+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone done their Police Clearance Certificate from Malaysia?

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
I got PCC from Malaysia but it doesn't mention my passport number or the period of stay... is this acceptable by cic?
That seems fishy. This letter is issued by a single government body so its very strange that yours is different. Mine says the following:

To whom it may concern,

This is to certify that the government of Malaysia has no adverse record on [name] holder of [country] passport no. [number]

Signed by Secretary General Ministry of Foreign Affairs Malaysia

Reactions: Fahadkazmi

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
No period of stay is fine as long as the date on the letter is after the last date you were in Malaysia.

But having no passport number could be a problem. Another person could share your name, but no one can share your passport number. I'd suggest you get in contact with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Malaysia or the Embassy you got it from and ask them to issue you another one.

nadeemaia

Apr 21, 2017
It took me about one month since I applied online. I guess the passport number was left by mistake. Guess need to apply for a new one.

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
It took me about one month since I applied online. I guess the passport number was left by mistake. Guess need to apply for a new one.
Also get in contact with the embassy that you visited to collect your current certificate. It's possible they may be able to help you so you can avoid wasting another month.

Last edited:

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Hi,
I have applied online from e-consular for GCG Malaysia and received confirmation email from them.
Any idea how long does it take to for the status to be updated?
I spoke to a representative at Malaysian consulate here over the phone, they said I need to upload only new passport although my malaysian visa was on expired passport
I didn't get any confirmation via email. I only checked the status periodically and found status updated on 18th day or something. Visa was also under my old passport, and I applied with the new passport and got confirmation.

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
I didn't get any confirmation via email. I only checked the status periodically and found status updated on 18th day or something. Visa was also under my old passport, and I applied with the new passport and got confirmation.
That's great. How long ago was this?

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023

Vijenderprasad

Aug 31, 2018
Hii. .i have applied for a pcc from malaysia after 5 week it's showing certificate is ready for collection and today I have visited a delhi malaysia embessy and they have told me they havnt got any mail till now regarding this once they will get that will inform me ..is it really happen kindly help me

Vijenderprasad

Aug 31, 2018
Hii. .i have applied for a pcc from malaysia after 5 week it's showing certificate is ready for collection and today I have visited a delhi malaysia embessy and they have told me they havnt got any mail till now regarding this once they will get that will inform me ..is it really happen kindly help me

Shirley shan

Oct 29, 2018
Hi, everyone
Do anyone knows what address should we filled in for the correspondence address? I filled in the one with my current address, but I checked online seems like they need address in Malaysia. Dis I need to apply for another one?
Thanks

Shirley shan

Oct 29, 2018
Also get in contact with the embassy that you visited to collect your current certificate. It's possible they may be able to help you so you can avoid wasting another month.
Hi, nadeemaia
Did you applied a new one?
Or they can update any information online?
Thanks

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
Hi, everyone
Do anyone knows what address should we filled in for the correspondence address? I filled in the one with my current address, but I checked online seems like they need address in Malaysia. Dis I need to apply for another one?
Thanks
You have to fill your current address, that's how they will inform the relevant consulate at the time of collection.
If you studied in Malaysia then the address of university should be mentioned on the Higher education information section, similarly for employment case, the address to be mentioned in Employment section.