+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone done the online test for the citizenship?

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
I did not see it anywhere online but just confirming that there is no human examiner/invigilator for this online test right? Meaning I can give the test in the middle of the night if I want. Correct?
Yes. You can take it any time between the dates they give you.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I did not see it anywhere online but just confirming that there is no human examiner/invigilator for this online test right? Meaning I can give the test in the middle of the night if I want. Correct?
Yes, you can take it any time. It's flexible. On the flip side, some issues may arise like not verifying your identity on the camera which may require you retaking the exam. Also, this flexibility comes at the expense of extended delays for processing the files.

raaj051

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Has anyone idea, can we contact MP while CSIS security check is pending since long time for citizenship grant application ? And MP can contact to the CSIS directly ?

Veerji

May 12, 2020
Me and my wife take the test and we got both passed, CIC immediately updated in my account that test has been updated to pass but for my wife it’s still showing pending.Can anybody guide me for that

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

For the Id showing part during the exam. Can we give by wearing the glasses or not.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Can we use software like AnyDesk or TeamViewer for the test? Are they realized that?
Huh? You won't be using any 'software'. When you start the test on the browser, the web application will open the camera and start taking pictures at random times throughout the duration of the test. No audio or video will be recorded.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Reactions: visa_4all

Delusive1

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
Huh? You won't be using any 'software'. When you start the test on the browser, the web application will open the camera and start taking pictures at random times throughout the duration of the test. No audio or video will be recorded.
I know, the Camera is okay but AnyDesk it is like remote access to another PC. So, if they don't check the apps on my PC I can run AnyDesk and Connect from another PC to the PC that someone is taking the test and I can search there and answer the question in remote AnyDesk for her or him.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I know, the Camera is okay but AnyDesk it is like remote access to another PC. So, if they don't check the apps on my PC I can run AnyDesk and Connect from another PC to the PC that someone is taking the test and I can search there and answer the question in remote AnyDesk for her or him.
I would request you not to do this as a token of respect to the citizenship application process. The test is easy and doesn't require "too much" preparation. There is no need to cheat on this test. And no, I don't know if they'll be able to detect that but please don't cheat.

One person doing this might cost the online citizenship test process for everyone with increased scrutiny and more delays.

Also a gentle reminder. If you are caught, this will be considered as misrepresentation AND you will be blacklisted for 5 years and you can't re-apply for citizenship during this time. Even when you apply after 5 years, the level of scrutiny on your application will be ungodly. DO NOT DO IT, please!

Last edited:

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
If this is not the definition of cheating, then I'm not sure what is. Don't do it :\ seriously!!

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/before.html

Unusual activities
Examples of an unusual activity include

• no face visible
  • no movement (for example, if you put a still picture of yourself in front of your webcam)
  • many faces or a face other than your own
  • opening of other windows, tabs, browsers and applications
If the system detects that you open other windows, tabs, browsers or applications, you

• will see a warning on your screen and instruction to fix it
  • can still complete the test
After you submit the test

• our officer will review your results, photos and any unusual activities
  • we’ll contact you if needed
If we find or suspect cheating
  • your test result may be invalid
  • our official will follow up with you

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please prepare for the exam. My sincere request is to strictly follow the IRCC guidelines. Your one wrong move can sabotage the ambitions of you and many people. We are already suffering with delays. Thank you

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram