Passport Req..
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
picachicha said:
Hey guys!

I've been approved since September 26th. App was sent mid July...

Nothing yet! Not even a change in my ECAS. :mad:

Tired of waiting!! I've been reading this for a while and get really happy when one of you receives good news. ;D
You should hear something very soon as I was approved September 17th 2012. App was sent July 05th and CIC-M received it July 06th. You are not far behind me picachicha. Best of luck to you :D

picachicha

Jan 7, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-12
AOR Received.
Never!!!
File Transfer...
26-09-12
Med's Done....
08-05-12
Interview........
None!!!
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-13
LANDED..........
Soon! :)
Double Rainbow said:
You should hear something very soon as I was approved September 17th 2012. App was sent July 05th and CIC-M received it July 06th. You are not far behind me picachicha. Best of luck to you :D
Thank-you Double Rainbow! Your husband's interview is coming up really soon! Sending good vibes your way! :D

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
picachicha said:
Thank-you Double Rainbow! Your husband's interview is coming up really soon! Sending good vibes your way! :D
Your welcome picachica! :D Thankyou for your good vibes my way too Awwwwwww :-* :D xoxoxo Yes,the countdown is on for hubby's interview day. *** Happy** New** Year ** 2013** :-* Wishing you the very best :D

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
:D :-* *** Happy** New*** Year** Everyone*** 2013*** Wishing all of you a very Happy,Healthy 2013! I wish and hope that all of you will be reunited with your spouses in not too long of a wait. Thankyou so very much everyone for all of your help here. Have a wonderful New Year's Day everyone. :D God Bless xoxoxoxo :-* :D

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Good Morning Cuba Thread!!! Hope everyone had a Happy New Year both here and in Cuba!!! Back to work today and probably some normal routine which is nice!!!

Welcome picachica....this thread should help you get through the hard times and the waiting process.....you are allowed to vent, cry, laugh and share all you want here. It is the most awesome forum and a place everyone truly understands what you go through as we all have one time or another!!!!

Hey Sassy so happy for you that your flight is booked for Cuba and that your special bundle of joy is doing well. And no worries....travelling with an infant and luggage....well why it is not great it is doable and you will handle it with the positive attitude you have. Keep a smile on your face and plenty of people will help!!!!

Double Rainbow you are a shining star and I look forward to your posts!!!

Shuster2210 so glad to hear hubby's landing was smooth and you guys had a good Christmas!!!!

Hoping to hear from DDG soon!!!

So my husband just texted me......he passed his written driver's test today!!! Because he was a licensed driver from Cuba but we did not get a letter from the Cuban Government saying how long he drove for he had to write the test here and do the road test and then he is at a G2 level for one year and then he can become fully licensed!! But the driving is easy it was the written exam! BTW and for everyone's info they can take the written test in Spanish.
So now we will book a couple of private lessons so they can show Yoani the test route and then he can book for his road test!!! Half-way there!!!

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
KJG said:
So my husband just texted me......he passed his written driver's test today!!! Because he was a licensed driver from Cuba but we did not get a letter from the Cuban Government saying how long he drove for he had to write the test here and do the road test and then he is at a G2 level for one year and then he can become fully licensed!! But the driving is easy it was the written exam! BTW and for everyone's info they can take the written test in Spanish.
So now we will book a couple of private lessons so they can show Yoani the test route and then he can book for his road test!!! Half-way there!!!
Is there a rule book/ study guide they can get in Spanish as well?

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
tink23 said:
Is there a rule book/ study guide they can get in Spanish as well?
I believe you can buy it at the MTO or Canadian Tire in different languages. Yoani read the english book but wanted to do the test in Spanish because mutliple choice is tricky!!!

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
KJG said:
I believe you can buy it at the MTO or Canadian Tire in different languages. Yoani read the english book but wanted to do the test in Spanish because mutliple choice is tricky!!!
Great, thanks! That's the same with my husband. He could do it in English, but to do it in his native language will just be so much easier! I remember back when I was 16 taking the test, the wording can be tricky!

KJG said:
Good Morning Cuba Thread!!! Hope everyone had a Happy New Year both here and in Cuba!!! Back to work today and probably some normal routine which is nice!!!

Welcome picachica....this thread should help you get through the hard times and the waiting process.....you are allowed to vent, cry, laugh and share all you want here. It is the most awesome forum and a place everyone truly understands what you go through as we all have one time or another!!!!

Hey Sassy so happy for you that your flight is booked for Cuba and that your special bundle of joy is doing well. And no worries....travelling with an infant and luggage....well why it is not great it is doable and you will handle it with the positive attitude you have. Keep a smile on your face and plenty of people will help!!!!

