+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

CRZN

Jun 11, 2012
KJG said:
well that sucks :( so it will be up to this thread to keep me sane.......!!!!!!
:) that's why am here. BTW thank you for posting this thread, not many to do with Cuba out there.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
CRZN said:
:) that's why am here. BTW thank you for posting this thread, not many to do with Cuba out there.
yes and I for one am glad you are here... :)

and I find that strange since everytime I go to Cuba I meet at least 3 or 4 couples and they are in the middle of sponsoring....but then again I found this forum by accident only about 3 weeks ago......and I was so so glad I did!!!

well I am off to email my husband and then text him good night...have a great night yourself and maybe some more chat tomorrow!!!!

CRZN

Jun 11, 2012
KJG said:
yes and I for one am glad you are here... :)

and I find that strange since everytime I go to Cuba I meet at least 3 or 4 couples and they are in the middle of sponsoring....but then again I found this forum by accident only about 3 weeks ago......and I was so so glad I did!!!

well I am off to email my husband and then text him good night...have a great night yourself and maybe some more chat tomorrow!!!!
Thank you KJG. All support is great while going through this process, it can be super ovewhelming at times. I had found this forum a while ago, and found nothing about Cuba, so was going to open a thread, but am glad you did first. At least we have a source where we can vent, my husband is having a hard time with us being apart, and the only way for him to relieve the stress is with me and fam. Hope your husband is handling it better.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
CRZN said:
Thank you KJG. All support is great while going through this process, it can be super ovewhelming at times. I had found this forum a while ago, and found nothing about Cuba, so was going to open a thread, but am glad you did first. At least we have a source where we can vent, my husband is having a hard time with us being apart, and the only way for him to relieve the stress is with me and fam. Hope your husband is handling it better.
Yoani doesn't like being apart either....but he keeps himself busy with family, work and music so that is good. We email everyday and text so there is constant communication and I can't imagine not having that. Oh just got your PM....thanks!!!!! :D

CRZN

Jun 11, 2012
KJG said:
Yoani doesn't like being apart either....but he keeps himself busy with family, work and music so that is good. We email everyday and text so there is constant communication and I can't imagine not having that. Oh just got your PM....thanks!!!!! :D
Am glad to hear that KJG. I text my husband throught out the day and he texts me too but not as much, you know how expensive it can get. Sometimes my texts dont get to him, so I have to use a paid service to text. Its frustrating. Communication is not easy to Cuba.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
CRZN said:
Am glad to hear that KJG. I text my husband throught out the day and he texts me too but not as much, you know how expensive it can get. Sometimes my texts dont get to him, so I have to use a paid service to text. Its frustrating. Communication is not easy to Cuba.
yes I know......the whole time the Pope was there none of my texts went through and the one's Yoani sent me I did not get but of course they still charged him......I just got on a new plan with rogers and for $20 a month unlimited international texting from Canada....so that has been great cause before I used to text just once a day but now I can text when a thought pops up or something happens that I want to share right away.......we both love sports so when watching eurocup or baseball I constantly text him!!!!!

CRZN

Jun 11, 2012
KJG said:
yes I know......the whole time the Pope was there none of my texts went through and the one's Yoani sent me I did not get but of course they still charged him......I just got on a new plan with rogers and for $20 a month unlimited international texting from Canada....so that has been great cause before I used to text just once a day but now I can text when a thought pops up or something happens that I want to share right away.......we both love sports so when watching eurocup or baseball I constantly text him!!!!!
Tha'ts great, I use Fido and its free international texting, but like I said sometimes my texts dont go through to Cuba, dont know if its fido or Cuba to blame. it will go on like this for weeks and then go back to normal. Could be Fido cause I really take advantage of the texting and use the service to the max lol.....

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
CRZN said:
Tha'ts great, I use Fido and its free international texting, but like I said sometimes my texts dont go through to Cuba, dont know if its fido or Cuba to blame. it will go on like this for weeks and then go back to normal. Could be Fido cause I really take advantage of the texting and use the service to the max lol.....
oh I would say combination of both........Cuba is just horrible with their service and sometimes they just block everything but what bugs me is that on our end it says the text has gone through yet it is never received.....oh well I am sure we could spend a day talking about the services in Cuba!!!! lol......

thanks again for the pm......awesome site!!!!! ;D

CRZN

Jun 11, 2012
KJG said:
oh I would say combination of both........Cuba is just horrible with their service and sometimes they just block everything but what bugs me is that on our end it says the text has gone through yet it is never received.....oh well I am sure we could spend a day talking about the services in Cuba!!!! lol......

thanks again for the pm......awesome site!!!!! ;D
lol. I know what you mean :)
Am sure you'll find that page very usefull and at the same time help others with your experience aswell. :)
Well i have to get going to work now, so have a great day and keep me updated with your process, I will do the same. TTYL

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Happy Canada Day !!!!!!! ;D

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Good Morning Cuba Thread.....if anyone has any movement on their file this week let us know.......my elation over receiving my approval has gone and now I am waiting for "in process" to pop up on ecas........!!!!!

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Well CIC has updated their site...working on apps received April 2nd with a 92 day wait......actual times makes sense!!!

Day 15 since my file was sent to Havana and am already impatient!!!! :p

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
so many views.....but so little comments!!!!! ;)

shuster2210

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
July 9th 2012
Med's Done....
January 31st 2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Nov-1-2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully December 3rd
Kjg...
You should def call Rogers and get the free international text plan. Don't know any company now that doesnt do free international texting, fight for it and you should get it!

CRZN

Jun 11, 2012
KJG said:
Good Morning Cuba Thread.....if anyone has any movement on their file this week let us know.......my elation over receiving my approval has gone and now I am waiting for "in process" to pop up on ecas........!!!!!
Hey KJG,

The Hav office is requesting my husbands passport, no mention of interview. We are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy! :)
Not paying the RPRF upfront delayed the process 2 months. for those that are in the process of applying, make sure you Pay all your fees when you submit your application, otherwise expect delays.