+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone done the online test for the citizenship?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Do you mean the interview for people who do not have to take a test? Or Oath Ceremony? I think all the Oath Ceremonies have been online for a few months already. Read that so far 43,000 applicants have had their Oath Ceremonies online since the pandemic and cancellation of in person oaths. I haven't gotten any news of when that will be for me yet. Hopefully soon!
The interview used to take place right after the test, it's a quick chat with a citizenship officer where he verifies your documents and accesses your language proficiency. That would probably be your next step, but curious to see how they'll do it now...

wskamel

Jan 25, 2015
read the instructions for the test , not everyone will get interview after online test , it is case by case bases . but you might get invited for oath directly

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
read the instructions for the test , not everyone will get interview after online test , it is case by case bases . but you might get invited for oath directly
Correct. Hopefully the officers wont issue interview emails to everyone(like a pre-covid process) or else its going to delay unnecessarily.
Skipping interview will surely save time but will see how they execute it.

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
What happens in the interview?
You'd get a clearer answer from someone who has attended one. But from what I can judge based on the forum it is a general blah-blah-how-do-you-do type of thing. Documents are checked including your language certificate, passport stamps etc. If no flags are raised you'll be moved over to DM if there are flags then you might still get a RQ or an additional background check. It is all here on the forum. Just spend 20 minutes reading. Generally, no huge problems have been noted or reported here, well, unless you have things to hide from the officer and you are not good at it )

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
How? Can you think of 1 way? I am genuinely curious.
Those who want to cheat will cheat whether in-person or on-line. Just leave the idiots alone. It is their karma. But folks, please understand one thing: the whole testing exercise is no more than a ritual. 20 multiple choice Q's with an allowance of 5 misses. The deepness of the Q's like "Name the greatest country on Earth which name starts with 'Ca' and ends with 'nada'. Are you serious cheating is needed???

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
Those who want to cheat will cheat whether in-person or on-line.
How? Thats all I want to know. I question the premise here.

Everyone throws this around as if its a given. Not one person has told me how exactly anyone can cheat with cameras taking your pictures every few seconds and the software preventing other windows or tabs to be open.