+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B visa appointment availability

sriinn

Star Member
May 28, 2020
I have an appointment on Sep 21st at Toronto. my earlier appointments were cancelled, last one in Aug@Calgary. Anyones recent appointments cancelled?

jups

Jun 3, 2021
Is there anyone recently attended regular visa h1b appointments(non-expedited) at any location in Canada? Are they still canceling the appointments? Is there a way to figure out location specific data on cancelations so as to improve the chances of trying for a consulate that has less number of cancelations.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Is there anyone recently attended regular visa h1b appointments(non-expedited) at any location in Canada? Are they still canceling the appointments? Is there a way to figure out location specific data on cancelations so as to improve the chances of trying for a consulate that has less number of cancelations.
That is not known. For the people who are booking recently( probably from past two weeks) they are givnig drop box option. They got lucky. I wonder, what about the people waiting from past 1year to attend an interview, they need to show some option for them first and honor the queue right. Crazy stuff.

Last edited:

sriinn

Star Member
May 28, 2020
That is not known. For the people who are booking recently( probably from past two weeks) they are givnig drop box appointments. They got lucky. I wonder, what about the people waiting from past 1year to attend an interview, they need to show some option for them first and honor the queue right. Crazy stuff.
yeah, i have this Sep 21. lets see.. And, i do not see any appointments till next year. Are they getting drop box option sooner?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Are they getting drop box option sooner?
Drop box dont have appointments. Its immediate couriering documents if you qualify. @swan0206 was talking about the relaxation recently happened to allow dropbox facility for the people who had not done first stamping in Canada(earlier they used to allow only the people who had done previous stamping only in Canada for the dropbox).

Earlier many of us used to wonder why such restriction and it took a pandemic(and after 1.5 years) to realize it.

Reactions: swan0206

sriinn

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Drop box dont have appointments. Its immediate couriering documents if you qualify. @swan0206 was talking about the relaxation recently happened to allow dropbox facility for the people who had not done first stamping in Canada(earlier they used to allow only the people who had done previous stamping only in Canada for the dropbox).

Earlier many of us used to wonder why such restriction and it took a pandemic(and after 1.5 years) to realize it.
ohh..Thats good option. I never such option even though i did stamping in Canada earlier also. Let me see if this appointment cancelled

Takita

May 12, 2021

I did my 1st stamping in Ottawa, but never given dropbox option for renewal this year. How to opt for dropbox option?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I did my 1st stamping in Ottawa, but never given dropbox option for renewal this year. How to opt for dropbox option?
You need to follow the workflow in the site. You have to start applying in the site and it will lead you to appointment or dropbox.
No idea on the current criteria as we cant see any specific/complete list of eligibility requirements anywhere. So we wont know until you start applying and paying fee to get to know if you are asked to attend interview or send documents.

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
You need to follow the workflow in the site. You have to start applying in the site and it will lead you to appointment or dropbox.
No idea on the current criteria as we cant see any specific/complete list of eligibility requirements anywhere. So we wont know until you start applying and paying fee to get to know if you are asked to attend interview or send documents.
Darn. I guess people who already paid and waited over a year are kinda screwed into waiting for an appointment?

Has anyone received administrative processing/security check after the visa interview?
I'm not a Canadian citizen (I'm a Canadian PR), but I heard that some people got stuck in months of security check, and I'll definitely get fired if that happens. Should I risk it and go to my Oct interview?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Darn. I guess people who already paid and waited over a year are kinda screwed into waiting for an appointment?

Has anyone received administrative processing/security check after the visa interview?
I'm not a Canadian citizen (I'm a Canadian PR), but I heard that some people got stuck in months of security check, and I'll definitely get fired if that happens. Should I risk it and go to my Oct interview?
I heard very less in Canada, not less actually but nothing(as per experience of people posted in this group). But in India i read a few getting stuck due to these checks. Unless you are travelling daily to work or weekly , you can give it a shot. But at the max, get ready for 10business days of wait even though if everything works out smooth.

Takita

May 12, 2021
I did follow the workflow but only given interview option no dropbox option. I paid and booked appt in Jan for Aug date Ottawa location. It was cancelled in Jul due to Ottawa taking emergency cases only. I did reschedule Oct Toronto location but couldn't see any dropbox option given even during reshedule. I was under the impression that there was no dropbox option in Canada until the time someone in this group brought up.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I did follow the workflow but only given interview option no dropbox option. I paid and booked appt in Jan for Aug date Ottawa location. It was cancelled in Jul due to Ottawa taking emergency cases only. I did reschedule Oct Toronto location but couldn't see any dropbox option given even during reshedule. I was under the impression that there was no dropbox option in Canada until the time someone in this group brought up.
This dropbox option was the experience with recent folks probably from past 3-4 weeks. Not before that. Even i am in the same boat as you.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
No, its there and i am using it since my second stamping in 2018.

But it will anyway tell us based on our situation matching with their criteria. So there is no option for us to choose. So probably some are not qualified. Or possibly they never updated the site to recheck the dropbox eligbility for the cancelled appointments.

jups

Jun 3, 2021
Since I'm moving from L1 to h1 for me Dropbox is not an option. But for those who are waiting since long and feel that they might want to try with dropbox one way to solve would be create second DS160 , make payment and book an appointment. Though it doesn't guarantee dropbox if you are lucky at least you can avoid the hassle of interview.

Last edited:

BettyRain

Sep 4, 2021
Hello everyone,

I want to ask you if there is an appointment for the end of September or October for first time h1b in Vancouver embassy? I asking cause I really need to get it before December hah and want to create the DS160 for a right place… if anyone knows, I will really appreciate!