothing and he was impressed with the fact I knew anything at all. That was 4 years ago now so I have gotten pretty good at keeping up with hubby over the years! I can't compare to his amazingness but he insists im much better than I believe! Hes an amazing leader and teacher and can teach anyone so I think anything I can do in the salsa regards I owe to him. we danced 3 salsa songs in a row last night and wanted to die because ppl were staring.. lol its all about following him, and its the only part of our relationship that I give him allllll the power and leadership... hahahah

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
Luvcuba said:
Thinking of you Double Rainbow. Can't wait to hear the great news tomorrow.

I'm busy getting ready for hubby. I actually painted the small bathroom yesterday; never painted before.....What we don't do for love.

:-*
Thankyou soooooo much Luvcuba :-* :D ;) xoxoxoxoxo Wow! :eek:I have never painted before either so my hat is off to you :D. I am sure it looks great :D. Good for you :-* :D

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
Avana said:
Your right on Sassy, hubby was dancing up a storm and became the center of attention... lol He's so musically talented its amazing. My father gave him his old guitar today and he hasnt put it down yet... he plays piano and guitar, sings and dances. Anything musical and he's a star at it... lol The ONLY skill I could possibly have is dance! I have done dance most of my life. I pick up dance pretty quickly. I actually took private salsa lessons before i met hubby, and the day after we met hubby came to get me to dance salsa expecting I would know nothing and he was impressed with the fact I knew anything at all. That was 4 years ago now so I have gotten pretty good at keeping up with hubby over the years! I can't compare to his amazingness but he insists im much better than I believe! Hes an amazing leader and teacher and can teach anyone so I think anything I can do in the salsa regards I owe to him. we danced 3 salsa songs in a row last night and wanted to die because ppl were staring.. lol its all about following him, and its the only part of our relationship that I give him allllll the power and leadership... hahahah
Awwww Wow! Mr. Avana is very talented and you are too with your years of dance as well. A match made in Heaven :D

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
Greeneyes said:
Well hello Everyone.
I have been following this thread for a while now and sharing in the excitement of all of you as your loved one finally gets the word to join you in Canada. I am writing this from a different angle. My son married a Cuban woman on August 20, 2012. They met over 2 years ago when my husband and I were renewing our vows after 30 years of marriage. We have grown to love his wife very much and can't wait for her to arrive so they can start their lives together in Canada. The wedding was so beautiful and I cried like a baby as she looked like a princess. His sponsorship file was received by CIC in Mississauga on November 16th. We were thrilled to hear that is was approved on November 28th which is less than two weeks. The file was received in Havana on December 10 and now we wait. My son's wife is not working anymore and the days are long for her so we hope things proceed quickly but no it is out of our control. Congratulations to all those have been recently re-united and are now on Canadian soil. Good luck to Double Rainbow for tomorrow.
Awww Thankyou so very much Greeneyes :D. Congratulations of your son's marriage! :D I hope your he has a breezy, speedy process ;D and welcome to the Havana Thread :D

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
I am thinking of you DDG and I hope and pray you receive good news very soon xoxoxoxoxo :-* I am sending ((((((( big hugs to you )))))) and positives vibes your way :)

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Double Rainbow....sending you hugs today to you and your hubby...prayers and positive thoughts...he we nail that interview and get his visa....!!!!!

Avana....wow.....I am so so so happy for you!! It is an amazing feeling...and even when the "transition blues" set it LOL....it is still so very good!!!

DDG....your call is coming don't you worry.......it will be soon!!!!

Shuster....well what can I say.......I think you are still smiling!!!!!

Going to the Raptors game on Wednesday....we have platinum seats and Yoani is like a kid in a candy store.....took the day off work so we can spend it in Toronto....he really hasn't been there yet!!!! I am more excited that the hockey strike is over and I can try and find tickets to an NHL game....not a big fan of basketball but I love hockey!!!!!

Welcome Greeneyes to the forum. Hopefully we will be of some help and support to you!!!!!

Well it is Monday and let us hope phone calls, visas and landings are aplenty this week!!!! Havana has been doing pretty good and it would be nice to see them keep it up.

