May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
7 Month wait! tip to toe! Good Luck EVERYONE!
MrsHubby said:
i'm trying to remember. I'm not sure if he needs a ticket. I usually just give my passport, and they have the info in the system. does he know someone with email? U could print it to pdf and email it to him. Nice problem to have now, isn't it ;)
I knowwwww.... 2 years of long distance relationship with no internet capability... Traveling back and forth... Language barriers and culture shock. 5kilo application package.. Waiting game of 7 months... EASY!!!!

HOW TO GET HIM HIS TICKET? #IMPOSSIBLE haaahaahaha

YHYY

Aug 10, 2014
Hi Brito,

Very helpful information. Thank you!
What do you mean the medical exam is sent directly? To where?

Yes I have my papers completed. Thankfully! Lol.

I can't wait for our big day!

;D

Brito623 said:
Hi YHYY,

When I got married last year the paperwork was processed by the Notaria Nacional in the town that we were married. This was the same person who performed our ceremony. They completed all the paperwork and it was ready for pickup a few weeks later. Once the paperwork was ready my husband sent the paperwork to Canada so that I could file. In addition to the marriage licence, my husband sent me his completed medical and police record check. All in all it took a few weeks for everything to be ready.

You will need the original birth certificate, medical completion form - medical report is sent directly, police certificate, photos, copy of ID card and marriage certificate. To complete the medical your fiancé needs to call the office in Havana to schedule. It usually take a month to get an appointment. A really helpful document is IMM 3909.

I hope this is helpful, and I am sure you have taken care of all the wedding paperwork that needs to be done in Canada with the Cuban Consulate.

Best of luck and congratulations

Medical office information:

The following Panel Physicians are available in this country - ordered by city:
City: la Habana
Name: Medical Team Cuba
Address: Hospital Docente Dr. Enrique Cabrera (Hospital Nacional),
Calzada de Aldabo No 1117,
Esq E Altahabana,
Boyeros,
Telephone: (53 7) 6471178
Spoken Languages: Spanish

YHYY

Aug 10, 2014
Hi Dory!

Congrats! So happy for you!
How long was your process?

;D

debt said:
Hi there, my husband had his interview Jan. 26/15 & it was successful. That same day I paid the Permanent Residence Fee (I'm not keen on giving anyone $490 before I have to). I have emailed both the Havana & Mississauga offices to find out when he can pick up his Visa - still no answer? Any thoughts?
Also, what are the next steps once he gets his Visa, how soon can we make plans to get him to Canada?
Thanks for your help.

YHYY

Aug 10, 2014
Hi justagirrl,

Thank you for the info! Very helpful. My fiance was told to call back Friday to schedule the medical examination.
We still have time before our wedding.

Hopefully your process is coming along!

;D

justagirrl said:
1. I never left Cuba with my marriage certificate. I got married in Varadero and my husband had to wait a couple weeks before being able to pick it up. He then had to take the document to Havana to be legalized. He sent it back to me in Canada with a friend of ours.

2. You need to schedule the medical exam as soon as possible as it takes about a month to get in. The exam is good for 1 year. If your husband has kids, they need to get an exam too even if they are not coming with him. You will need original copies of his birth certificate (translated to English), police certificate (translated to English) and your marriage certificate (translated to English). You will also need the original copy of the medical report form IMM 1017B that the doctor gives to you husband after the exam is complete.

Brito623

Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2014
Doc's Request.
23-10-2014
AOR Received.
06-10-2014
File Transfer...
16-10-2014
Med's Request
Submitted in Advance
Med's Done....
18-06-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2015
LANDED..........
01-04-2015
YHYY said:
Hi Brito,

Very helpful information. Thank you!
What do you mean the medical exam is sent directly? To where?

Yes I have my papers completed. Thankfully! Lol.

I can't wait for our big day!

;D
The medical doctor in Havana will send the completed medical report directly to immigration Canada. When your fiancé makes the appointment the office will inform him/her what to bring on the day of the appointment. There is a form that my husband took to the office, but I can't remember if they used it or not. A few things I remember the office asking him to bring included: his medical records, which listed vaccines, etc. and a few pictures. These are the same as the visa pictures (head shots).

Here are a few form numbers that may help:

Photo Specifications: 5445
Medical Report Form: IMM 1017

Have a great evening,

Quick update - I just pulled out my files and the medical form you receive directly from the doctor in Havana is call the "Upfront Medical Report" IMM 1017. The doctor gave it to him filled out. It is in English and Spanish - pretty basic with no medical information on it.

Brito623

Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2014
Doc's Request.
23-10-2014
AOR Received.
06-10-2014
File Transfer...
16-10-2014
Med's Request
Submitted in Advance
Med's Done....
18-06-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2015
LANDED..........
01-04-2015
Mrs.DoryBaby said:
I knowwwww.... 2 years of long distance relationship with no internet capability... Traveling back and forth... Language barriers and culture shock. 5kilo application package.. Waiting game of 7 months... EASY!!!!

HOW TO GET HIM HIS TICKET? #IMPOSSIBLE haaahaahaha
Wow! I couldn't image doing this without internet :( Again, congratulations!!

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
YHYY said:
Hi Dory!

Congrats! So happy for you!
How long was your process?

;D
Hi YHYY:

Thanks so much!!!

SO I submitted June 25th, to the CIC in Missisauga.

