+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B visa appointment availability

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hello people, I'm currently in Canada on work permit and have booked 'first time H1b' stamping appointment at Vancouver consulate for April'23. I'm looking to reschedule it to an earlier date and have some questions.
1- Can I reschedule the same appointment to an earlier date at another consulate(Say Toronto) ?
2- Will it be an issue that DS-160 has Vancouver listed but the appointment is at a different consulate (Toronto)?
3- Can more than one DS-160 be submitted thus more than one appointments be scheduled?

Appreciate all your responses.
1. Yes
2. No issue if you are selecting different consulate. You are good.
3. You cannot schedule more than one appointment at the same time for the same person. You have to cancel one and schedule other/ cancel the one on old account and schedule other on New one. You might be questioned for duplicate scheduling as you are decreasing the chance of appointment for other individual.

But sure you can submit more than one DS-160 if there are any corrections or changes with the old one.

Reactions: anu05446

anu05446

Oct 2, 2022
1. Yes
2. No issue if you are selecting different consulate. You are good.
3. You cannot schedule more than one appointment at the same time for the same person. You have to cancel one and schedule other/ cancel the one on old account and schedule other on New one. You might be questioned for duplicate scheduling as you are decreasing the chance of appointment for other individual.

But sure you can submit more than one DS-160 if there are any corrections or changes with the old one.
Thanks for answering, the appointment scheduling website says “the appointment location MUST match with the one selected in DS-160” that’s why I wasn’t sure if there would be any issues.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Thanks for answering, the appointment scheduling website says “the appointment location MUST match with the one selected in DS-160” that’s why I wasn’t sure if there would be any issues.
It says that but people do schedule at different locations based on availability

Reactions: anu05446

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Hi.. i am in the same boat. I am called for an in person interview and next date is Oct 2023. I see people responding that keep checking and new dates open up.. but its very uncertain. do you know if we can request an expedite ?
Thanks for sharing your experience! In case we get called for an interview (after Dropbox), do we need to schedule a new one, months away? In that case, you can't enter US and lose your job and H1b?

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Hi @jazz_77 @Nil007 , I'm in the same boat, please let me know what have you done...I'm seeing below status, does this means I need to schedule interview. If so, does consulate helps on appointment or we need to book ourselves

U.S. Department of State
NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Application Received
Application ID or Case Number:
Case Created:30-Aug-2022
Case Last Updated:30-Aug-2022

Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days.
For more information, please visit U.S. Consulate General Toronto.
Hi! Would you please be able to share updates on your case?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi.. i am in the same boat. I am called for an in person interview and next date is Oct 2023. I see people responding that keep checking and new dates open up.. but its very uncertain. do you know if we can request an expedite ?
Definitely you can expedite. But make sure you provide a job related explanation(like you need to be in office soon or you cannot work from out of country due to compliance issues or something of that sort) or a letter supporting your expedite.

nikki1992

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello Guys,

I am new to this forum. I am a canada PR and have been holding H1B for last 4 years currently staying in canada. What is the process for H1B Dropbox? Do we need to schedule an appointment first and send the documents through canada post as per the appointment date accordingly(if it’s a Dropbox) or once we are ready with all the documentation we can send anytime?

how does it work?

please help!

Thanks
Nikhil

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
ye
Hello Guys,

I am new to this forum. I am a canada PR and have been holding H1B for last 4 years currently staying in canada. What is the process for H1B Dropbox? Do we need to schedule an appointment first and send the documents through canada post as per the appointment date accordingly(if it’s a Dropbox) or once we are ready with all the documentation we can send anytime?

how does it work?

please help!

Thanks
Nikhil
yes, you have 90days grace to send the docs after you get the option of dropping documents as per few members in this forum.

Newbie here

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Guys i need your advice!!

So i tried to schedule a Visa interview for H1b in Toronto and i'm Unfortunately eligible for Visa Waiver program and now i don't have option to choose appointment instead asks me to send documents. I DO NOT want visa waiver and rather attend interview. How do i do that now ? Please help me!!!!!!! how do i switch to booking a visa slot rather than sending docs as part of visa waiver program...Please HELP!!

Mar 10, 2021
Hello all,

i am a Canadian PR. I recently got interviewed in US. Employer is ready to help in work permit in US.Anyone please guide me the catagory i should apply and process to apply.

i am working in Plastics(Injection Molding) and the job title is Process Technician.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hello all,

i am a Canadian PR. I recently got interviewed in US. Employer is ready to help in work permit in US.Anyone please guide me the catagory i should apply and process to apply.

i am working in Plastics(Injection Molding) and the job title is Process Technician.
You are in the wrong thread. There are work permit threads exclusively where people discuss this stuff. Please check.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hello friends,Posting my dropbox experience:

DEC 09, Thursday: Submitted passport
DEC 11, Passport delivered, case created. I sent an email to consulate requesting to expedite, explaining my situation.
DEC 16, Monday: Administrative processing
DEC 19, Status updated to issued
DEC 22, Passport available for pickup
Which consulate and would you mind sharing your situation which helped in expediating your request?

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
Hello friends,Posting my dropbox experience:

DEC 09, Thursday: Submitted passport
DEC 11, Passport delivered, case created. I sent an email to consulate requesting to expedite, explaining my situation.
DEC 16, Monday: Administrative processing
DEC 19, Status updated to issued
DEC 22, Passport available for pickup
@hakanyeter

Could you please help sharing the email address you used to send the expedited process as MY and daughter are in the same situation to expedite the process as my mother is not feeling back home and need to travel ASAP.

I would greatly appreciate and remember you forever for helping to explain the process,

The timeline
Dec 18 - Docs submitted
Dec 19 - Docs received at Consulate
Dec 20 - Case Created with NO Status )Case created date as 16-Jan-2022.

It shows No Status from then, My daughter and wife who never got used to this place and living in Airbnb for 120$ per day and awaiting for when is it going to come is literally killing.

Would highly appreciate your response, Or anyone who sent letter to USCIS share the email and format used.

Regards
Sentraj