+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hand-written birth certificates not accepted?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Guys ,

I want to know if hand-written birth certificates that are duly signed and stamped would be accepted by the VISA office [if they want to see our birth certificates]? Please let me know!!

Thanks ,

Raj

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
niravk said:
No hand written birth certificate not accepted..
Thanks niravk .. but..

I would like to rephrase my question.. I was born in a village so the panchayat has issued me a birth certificate that has all the fields printed but the fields are filled using hand. Let me explain.

My name, Father's Name, Mother's Name and the DOB are all WRITTEN in pen. Is that okay?

TRUENORTH_4M_C2C

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Ottawa
rajkamalmohanram said:
Thanks niravk .. but..

I would like to rephrase my question.. I was born in a village so the panchayat has issued me a birth certificate that has all the fields printed but the fields are filled using hand. Let me explain.

My name, Father's Name, Mother's Name and the DOB are all WRITTEN in pen. Is that okay?
Rajkamal if you are from Tamil Nadu getting a Birth Certificate will not be that difficult. The whole process is easy and streamlined these days. I recently applied not once but twice for two major corrections and received it within 15 days. No handwritten copies are issued now. (as far as i know) Maybe you should approach your municipality/Corporation office directly for the printed copy.

dnagarajand

Feb 11, 2015
@himohan_u

Its true, i got my Birth certificate with name from Coimbatore Municipal corporation.
The process is so easy and quick.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
TRUENORTH_4M_C2C said:
Rajkamal if you are from Tamil Nadu getting a Birth Certificate will not be that difficult. The whole process is easy and streamlined these days. I recently applied not once but twice for two major corrections and received it within 15 days. No handwritten copies are issued now. (as far as i know) Maybe you should approach your municipality/Corporation office directly for the printed copy.
I'm a Tamilian but I was born in a small village in Andhra. The village panchayat has issued me a birth certificate where the lefthand side field names like Name, DOB, Father's name, Mother's name etc are printed but the values for those fields like Raj, 00-Apr-1990, XXX, YYY are handwritten.

I'm not very sure if they issue printed birth certificates in that village even today.

TRUENORTH_4M_C2C

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Ottawa
rajkamalmohanram said:
I'm a Tamilian but I was born in a small village in Andhra. The village panchayat has issued me a birth certificate where the lefthand side field names like Name, DOB, Father's name, Mother's name etc are printed but the values for those fields like Raj, 00-Apr-1990, XXX, YYY are handwritten.

I'm not very sure if they issue printed birth certificates in that village even today.
Like i said, try approaching Municipality/Corporation instead of panchayat offices. I remember one of my friend got her BC through court as well .. There has to be some way.

VipsB

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Are birth certificates mandatory or can we show any other proof like 10th marksheet for the same as birth certificates are submitted in school and they don't return it back ?

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
VipsB said:
Are birth certificates mandatory or can we show any other proof like 10th marksheet for the same as birth certificates are submitted in school and they don't return it back ?
Birth certificate isn't mandatory for primary applicant and spouse. Although, for child it is mandatory. In case CIC requests, you should be able to produce it.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
It is okay. My children birth certificates were hand written and it was accepted by cic.

dnagarajand

Feb 11, 2015
It's true birth certificates are not needed for primary applicant and spouse.

If you still need one, you get through RDO proceedings in AP. my wife was born in cuddapah district, AP.
She lost her BC, we got it back through RDO proceedings. Will cost you around 7000

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:

rajkamalmohanram

This is absolutely fine. Mine is also same like yours....the left hand field all printed in english and devnagiri script and names written with a pen in english.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
dnagarajand said:
It's true birth certificates are not needed for primary applicant and spouse.

If you still need one, you get through RDO proceedings in AP. my wife was born in cuddapah district, AP.
She lost her BC, we got it back through RDO proceedings. Will cost you around 7000
Thanks for the info nagaraj!!