ALL IN ALL... just a little over 7 months, TIP TO TOE... HONESTLY I think if we had submitted a week or two earlier we would have been even sooner but XMAS HOLIDAYS SLOWED US DOWN... Nevertheless... IT IS TRUE WHAT THEY SAY... all the suffering and waiting, not knowing and stress sorta just blows away with that first breath of releif.

X0X... How long have you been in this process? It's not easy I know.

MrsHubby

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2014
Nomination.....
SA - August 26, 2014
AOR Received.
(Havana Only) September 18, 2014
IELTS Request
CSQ - September 30, 2014
File Transfer...
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
August 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 27, 2014
Interview........
Requested February 24, Appt. March 24, 2015
Passport Req..
March 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2015
LANDED..........
April 16, 2015
debt said:
Hi there, my husband had his interview Jan. 26/15 & it was successful. That same day I paid the Permanent Residence Fee (I'm not keen on giving anyone $490 before I have to). I have emailed both the Havana & Mississauga offices to find out when he can pick up his Visa - still no answer? Any thoughts?
Also, what are the next steps once he gets his Visa, how soon can we make plans to get him to Canada?
Thanks for your help.
Congrats! I suspect the next step would be for them to contact you to tell him when he needs to bring his passport for the visa. I'm assuming they would not give it to him the same day if there was a payment outstanding.

MrsHubby

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2014
Nomination.....
SA - August 26, 2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
CSQ - September 30, 2014
File Transfer...
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
August 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 27, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
March 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2015
LANDED..........
April 16, 2015
We got our second set of GCMS notes and (drum roll.....) NOTHING! Not a single thing was done on his application since Sept 26,2014. The notes show the EXACT same thing as what we got in November. There are not words for how disappointed we both are. It's devastating to see that no one even touched the application, or even assigned something to someone since Sept 26. 4 months of complete stagnation.

I talked to my MP, who talked to someone in Ottawa, and all they can say is, "there are no problems with the application. Everything is good". Very frustrating when I can tell that things are moving in Havana now, which is so AWESOME but for some reason, ours is not. Our 3 year anniversary is on Monday, and then Valentines day on Saturday. It's all not making this any easier. (Rant over. crying over... not yet).

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
MrsHubby said:
We got our second set of GCMS notes and (drum roll.....) NOTHING! Not a single thing was done on his application since Sept 26,2014. The notes show the EXACT same thing as what we got in November. There are not words for how disappointed we both are. It's devastating to see that no one even touched the application, or even assigned something to someone since Sept 26. 4 months of complete stagnation.

I talked to my MP, who talked to someone in Ottawa, and all they can say is, "there are no problems with the application. Everything is good". Very frustrating when I can tell that things are moving in Havana now, which is so AWESOME but for some reason, ours is not. Our 3 year anniversary is on Monday, and then Valentines day on Saturday. It's all not making this any easier. (Rant over. crying over... not yet).
Hey MrsHubby!

I can only imagine how you feel right now. Send them an email – they will answer you either the same day or the next day.

Express your concern, hopefully they can let you know at least if there has been a hiccup!

Sometimes the investigation is what holds everything up, and it is not necessarily a bad thing… sometimes it could be just a matter of references not checking out, or past employers not having yet confirmed history.

I am praying for you.

Really and truly.

i

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
can someone help me... i 'd like to put my timeline in the left hand side of my profile? HELP PLEASE 8)

MrsHubby

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2014
Nomination.....
SA - August 26, 2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
CSQ - September 30, 2014
File Transfer...
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
August 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 27, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
March 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2015
LANDED..........
April 16, 2015
Mrs.DoryBaby said:
can someone help me... i 'd like to put my timeline in the left hand side of my profile? HELP PLEASE 8)
click on the profile tab at the top right. On the left hand side, under Modify Profile, select "Forum Profile Information". This should give you a list of things to fill out. I think that's what you are asking about...

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
MrsHubby said:
click on the profile tab at the top right. On the left hand side, under Modify Profile, select "Forum Profile Information". This should give you a list of things to fill out. I think that's what you are asking about...
ur the best! done!

justagirrl

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Doc's Request.
26-08-2014
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
07-08-2014
Med's Request
up front
Med's Done....
06-06-2014
Passport Req..
21-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
MrsHubby said:

:(
Did they at least say on the notes that they received your new Schedule A? If it makes you feel any better, there was no action on mine since September when I ordered in December.

I think everything should still be ok. Your hubby would be next in line of our group to get the call, yes?

Fingers crossed for you!

MrsHubby

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2014
Nomination.....
SA - August 26, 2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
CSQ - September 30, 2014
File Transfer...
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
August 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 27, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
March 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2015
LANDED..........
April 16, 2015
justagirrl said:
:(
Did they at least say on the notes that they received your new Schedule A?

I think everything should still be ok. Your hubby would be next in line of our group to get the call, yes?

Fingers crossed for you!
no, they didn't have that they rec'd the new form. It was literally an exact copy of the other notes, but with a different run date.i had to check because i actually thought they may have sent the same one as before. Based on everyone's timeline, we should be next. We're trying so hard to stay hopeful. It's a hard time of year to find hope. Winter blues and no vacation time left, our 3rd anniversary, Valentine's day, and over all missing the hell out of him is taking it's toll. Your husbands getting their visas is the stribg of hope we are holding onto. It proves there is life in the havana office.

When is your husband coming to canada?