Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I couldn’t find any appointment in Canada this year . :( any suggestion !!
No appointments as per multiple posts.
No way other than expediting it to get it soon/this year.

greatbuzzaman

Jul 15, 2020
Looking for feedback on how to interpret my Calgary H1B renewal application process. I started a new DS-160, but yet to submit. In parallel, I created my new account today with ais.usvisa-info to scan appointment availability. All my past renewals are from one consulate outside canada, typically using dropbox. As I walked through the 5 step wizard at ais.usvisa-info, step 2 was choosing courier post to collect, currently at step 3 where I have to enter payment.The title for step 4 which I cannot preview yet, reads 'register to send documents' and step 5 title reads 'instructions'. @gmaple07 was this your experience as well? @harirajmohan do you know, if this is how dropbox instructions for canadian consulates looks like?
@[B]ildebee[/B] Were you able to get your stamping done? I am planning to travel to Canada on my COPR and stay there for a while and get my stamping done. Could I be able to use this option?

Last edited:

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
@[B]ildebee[/B] Were you able to get your stamping done? I am planning to travel to Canada on my COPR and stay there for a while and get my stamping done. Could I be able to use this option?
Do you have an appointment?
People are telling that appointments are only available for next year. NOt sure "staying there for a while mean" for the stamping. Without any certainty why are you traveling? Unless you are moving, it wont matter how long you are planning to stay till 2022 too.

greatbuzzaman

Jul 15, 2020
Do you have an appointment?
People are telling that appointments are only available for next year. NOt sure "staying there for a while mean" for the stamping. Without any certainty why are you traveling? Unless you are moving, it wont matter how long you are planning to stay till 2022 too.
I am trying to book an appointment and getting the same option to `register to send documents'

Hence, I am planning to travel to Canada to get my PR activated and I am thinking, I could stay there for few weeks as a Permanent Resident and apply since I am seeing this option to send the documents, I thought this is the dropbox method. I haven’t paid the fees yet so not sure if I will see a specific date to send the documents, that's why I am enquiring if this dropbox option worked for @ildebee.

Last edited:
Reactions: harirajmohan

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I am trying to book an appointment and getting the same option to `register to send documents' If I select and option NO for the question Are you traveling from another country for the US Visa as the Applicant with Canadian Permanent Residency is considered as residing in Canada.

Hence, I am planning to travel to Canada to get my PR activated and I am thinking, I could stay there for few weeks as a Permanent Resident and apply since I am seeing this option to send the documents, I thought this is the dropbox method. I haven’t paid the fees yet so not sure if I will see a specific date to send the documents, that's why I am enquiring if this dropbox option worked for @ildebee.
If you are getting dropbox option then its good. i totally forgot that option. YOu can travel and same day you can register/submit and send documents same/next day.
I thought we wont know untill you answer all the questions. So i am not very sure about it. I may be wrong since i used to site 1.5 years ago and they have changed many things on dropbox eligibility hence they might have changed the site questions and navigations. good luck.

Reactions: greatbuzzaman

greatbuzzaman

Jul 15, 2020
If you are getting dropbox option then its good. i totally forgot that option. YOu can travel and same day you can register/submit and send documents same/next day.
I thought we wont know untill you answer all the questions. So i am not very sure about it. I may be wrong since i used to site 1.5 years ago and they have changed many things on dropbox eligibility hence they might have changed the site questions and navigations. good luck.
Understood.
Thanks, I will try to book.

Last edited:

jups

Jun 3, 2021
Today I received a mail from US Consulate Calgray asking If I have recently arrived from USA and confirm wether or not you are currently located in USA. If I entered recently am I subject to any quarantine restrictions. Did any body received this email?

sriinn

Star Member
May 28, 2020
nning to travel to Canada to get
Today I received a mail from US Consulate Calgray asking If I have recently arrived from USA and confirm wether or not you are currently located in USA. If I entered recently am I subject to any quarantine restrictions. Did any body received this email?
when is your appointment? i have appointment in Toronto on Sep 21, no email received so far. what did you choose for the question "Are you travelling outside canada for this appointment"? I answered as No like already in Canada.

sriinn

Star Member
May 28, 2020
I have an appointment on September 13. I chose No since I'm in Canada on Work Permit.
Ohh..ok. but, why they are asking specifically coming from USA or staying in USA?
I am planning to come from USA fro my appointment and am worried if they dont allow. But, as per rules,from Sep 7 everyone allowed if they fully vaccinated and no quarantine required.

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
I heard very less in Canada, not less actually but nothing(as per experience of people posted in this group). But in India i read a few getting stuck due to these checks. Unless you are travelling daily to work or weekly , you can give it a shot. But at the max, get ready for 10business days of wait even though if everything works out smooth.
I'm travelling daily for work to Michigan.
You think it's worth the risk of bureaucratic hold up to get the H-1b stamp?
Then again, I don't know if there will be less risk during non-COVID times....
I'm a Canadian PR, but not a Canadian citizen..

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
Ohh..ok. but, why they are asking specifically coming from USA or staying in USA?
I am planning to come from USA fro my appointment and am worried if they dont allow. But, as per rules,from Sep 7 everyone allowed if they fully vaccinated and no quarantine required.
I know....maybe the system hasn't been updated yet?
I live in Ontario, but I commute to Michigan everyday.
Should I answer Yes in my case?

My appointment is coming up on Oct 4, and I don't want to push this interview back any longer.

gmaple07

Jun 7, 2021
I am trying to book an appointment and getting the same option to `register to send documents'

Based on my experience , you need to be physically present in Canada to send the documents since you send them via Canada Post and receive via them. There's no specific date mentioned to send in the docs- Once you pay the fees. they generate the required labels. Also technically you need to be having a PR to get that option. Since you have not activated yours yet -i am not too sure if you become eligible - you can always check with the consulate for more clarity

Reactions: greatbuzzaman

Takita

May 12, 2021
Based on my experience , you need to be physically present in Canada to send the documents since you send them via Canada Post and receive via them. There's no specific date mentioned to send in the docs- Once you pay the fees. they generate the required labels. Also technically you need to be having a PR to get that option. Since you have not activated yours yet -i am not too sure if you become eligible - you can always check with the consulate for more clarity
Now it makes sense, I was wondering why I didn't get this option despite of having previous stamping in Canada. Dropbox option is only for PR/Citizens NOT for work permit holders. Since I'm on work permit that's why it didn't show dropbox option for me at this time.