Got an email for CV/Resume- October 27th
Emailed Resume on October 30
Got reply email that Resume was received - November 3
Status changed shortly after email to administrative processing on November 3
Issued on November 5th.

Reactions: Rawhide

matrivg2507

Oct 31, 2021
Hi All - I've an H1B interview appointment coming up. Need your help with couple of questions.

1. Are we allowed to bring following to the interview?
a. Umbrella
b. Hotel room key
c. Jacket

2. How well in advance before the appointment time anyone should reach the embassy?

Please pardon me for asking these questions. But this is my first time, that's why feeling bit conscious. Thanks in advance!

ankuBehl

Oct 10, 2021
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
21-06-2021
Hi all.. I have COPR and I'm planning to do soft landing and get my H1B stamping done while coming back. My question is that while booking the appointment should i be selecting yes or no for the following question.
Are you traveling to Canada from another country?
I see if you select no then it says if you have a legal permanent resident status. Is COPR considered for that?

Reactions: NNB18

gprawtap

Feb 3, 2021
Update on Ottawa dropbox
Documents delivered - Oct 8th
Status changed to Received- October 22nd
Status changed to Refused - October 25th
Issued on November 5th.
Are dropbox appointments in Canada readily available? Last I checked dropbox eligibility waived the requirement of previous visa interview location to be at the same location and visa expiration window was increased to 48 months until end of this year. Is this still the case?
I had my previous interview in India and considering using Vancouver consulate for visa renewal. Am I eligible for dropbox at Vancouver?
Thanks

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Are dropbox appointments in Canada readily available? Last I checked dropbox eligibility waived the requirement of previous visa interview location to be at the same location and visa expiration window was increased to 48 months until end of this year. Is this still the case?
I had my previous interview in India and considering using Vancouver consulate for visa renewal. Am I eligible for dropbox at Vancouver?
Thanks
You have to create an account, pay fee and answer the questionnaire to see if you are eligible for dropbox. Not everyone is getting the dropbox option. System decides if you are eligible or not.

Akshay14

Sep 1, 2021
I have an approved i797(employer change) with valid i94 but an expired H1B visa stamp.
I am currently in US and planning to take a flight to Canada for a 2 week visit and plant to use AVR to return to US via road (Ambassador bridge Windsor -Detroit)
What are my options to travel from Canada to US via road? I see one way rental is not an option from various forums. Is there a bus or a taxi option to cross the border and how would immigration formalities be done in that scenario.

Looking forward to hear any recent experiences at the Windsor-Detroit border bridge for AVR.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Thanks
I think even if your stamping was in a different current, if other parameters are satisfied you are eligible for dropbox. It needs to be same type of visa, you should be in possesion of old visa, be 14 years or older when visa was stamped, not a citizen of certain countries(for which there is no waiver). The last visa should not have clearance or waiver annotation . Please fill in details and the system will tell you

ggg123

Feb 20, 2019
Update on Ottawa dropbox
Documents delivered - Oct 8th
Status changed to Received- October 22nd
Status changed to Refused - October 25th
Issued on November 5th.
Hi- Can you let me know if resume was asked to do some background check? does your stamp have a annotation "clearance received" or something like that?

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Hi- Can you let me know if resume was asked to do some background check? does your stamp have a annotation "clearance received" or something like that?
I don't think it was for background check. I think they likely wanted to see if I finished my PhD. Can't clarify that on DS160. In my resume I mentioned it clearly that i didn't complete it. As soon as they said they received resume they changed from refused to administrative processing. The annotation is Canadian Permanent Resident

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
I have an approved i797(employer change) with valid i94 but an expired H1B visa stamp.
I am currently in US and planning to take a flight to Canada for a 2 week visit and plant to use AVR to return to US via road (Ambassador bridge Windsor -Detroit)
What are my options to travel from Canada to US via road? I see one way rental is not an option from various forums. Is there a bus or a taxi option to cross the border and how would immigration formalities be done in that scenario.

Looking forward to hear any recent experiences at the Windsor-Detroit border bridge for AVR.
Where did you read that one way rental is not feasible? I have heard a couple of people doing it.

onkar_ob77

Nov 15, 2021
Hello,

H1b stamping Toronto dropbox
Here's my current situation:
Document delivered - Nov 4
Status changed to Received- Nov 5
Status changed to Administrative processing - Nov 15
Anyone in same situation or have an idea what's going on? How long is it taking for administrative processing?

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Hello,

H1b stamping Toronto dropbox
Here's my current situation:
Document delivered - Nov 4
Status changed to Received- Nov 5
Status changed to Administrative processing - Nov 15
Anyone in same situation or have an idea what's going on? How long is it taking for administrative processing?
You should get it issued this week most likely. If it is refused , it means they are doing additional checks. Since it is administrative processing it should be changed to issued soon.

gprawtap

Feb 3, 2021
I think even if your stamping was in a different current, if other parameters are satisfied you are eligible for dropbox. It needs to be same type of visa, you should be in possesion of old visa, be 14 years or older when visa was stamped, not a citizen of certain countries(for which there is no waiver). The last visa should not have clearance or waiver annotation . Please fill in details and the system will tell you
Sounds good. Thanks