+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has any had their 1 Year PGD from Virtual University (Pakistan) evaluated by WES?

Muhammad_999

Aug 24, 2020
Its a mystery atm whether they will have PGD in next sessions or not, people are looking at alternatives now.
Yes, I've also checked and most probably PGD will be discontinued. I'm looking for alternates myself. Please do suggest if you are aware of any other 1 year certificate/degree that can give WES equivalency for (2 certificates/degrees), from any other institute

waqas.zia

Aug 30, 2020
Has anyone been able to find any alternatives for this? What about the Post Graduate Diploma that University of the Punjab offers? I know that requires physical presence but will that be accepted?

Virtual University is not offering Post Graduate Diploma but they are offering 1 year Diploma, wouldn't that be accepted?

Jul 26, 2020
Has anyone been able to find any alternatives for this? What about the Post Graduate Diploma that University of the Punjab offers? I know that requires physical presence but will that be accepted?

Virtual University is not offering Post Graduate Diploma but they are offering 1 year Diploma, wouldn't that be accepted?
I am going for NED PGD

Ali Waheed

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Hi Everyone !

It is amazing to see such a long thread. Thank you everyone for keeping it alive.

Does anyone know if MSCS of VU will be accredited as "Two or more certificates" or "Master's degree"?
Because the only MSCS degree that I have personally seen evaluated as "Master's degree" was of Fast Lahore (NUCES). I have also heard students of LUMS getting their MS not valued as "Master's degree" I am not sure of the domain tho. If anyone knows more on this please do share.

Last edited:

aftabadil

Sep 20, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Does VU is still offering PGD for fall 2020 ? As i can see they are offering *Diploma* only not PGD.

Sam_4321

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
Hi guys!

Query regarding WES ECA, I have to get these documents assessed from WES:

1) BA - University of the Punjab (2 years)
2) Master of Computer Science - Virtual University of Pakistan (2 years)

Can someone tell me what would be the expected ECA?

BA = Diploma 2 years
MCS = Bachelors 4 Years

That is my own assessment from the experience of people those who gotten ECA from legacy (2+2) undergraduate system.

Can anyone help me in this regard, has anyone who has gotten his/her ECA based on this combination or any other 2+2 degrees combination.
Any guidance will be appreciated.

noblemank

Sep 26, 2020
Hi guys!

Query regarding WES ECA, I have to get these documents assessed from WES:

1) BA - University of the Punjab (2 years)
2) Master of Computer Science - Virtual University of Pakistan (2 years)

Can someone tell me what would be the expected ECA?

BA = Diploma 2 years
MCS = Bachelors 4 Years

That is my own assessment from the experience of people those who gotten ECA from legacy (2+2) undergraduate system.

Can anyone help me in this regard, has anyone who has gotten his/her ECA based on this combination or any other 2+2 degrees combination.
Any guidance will be appreciated.
You will get 4 years bachelors. My brother-in-law did it, and 4 years bachelor was the result.

aftabadil

Sep 20, 2020
Have you confirmed that this would work?

Also what about Diploma from Virtual University. It seems to have the exact same description as a Post Graduate Diploma.
yes it is same. Concern is that should we proceed for "diploma" & whether it will have same eca equivalency like PGD

mahtabafzal

Dec 2, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
Hi,

I am a bachelor civil engineer. I applied for a Diploma in HRM at VU in the Fall-2020 intake but got rejected. My admission got rejected by VU given the reason that "You already have 16 years education.".

Can anyone who has received ECA based upon VU PGD, please guide that the 1-year Diploma in HRM by VU will be PGD or not? Also, the requirement for the application was 16 years of education. I am totally confused about this whole situation. Help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

aftabadil

Sep 20, 2020
Hi,

I am a bachelor civil engineer. I applied for a Diploma in HRM at VU in the Fall-2020 intake but got rejected. My admission got rejected by VU given the reason that "You already have 16 years education.".

Can anyone who has received ECA based upon VU PGD, please guide that the 1-year Diploma in HRM by VU will be PGD or not? Also, the requirement for the application was 16 years of education. I am totally confused about this whole situation. Help will be appreciated.
Thanks.
cannot apply to diploma after 16 years of education. Sadly i am facing the same problem

Sam_4321

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
You will get 4 years bachelors. My brother-in-law did it, and 4 years bachelor was the result.
Thank you!
Does your brother-in-law have the same credentials as mine?
and from the institutes,I have been too?
And what was the accessing body he used, WES?

Please respond. Thank you again