+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hang Between FSW and Express Entry

zain001

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hello Everybody,
I puzzle between FSW and Express entry, because I have 70 points as FSW when i have access myself but when I asses my self in express entry i cant complete my 400 points. can anybody tell me the reason of it. so tell me can i apply as Federal Skilled worker because my points under FSW is above than 67.
please advise me in this situation
thanks

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Hello Everybody,
I puzzle between FSW and Express entry, because I have 70 points as FSW when i have access myself but when I asses my self in express entry i cant complete my 400 points. can anybody tell me the reason of it. so tell me can i apply as Federal Skilled worker because my points under FSW is above than 67.
please advise me in this situation
thanks
To apply under express entry, you must be first eligible to apply under one of the streams, FSW in your case. So, with 70 points yes you are eligible. After that, you are placed in a pool of express entry candidates from all streams. Only highest scores in each round of invitations will be selected, and that selection will be based on your CRS (pool) score. 400 is bit hard to get invited based on current rounds, but you can still apply. You might be nominated by a province, that will guarantee more than enough score. Also try to improve your IELTS results if you are not already claiming max points for that.
Good luck

zain001

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
To apply under express entry, you must be first eligible to apply under one of the streams, FSW in your case. So, with 70 points yes you are eligible. After that, you are placed in a pool of express entry candidates from all streams. Only highest scores in each round of invitations will be selected, and that selection will be based on your CRS (pool) score. 400 is bit hard to get invited based on current rounds, but you can still apply. You might be nominated by a province, that will guarantee more than enough score. Also try to improve your IELTS results if you are not already claiming max points for that.
Good luck[/QUOt
But tell me if my points under FSW is more then needed, so why my points is not enough for express entry. can you tell me the difference. also tell me can i get ITA on behalf of FSW. Can you recommend me any province from where I easily got nomination.
thanks

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
I just explained it.
You MUST go through express entry. 70 points is enough to be eigible under fsw, but say 100 thousand applicants are also eligible under fsw same as you, CIC will not take them all, they will only select for example 3000 people in each round. How do they select them? Based on highest CRS score.
So if your points are below 67 you cant even enter the pool
Higher than 67 you can generate crs score and enter, but doesnt mean you will necessarily be invited when there are so many people with better CRS than you.
You can check provinces online. Each has different criteria. Thats your homework to do.
Good luck

zain001

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
I just explained it.
You MUST go through express entry. 70 points is enough to be eigible under fsw, but say 100 thousand applicants are also eligible under fsw same as you, CIC will not take them all, they will only select for example 3000 people in each round. How do they select them? Based on highest CRS score.
So if your points are below 67 you cant even enter the pool
Higher than 67 you can generate crs score and enter, but doesnt mean you will necessarily be invited when there are so many people with better CRS than you.
You can check provinces online. Each has different criteria. Thats your homework to do.
Good luck
thanku
can you tell me how I can get 25 points of trade certificate? can I get trade certificate from outside canada
thanks