+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone done the online test for the citizenship?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I read that some applicants started to receive notice to appear for online tests, and they have 3 weeks to do the test. I wonder if anyone has done the test to share their experience, especially how they verify the documents, and if we need to print anything since it's online? Thanks in advance

Philly898

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
And then you can cheat easily
Your webcam is on and filming/taking pictures of you the whole time, so if they see you looking around or talking to anyone you'd get caught. Plus it knows if you open another tab. Not saying cheating isn't maybe possible but I personally wouldn't think to jeopardize my entire citizenship application for that ‍♂

Reactions: smallpotato

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Just did mine yesterday! It was a really smooth and easy process. They take a picture of a piece of ID that you hold up, then of your face and then you do the test and submit :)
Thanks for the info. So, no need to print out the notice to appear (or anything else) and show it to the camera, just an ID?

Philly898

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
Thanks for the info @Philly898.
Any idea of how/when the interview takes place?
Do you mean the interview for people who do not have to take a test? Or Oath Ceremony? I think all the Oath Ceremonies have been online for a few months already. Read that so far 43,000 applicants have had their Oath Ceremonies online since the pandemic and cancellation of in person oaths. I haven't gotten any news of when that will be for me yet. Hopefully soon!

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Do you mean the interview for people who do not have to take a test? Or Oath Ceremony? I think all the Oath Ceremonies have been online for a few months already. Read that so far 43,000 applicants have had their Oath Ceremonies online since the pandemic and cancellation of in person oaths. I haven't gotten any news of when that will be for me yet. Hopefully soon!
Interview comes B4 your Cship ceremony and after the test. A bit too early for hallelujas.

Last edited:
Reactions: BOYX