+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B visa appointment availability

bhargavako

Jan 23, 2022
Hello, I am in the exact same situation as you. I am a Canadian PR, and I was looking to get my initial H1B stamped in Canada, but I currently live in the US. Since there is very limited appointments available at this point, I was hoping to "send documents" from Canada since we can travel to Canada anytime as a PR. My understanding is, as long as I am in Canada with legal status (i.e., PR) then I can waive the interview (based the extended interview waiver). Could you please share if you have heard back from customer support regarding this matter? Many thanks!
Hey! I have not received any significant update from customer support yet. I did receive an update that my case has been forwarded to the concerned department and to wait till they process my case. I will keep updating here as I get more updates from them.

tenebrus

Nov 28, 2018
Hey! I have not received any significant update from customer support yet. I did receive an update that my case has been forwarded to the concerned department and to wait till they process my case. I will keep updating here as I get more updates from them.
Sounds good. Much appreciated!!:)

Reactions: bhargavako

welpure2

Aug 7, 2019
Hi, I am a PR of Canada and have an approved individual L1 petition. Am I eligible for dropbox option in Canada?

bhargavako

Jan 23, 2022
Sounds good. Much appreciated!!:)
They update the check box and told me to look for an appointment. I emailed back asking if I can go ahead with my dropbox as I have Canadian PR. Waiting for their update again.

I am not certain what is happening.

tenebrus

Nov 28, 2018
They update the check box and told me to look for an appointment. I emailed back asking if I can go ahead with my dropbox as I have Canadian PR. Waiting for their update again.

I am not certain what is happening.
Thanks so much for the update! What's the reasoning that they gave for having to look for an appointment? Is it because you said you are currently in the US? Technically, if we are physically in Canada, the answer to the question "Are you travelling from another country to apply for US Visa in Canada" would be NO, then following the instructions, the only option for us is to Send Documents, is that correct?

go4sacchi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Hello All,

I'm preparing for an H1B + H4 visa appointment. I've created an account on https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv and we're eligible for a dropbox. here's are our questions:
1) Where to drop-off the documents ? Im in Toronto.
2) I should add my spouse (H4) as an additional participant and pay a fee of USD $190 for each one of us, correct? ($190 each for me (H1) and H4)
3) The system gives me two options a. collect the passport. b) select the option to courier the passport back to me ( this option comes at the end of the process, and I haven't reached there yet), is my understanding correct?
4) I assume, an appointment is not required to dropoff the documents, correct?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Sri91

Jan 8, 2019
Hi,

I got h1b dropbox eligibility for ottawa. Can I submit a new profile for calgary with a different ds160 since I want to send my documents to calgary now?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi,

I got h1b dropbox eligibility for ottawa. Can I submit a new profile for calgary with a different ds160 since I want to send my documents to calgary now?
You can call respective customer care and find this out. Try calling both Ottawa and Calgary and see what they say. As this dropbox option has started from past couple of months, i doubt if anyone had already done this.

bakkad2

Apr 8, 2018
I'm a non-canadian citizen and filed for L1-B visa. After paying DS-160 fees it tells me to send my documents to the consulate (dropbox). But for L1 applicants there's a $500 fraud prevention fee. Can anyone tell me where/how to pay this fee?
Emailed the consulate (Ottawa) but haven't heard back.

Thanks

siroccoon

Feb 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-05-2013
Med's Request
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
24-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2015
Any interview dates open now for Ottawa or Montreal?