+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has any had their 1 Year PGD from Virtual University (Pakistan) evaluated by WES?

! Maha!

Oct 22, 2019
Aftab, WES won't give the equivalency for 2 or more certificate, it will just give you an individual ECA report for your Degree or Diploma or whatever you want them to assess. If your earlier degree is equivalent to more than 3 years deg. program and you get an equivalency of 1 year diploma for this VU diploma, you can claim scores for 2 certificates. It doesn't have to be a PG diploma, any diploma as long as its min duration is assessed as 1 year, will work.
I got my 4 years BSCS evaluated by IQAS last year and now just want to get VU PGD degree evaluated by WES..... I want to confirm that do I just send them my pgd degree and transcript copies or also include already evaluated bachelor's degree? Confused will they accept my PGD for evaluation without my bachelor degree?

Sam_4321

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
I got my 4 years BSCS evaluated by IQAS last year and now just want to get VU PGD degree evaluated by WES..... I want to confirm that do I just send them my pgd degree and transcript copies or also include already evaluated bachelor's degree? Confused will they accept my PGD for evaluation without my bachelor degree?
Easy, if you are again going to IQAS, then upgrade the current report and add the PGD, they will ask for the required documents and those will only be related to your PGD.
If going to any other credential evaluator e.g. WES, CES, etc. then only enter the PGD as education and see WHAT they ask for in required documents, they might ask for your undergrad too.
So, it depends on where you are getting your PGD evaluated and whether you are upgrading your ECA report or getting a new one.

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
I have WES 4 years bachelors
Now I am planning to complete PGD of a year -
Please let me know, I will get points as two or more degree / diploma?
Please also share which university is open for admission nowadays for PGD in accounting? in Pakistan

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
Please also share which university is open for admission nowadays for PGD in accounting? in Pakistan

Sam_4321

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
Admissions are closed for most universities, But yes if you can get PGD or Diploma you ll be able to claim points for 2 or more after getting your ECA done

Mehmood_c

Nov 18, 2019
Czech Republic
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Prague
NOC Code......
Hello lads.

I called the VU admission officer, and he confirmed me that there is no difference in PGD and Diploma they just changed the name everything else is totally same.

Oct 21, 2020
VU lets you study for a full year and you have to appear for exams. Isn't it wise to get a fast track PGD on work experience basis without studying in a weeks time. We are already in the process of getting an evaluation from WES for a similar PGD.

ayazay

Oct 30, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi all,

I recently completed PGD in Marketing Management from VU and submitted it to WES for ECA.
WES's assessment is expected to complete by mid-March 2021. I will update you all once it's done.

p.s. WES has already assessed my BIT degree from COMSATS, and its Canadian equivalency was deemed three years Bachelor's degree.

mohsinali139

Jan 6, 2021
Hi all,

I recently completed PGD in Marketing Management from VU and submitted it to WES for ECA.
WES's assessment is expected to complete by mid-March 2021. I will update you all once it's done.

p.s. WES has already assessed my BIT degree from COMSATS, and its Canadian equivalency was deemed three years Bachelor's degree.
Hi,

Best wishes for the assessment, I hope they will assess the diploma as postgraduate/postsecondary diploma. However, in case WES did not, send it to IQAS or CES. They will definitely give you your desired equivalency.

ayazay

Oct 30, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi all,

I have received my WES assessment of the PGD Diploma in Marketing Management from VU, and its Canadian equivalency is a Diploma (three years).
Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Thank you and wish you all the best.

Regards,

Ayaz

Reactions: mohsinali139

Sam_4321

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
Hi all,

is your bachelor's in BIT three years program or Four years program?
and when did you enrolled and subsequently graduated from Comsats?

ayazay

Oct 30, 2019
NOC Code......
is your bachelor's in BIT three years program or Four years program?
and when did you enrolled and subsequently graduated from Comsats?
Nope, BIT offered by COMSATS was for 4 years, and I graduated back in 2007.

Sam_4321

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
Nope, BIT offered by COMSATS was for 4 years, and I graduated back in 2007.
It's strange then, why did you get ECA for 3 years?
It should be 4 years as you have completed a Four-year program
COMSAT is a Federally chartered university and usually, people don't find any difficulty getting their credentials assessed.... it's baffling for me that a four-year program is considered as 3 years.....
Has any one of your batch fellows gotten the same ECA ? or anyone in general who has done BIT from comsats or anywhere gotten 3 years ECA?

Last edited:
Reactions: ayazay