+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone done their Police Clearance Certificate from Malaysia?

Hamza Moazam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
Dubai
NOC Code......
Gents -

Has anyone got their PCC from Malaysia recently? I had lived there for a year and a half back in 2012 and it seems like there's a requirement to present PCC from all countries the applicant has lived in for more than 6 months.

Can anyone guide on the process if they have done it recently?

Cheers.

Sirisha Chaitanya

Jan 29, 2017
Hello,

I have stayed in Malaysia from 2008 - 2011.

Recently, I have applied for the Good Conduct Certificate.

You need to apply it online by uploading specified documents and then wait for the approval.

Generally, it takes a week for confirmation.

Then take a print out of the acknowledgement and visit the nearest Malaysian Embassy and get your GCC within two working days.

Go to kln.gov.my and look for Good Conduct Certificate on the top right hand side, click on the link and you will be directed to another page. There, you have register your details and then upload the required documents.

Thank you,

Chaitanya

Hamza Moazam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
Dubai
NOC Code......
Chaitanya - Brilliant. Thanks a lot for the info mate.

I'll check and work on it.

Appreciate the help!

Cheers.

morice

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Morice
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
06-03-2017
Yes, do exactly as what Chaitanya has said... I did it twice...

I was studying there from July 2010 to July 2011.

Funny to say, my 1st passport has been expired... I have a Certificate of Good Conduct for that Passport...

Then when I have got my new passport last year, I re-apply for a Certificate of Good Conduct... they gave me a new one...

syedtaha

May 14, 2016
Dear Chaitanya,

I was following your post relating to GCC Malaysia. I lived in Malaysia for one year and CIC officer asked me to submit GCC by 2 months. Do you think it is enough time to get the GCC from Malaysian Embassy?

Moreover, e-Counselor website (kln.gov.my) asking to submit "passport book with my information" could you please suggest if I need to submit complete passport with all the pages?

Moreover, I have Malaysian visa sticker and stamps only on expired passport. Do you have any idea if I also attach expired passport?

Thank you very much and apologies for asking list of questions.

Regards.
Taha

Hello,

I have stayed in Malaysia from 2008 - 2011.

Recently, I have applied for the Good Conduct Certificate.

You need to apply it online by uploading specified documents and then wait for the approval.

Generally, it takes a week for confirmation.

Then take a print out of the acknowledgement and visit the nearest Malaysian Embassy and get your GCC within two working days.

Go to kln.gov.my and look for Good Conduct Certificate on the top right hand side, click on the link and you will be directed to another page. There, you have register your details and then upload the required documents.

Thank you,

Chaitanya

Sirisha Chaitanya

Jan 29, 2017
Dear Chaitanya,

I was following your post relating to GCC Malaysia. I lived in Malaysia for one year and CIC officer asked me to submit GCC by 2 months. Do you think it is enough time to get the GCC from Malaysian Embassy?

Moreover, e-Counselor website (kln.gov.my) asking to submit "passport book with my information" could you please suggest if I need to submit complete passport with all the pages?

Moreover, I have Malaysian visa sticker and stamps only on expired passport. Do you have any idea if I also attach expired passport?

Thank you very much and apologies for asking list of questions.

Regards.
Taha
Hello,

Where are you currently?

Immediately visit a Malaysian Embassy with your old and new passports. Inform them about your issue and from there upload your Old passport in the website. I don't remember if we can upload two Passports at a time. Do check with the Embassy and it takes maximum 2 weeks to get your PCC.

All the best and let me know once you visit the Embassy.

Thanks,

Chaitanya

AJD

May 31, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
05-08-2017
Doc's Request.
17-08-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
31-05-2017
Med's Request
Upfront 12-07-2017
Med's Done....
Meds Passed 09-09-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
04-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2017
Hello Chaitanya,

Is it mandatory to visit Malaysian embassy in person?

We live very far away from the embassy.

Kaveh86

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Category........
FSW
Greetings,

I'm a little confused about getting police certificate from Malaysia. I did my bachelor degree there from 2005 to 2009. On CIC website it is written:

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?

"Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”

We will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.

We will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications."

Dose that mean I don't have to upload Malaysian certificate of good conduct while I'm submiting my profile? I have already requested for a police certificate from Malaysian embassy and they have issued it for me. Malaysian embassy didn't ask for any letter from CIC.

Anyone with similar experience?

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
I am looking for the same information. I read on some forums that sometimes it takes forever to get the Malaysian CGC if applied at a Malaysian Embassy. Where I live now, they don't even have a Malaysian Embassy. My sibling still can visit Malaysia on my behalf and pick up the certificate for me. I need to know what this statement on CIC website means. They will not accept any certificate sent by mail? I have only 80 days to submit my PR profile. I got ITA after last draw. One last thing, if I sent someone on my behalf, what authority letter should I issue for them? I cannot get the authority letter attested by Malaysian Embassy Officials, as Malaysian Embassy does not even exist in the country I am currently residing in.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
I am looking for the same information. I read on some forums that sometimes it takes forever to get the Malaysian CGC if applied at a Malaysian Embassy. Where I live now, they don't even have a Malaysian Embassy. My sibling still can visit Malaysia on my behalf and pick up the certificate for me. I need to know what this statement on CIC website means. They will not accept any certificate sent by mail? I have only 80 days to submit my PR profile. I got ITA after last draw. One last thing, if I sent someone on my behalf, what authority letter should I issue for them? I cannot get the authority letter attested by Malaysian Embassy Officials, as Malaysian Embassy does not even exist in the country I am currently residing in.
Hello,

I also did my studies in Malaysia. I am confused by statement on that website. I am planning to gather all PCC once EE profile is completed but based on that website, it's saying for Malaysia PCC we have to request letter from CIC (once ITA is received) then only we can request PCC from Malaysia authority. That's risky as time is of essense.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Hello,

Where are you currently?

Immediately visit a Malaysian Embassy with your old and new passports. Inform them about your issue and from there upload your Old passport in the website. I don't remember if we can upload two Passports at a time. Do check with the Embassy and it takes maximum 2 weeks to get your PCC.

All the best and let me know once you visit the Embassy.

Thanks,

Chaitanya
This website

https://ekonsular.kln.gov.my/en/

Is asking for log in. I don't have. Does allow to be registered? I tried from mobile but it keeps on refreshing the page.

Vijenderprasad

Aug 31, 2018

Funny to say, my 1st passport has been expired... I have a Certificate of Good Conduct for that Passport...

Then when I have got my new passport last year, I re-apply for a Certificate of Good Conduct... they gave me a new one...

Hlo sir I also want to do that kindley give me your no

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
My brother got CGC from Malaysian consulate general in Singapore. The whole process just took 2-3 weeks.. Malaysian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has become quite efficient, I have heard..I couldn't submit my application due to some other missing documents though :( again waiting for ITA.
By the way, I didn't send them any letter from CIC to show that I have the ITA and I need the CGC for immigration. I hope mine is still valid for Canada and IRCC accepts it when I submit it after the next ITA.