Greeneyes

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the welcomes. Anxiously waiting to hear the good news from Double Rainbow. Can anyone help this non techie person. How do I add that Cuban flag circle? I would also like to add the details as seen on the left side of everyone's profiles. Thanks in advance. Hope everyone is having a great day.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Greeneyes said:
Thanks for the welcomes. Anxiously waiting to hear the good news from Double Rainbow. Can anyone help this non techie person. How do I add that Cuban flag circle? I would also like to add the details as seen on the left side of everyone's profiles. Thanks in advance. Hope everyone is having a great day.
Hey Greeneyes if you go to the profile tab at the top of the page you can add the flag....to add details on the side bar you need to have 10 posts first so start typing!! LOL...

So where is your daughter-in-law from in Cuba??? And where are you in Canada? :D

Greeneyes

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks...My daughter-in-law lives in Santa Clara but was born in Santo Domingo where her family lives. I live in the Georgetown area in Ontario but my son and his wife will have a home in Milton, Ontario. He is so excited for her to join him and is painting a room in her favourite colour with pictures of family and friends from home. Our lives have changed so much since we met her and her family. We have grown to appreciate everything we have here.

Good Morning, Avana congrats on hubby's arrival. That is just amazing!! :D
No call from Havana just yet ::)
I am ready to order my notes and need a little help. On the form IMM5563E it says to pay by credit card to click on the link but once I do that I am a little lost. Can someone guide me please.
Also below information requested obviously this is my husband's information I am putting in right? Now I am lost with electronic files or physical files??? Am I filling out both???
Sorry for all the questions just want to make sure I am doing this right. Thanks for all your help and have a great day everyone :D

ohhhh Double Rainbow Good luck today!!!!

sassylassie

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
Luvcuba said:
Thinking of you Double Rainbow. Can't wait to hear the great news tomorrow.

I'm busy getting ready for hubby. I actually painted the small bathroom yesterday; never painted before.....What we don't do for love.

:-*
Hubby will really appreciate everything you are doing for him Luv! Good job on the DIY work! Keep busy and Feb 7 will come so quick!

sassylassie

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
Avana said:

it is funny you say this because my husband always says" Baby you are the boss at everything...but I am the boss on the dance floor and in the bedroom!!!" Uh ok! :p <---------that is for KJG weeeee!

sassylassie

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
Greeneyes said:
Welcome Greeneyes!!! Amazing your son's file is moving so quick! What a blessing they have your support, that makes a world off difference in such a difficult situation. I wish you and your son/daughter in law a fast process so they can be reunited quickly.

Do you guys stay at resorts on the Cayo Santa Maria? Since your Daughter in Law is from Santa Clara? Hubby is also from Santa Clara area. What resorts have you stayed at?? I have been on a couple and the Melia's are my Fav. Stayed at Memories too...a lil disappointing.

Have a great day!

sassylassie

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
KJG said:
Double Rainbow....sending you hugs today to you and your hubby...prayers and positive thoughts...he we nail that interview and get his visa....!!!!!

Avana....wow.....I am so so so happy for you!! It is an amazing feeling...and even when the "transition blues" set it LOL....it is still so very good!!!

DDG....your call is coming don't you worry.......it will be soon!!!!

Shuster....well what can I say.......I think you are still smiling!!!!!

Going to the Raptors game on Wednesday....we have platinum seats and Yoani is like a kid in a candy store.....took the day off work so we can spend it in Toronto....he really hasn't been there yet!!!! I am more excited that the hockey strike is over and I can try and find tickets to an NHL game....not a big fan of basketball but I love hockey!!!!!

Welcome Greeneyes to the forum. Hopefully we will be of some help and support to you!!!!!

Well it is Monday and let us hope phone calls, visas and landings are aplenty this week!!!! Havana has been doing pretty good and it would be nice to see them keep it up.
Have a big time! I have been to the Raptors twice this year...even if you are not a fan it is always fun!

sassylassie

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
ppsandy79 said:
Good Morning, Avana congrats on hubby's arrival. That is just amazing!! :D
No call from Havana just yet ::)
I am ready to order my notes and need a little help. On the form IMM5563E it says to pay by credit card to click on the link but once I do that I am a little lost. Can someone guide me please.
Also below information requested obviously this is my husband's information I am putting in right? Now I am lost with electronic files or physical files??? Am I filling out both???
Sorry for all the questions just want to make sure I am doing this right. Thanks for all your help and have a great day everyone :D

ohhhh Double Rainbow Good luck today!!!!
Cannot Help on ordering the notes...but I will send extra positive thoughts your way... you are due to get a call from Havana anytime time!!! *fingers crossed*