Shuster2210 so glad to hear hubby's landing was smooth and you guys had a good Christmas!!!!

Hey KJG, do you know if the same applies to Quebec? Can they write the test in Spanish?
So glad all is well with hubby! Nice to hear some good stories. Happy New Year!!!!!!!

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
ppsandy79 said:
Hey KJG, do you know if the same applies to Quebec? Can they write the test in Spanish?
So glad all is well with hubby! Nice to hear some good stories. Happy New Year!!!!!!!
Hi ppsandy79.....no idea how it works in Quebec....probably a better chance at spanish than english :p!!!!!

sassylassie

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
:) :) :) :) :) :)
Smiles for everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend!

Congrats to Mr. KJG on passing his written exam! I send positive thoughts for his driving test!!!

Dblrainbow...only 5 days!!! Time is moving so fast!

No news from DDG? I think she returns mid january so I am sure we will hear something then.

If my memory serves me right our lady Avana is returning tomorrow or in the next few days...I hope everything worked out and hubby is with her.

On my end slowly getting ready for my trip. Today we went to apply for baby's passport...we bit of a hiccup. They tried to tell me hubby would have to go to Havana to sign paperwork to "participate" in her passport application.....even though I had his signature on the app from when my friend flew to Santa Clara and met him at the airport Dec 21!! I finally convinced the girl to accept copies of his passport and Cuban ID to show the signature was legit. I was so frustrated trying to explain how hard it was for him to travel 8 hrs to Havana...and get time off work. It is the busiest time at the resort right now! DOH! Oh well her passport should be here mid January!

So any suggestions from people of staples I should bring with me to Cuba for a long stay??? Stuff that we just could not do without??

I send big hugs to everyone
~Sassy~

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
KJG said:

Awwww shucks KJG :-[ :D Thankyou soooooooo very much xoxoxoxoxoxo :-*. I also look forward to your posts as well.xoxoxoxo. I am very happy that hubby soon will be doing his road test. Best of luck to him although he won't need it. ;) ((((((Big hugs to you))))))) ;D OOps lol I mean ur um ahem Congratulations on hubby passing his road test voot voot ;D

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
sassylassie said:
:) :) :) :) :) :)
Smiles for everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend!

Congrats to Mr. KJG on passing his written exam! I send positive thoughts for his driving test!!!

Dblrainbow...only 5 days!!! Time is moving so fast!

No news from DDG? I think she returns mid january so I am sure we will hear something then.

If my memory serves me right our lady Avana is returning tomorrow or in the next few days...I hope everything worked out and hubby is with her.

On my end slowly getting ready for my trip. Today we went to apply for baby's passport...we bit of a hiccup. They tried to tell me hubby would have to go to Havana to sign paperwork to "participate" in her passport application.....even though I had his signature on the app from when my friend flew to Santa Clara and met him at the airport Dec 21!! I finally convinced the girl to accept copies of his passport and Cuban ID to show the signature was legit. I was so frustrated trying to explain how hard it was for him to travel 8 hrs to Havana...and get time off work. It is the busiest time at the resort right now! DOH! Oh well her passport should be here mid January!

So any suggestions from people of staples I should bring with me to Cuba for a long stay??? Stuff that we just could not do without??

I send big hugs to everyone
~Sassy~
Hi sassy yes 5 days to go well almost 4 now lol. Time is flying by for sure.So very close now and soooooo excited.Soon you and baby Laritza will be going to Cuba. You must be so very excited :p.Yes, I think Avana said the 4th she will be coming home and hopefully with hubby?DDG is there for awhile I think 2 months? I hope she had heard something from Havana by now.Yes, welcome picachica. Shuster must be thrilled to have her hubby home with her as KJG is.Luvcuba soon will have her hubby home with her too. :D ((((((((((Sending big hugs to all)))))))))) :D :-*

sassylassie

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
Double Rainbow said:
Hi sassy yes 5 days to go well almost 4 now lol. Time is flying by for sure.So very close now and soooooo excited.Soon you and baby Laritza will be going to Cuba. You must be so very excited :p.Yes, I think Avana said the 4th she will be coming home and hopefully with hubby?DDG is there for awhile I think 2 months? I hope she had heard something from Havana by now.Yes, welcome picachica. Shuster must be thrilled to have her hubby home with her as KJG is.Luvcuba soon will have her hubby home with her too. :D ((((((((((Sending big hugs to all)))))))))) :D :-*
Good Morning Dbl!!! 4 days! Whoo hoo! I cannot imagine how you must feel waiting for these days to pass by! Remind me did you end up ordering your notes to see what was in them before he goes? Laritza and I are counting down the days with you!!!!

Did Luvcuba mention when her hubby will be landing?

Have a great day everyone!